“Best in Boulder”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
usa
“Best in Boulder”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Very good quality and well-located hotel for a college town but not exceptional. Bedrooms and bathrooms can be spacious, depending on your room selection, and offer good quality amenities but unsurprising decor. You can achieve a better room rate if you are willing to forego the much vaunted mountain view. However, if you compromise on a street view room, try to obtain a higher floor.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank spencerusa
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear spencerusa,

Thank you for sharing thoughts from your stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa. I’m pleased you enjoyed our prime location and found our hotel and amenities to be of good quality. While it seems you were not displeased, I do apologize if your stay left something to be desired. We offer a variety of guestrooms, ranging in size, each with varying views and rates to accommodate a selection of guests. Thank you for staying with us, I hope you’ll return on your next trip to Boulder.

Peter T. Walstra, CHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Reviewed 16 July 2014

really great service oriented hotel. They have a full staff that are eager to help in anyway it seems. nice big rooms with soaker tubs and glass showers. Great location right downtown boulder. you can walk everywhere. We like it it. The bar was a little on the dark side but the patio out back has a great view of the flat irons. I'd go back.

Room Tip: get a mountain view room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jeff H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your St Julien Hotel & Spa stay. I am pleased you found our staff, your accommodations and the hotel’s central location and views to be to your liking. I do hope you return again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have family that live in Boulder, so every time I come I stay at the St. Julien. It's absolutely gorgeous and luxurious. The bathrooms are phenomenal, with a beautiful huge tub, and roomy stand alone shower. We stayed here last Christmas, and the place was decorated beautifully and it really felt like a home away from home. The staff are very friendly, and the bar in the lobby is very fun to hang out, have a few drinks, and people watch. Also in the perfect location, walking distance from all the great restaurants.

Room Tip: We always pay a little extra to have the rooms facing the flat irons--very beautiful (and I imagine...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Cologirl12,

Thank you for taking the time to review St Julien Hotel & Spa; we appreciate your continued patronage. I am very happy to hear our hotel felt like a home away from home, you found our accommodations to be exceptional and you were able to take advantage of our prime location in the heart of downtown Boulder. We look forward to seeing you the next time you’re in town visiting your family in Boulder.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Everything about this hotel was great, I only have good things to say. My daughter and I stayed here while visiting CU. The grounds and lobby are very nice but casual. Our room was nice, very quiet, big bathtub, soft sheets! The location is perfect especially if you want to be close to Pearl Street. We took advantage of the bikes they have to ride.
The staff is great, I can not say enough about all of them. Jon the concierge was extremely helpful and fun. We loved Eddy the bartender! All the guys that work with the valet were so much fun and very helpful!
Can not wait to go back:)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear PattiP1957,

Thank you for staying at St Julien Hotel & Spa while touring the CU Boulder campus with your daughter. I am pleased our staff were friendly and helpful, and you were able to enjoy their company. I am also happy your accommodations were to your liking and you were able to take advantage of some of our added amenities such as our complimentary cruiser bikes. We do hope to see you again soon; should your daughter decide to attend CU Boulder, we hope to see you frequently.

St. Louis
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My family of four stayed here for a couple nights after visiting Estes Park. The pictures of the lovely hotel on their website are accurate; it is just as lovely in person. Our room was spotless and tastefully decorated. Our 10 and 8 yo kids got great use out of the indoor pool and hottub, which were well-kept and immaculate, and stocked with fluffy white towels. We ordered some appetizers and drinks in the lobby for happy hour one evening, and it was all very tasty, and the live jazz on the adjoining outdoor patio later in the evening was great. Basically, we really enjoyed our stay here, and the three minute walk to one end of the lively Pearl Street Mall was pretty convenient. You really are in the center of things here.

The hotel seemed to be staffed with many cheery, perky college fraternity/sorority types, who made up for any lack of hotel experience with their relentless good cheer and willingness to help.

With the pool, meals and shopping at Pearl Street Mall, and also a bike ride on the nearby Boulder Creek Path, our short stay was, thanks to St. Julien, exactly what I intended it to be...a nice, relaxing end to our CO family hiking vacation.

Our only complaint was that our room on the second floor, unlike the ones on the first and third floors, had a fake balcony with a less than stellar view. The sill of the screenless window, when opened, hit the middle of my thigh. I was nervous that my rambunctious 8 year old would fall out onto the concrete some (10ft?) below and get seriously injured, so instructed everyone to keep it shut. Really quite surprising that a hotel of this caliber would keep such an obvious safety hazard around. For a toddler this room would be downright dangerous, although any parent with two brain cells would know to keep the window shut.

Overall, should we ever happen upon Boulder again, we would most definitely stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Satelite1,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa; we are very happy to have played a part in your fun-filled family vacation. I am pleased you found our hotel to be beautiful and clean, and our staff friendly and hospitable. I do apologize if you were uncomfortable with the second floor’s Juliette balcony. We never want any of our guests to feel anything but relaxed while in our care, and I do hope you brought your concern to the attention of our staff, as we are always willing to accommodate special requests if room availability permits. We do hope you visit Boulder again; we look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel is one of the best ever. The staff was great and somehow knows every guest by their name. They were extremely helpful and made everyone feel special. The rooms were very well appointed and the hotel is just beautiful. Don't bother looking anywhere else. This place and staff are the best.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Kevan M,

I truly appreciate you sharing your kind thoughts about your recent St Julien Hotel & Spa stay, and I am very pleased you found the hotel and staff to be so welcoming. I do hope you return soon.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great hotel. First class service and staff, without exception, most friendly and accommodating. Great bar. Great breakfasts and light meals in restaurant. Informal atmosphere and highly recommended for short stay visits to Boulder. Only negative was that we found the room a bit small for a long stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear JeffW777,

Thank you for reviewing your recent St Julien Hotel & Spa experience, we greatly appreciate your feedback. I am pleased you found our staff and the service they provided to be exceptional, and that you enjoyed your meals at Jill’s Restaurant. I do apologize if you were at all uncomfortable in your guest room; should you visit us again on an extended vacation, we offer a selection of spacious suites which may better fit your needs. We hope to see you again in the near future.