“Luncheon at the St. Julien Hotel in Boulder”

St Julien Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Each time we visit family in Boulder, we try out a "new to us" place for lunch. This trip was to Jill's at the St. Julien. What a pleasant and lovely surprise it was to find a dining room complete with tablecloths! The buffet lunch (we could have opted for the regular menu) was delightful and literally a "soup to nuts" offering starting with appetizers, soupe au pistou, two wholesome salads, one that included seared ahi slices, entree dishes such as delicious short ribs, polenta, ratatouille, several mini-pizzas and then DESSERTS! These included fruit, pastries, cakes, tarts, and more yummy things than what anyone would ever dream of. A very nice experience all in all.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JLHWPDA
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Dear JLHWPDA,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Jill’s Restaurant; we are so glad you could chose to dine with us while in Boulder. I am pleased you enjoyed our new ‘Ooh La La Lunch’ buffet. Featuring cuisine inspired by the Mediterranean and south of France, this buffet is a new favorite of guests and locals alike for its delicious offering of salads, soups, entrees, flatbreads, desserts and more. We do hope you return to Jill’s Restaurant again in the future!

St Julien Hotel & Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is a first class Hotel. The service is great, but the best thing about this Hotel is the location. It is practically steps away from Pearl Street and tons of restaurants. The Hotel is beautiful, I just wish the streets surrounding it would be a little more quiet. They have live music most evenings at the lobby, fun!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear tiroloco-travls,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share details from your recent stay with us. I am pleased you found St Julien to be a “first-class” hotel, and that you were able to enjoy not only our live music, but also our prime location, just steps from Boulder’s Pearl Street walking mall. We hope you’ll stay with us the next time you’re in Boulder.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The St. Julien is a little bit of paradise in Boulder, CO. The service is superior. I have stayed here over the past 4 years and have had a fabulous time every time I visit. The staff remembers your name from the moment you arrive. The rooms ( no matter if you have a mountain view or downtown Boulder view) are very well appointed. The T-Zero Bar has happy hour every day from 4-6 PM. You can enjoy a beverage outside looking at the beautiful Flatiron Mountains. A beautiful way to begin your evening. I would not stay in any other hotel in Boulder. It's a must if you visit Boulder.

Room Tip: Mountain view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Beth G,

Thank you for your kind review of your recent St Julien Hotel & Spa stay. I am so pleased you have found the service you’ve received while in our care to be exceptional, and that your accommodations, no matter the view, have always been to your liking. I am also pleased you were able to take advantage of T-Zero’s wonderful happy hour specials while enjoying Boulder’s one-of-a-kind view of the Flatirons. I hope we’ll see you in Boulder again soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just got back from a 3 day stay with my husband's company. The visit was truly flawless! From the moment our group arrived until the very last minute of our stay, the staff never missed a beat! Our welcome packets were ready and everything was organized and easy to understand!

The second day that we were there, the husbands had their meetings and the spouses got spend a day at the spa! I have been to many spas over the years, and I can say that this spa ranks up there at the top of the list!

If you do choose to utilize the spa, be sure not to miss Bonnie (as sweet as she is beautiful) who did my facial, Kara (don't let her tiny stature fool you!) who gave me the BEST deep tissue massage I have ever had, and Ydaimi (with and incredible accent and full of great tips on things to do around town and in the hotel) gave me a pedicure that still has my toes feeling and looking beautiful! It was Ydaimi that made an incredible suggestion....a few of us ladies only had an hour between some of our treatments and did not have enough time to grab lunch, so Ydaimi suggested that we order from Jill's (the hotel restaurant) and have it waiting for us on the pool terrace! So that is exactly what we did...sat outside in our spa robes, had an amazing lunch...and then went to our afternoon appointments! It was awesome!

The concierge and valet services were superb as well. The concierge will go out of their way to help you find/plan anything you can think of! And the valet service was awesome! Extremely patient and accommodating!

The rooms are gorgeous and clean! The beds, pillows, towels, robes were extremely soft and comfy! The bathroom is gorgeous and I loved the fact that there was a separate garden tub and a glass shower!

Our beds were turned down every night and if there was anything we anything we needed, they had it to us practically before we hung up the phone!!

The location is perfect as well! Walking distance to tons of shopping and restaurants!

The only thing that I wish they had made available (which is just a personal preference), were oscillating fans for white noise...

Other than that one nit picky thing I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 351 and it overlooked the downtown area.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear HaouleGirl,

Thank you for sharing such a detailed account of your stay with us at St Julien Hotel & Spa; we love to receive feedback from our guests. I am pleased you enjoyed such a pleasant day at our award-winning Spa at St Julien, and that our dining staff was able to attend to you on our pool deck during your break between appointments. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Bonnie, Kara and Ydaimi. Overall, I am very pleased that everyone from our team at the spa, to our concierges, to our valet staff provided you with the hospitality for which we are known. I do hope you return again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here for a quick business trip. Hotel is gorgeous, nice rooms and location. Restaurant is great, had a very good breakfast there twice.

I can definitely recommend this hotel, either for business or a leisure trip to Boulder.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear DaleCooperSr,

Thank you for staying at St Julien Hotel & Spa while on business in Boulder and for taking the time to review your experience. We very much appreciate your recommendation, and are pleased you found your stay to be enjoyable. I do hope you are able to spend your next visit to Boulder with us, and hope you will be able to try our Sunday brunch at Jill’s Restaurant, as it is a great way to enjoy your favorite breakfast items along with an array of other delicious items from Jill’s Restaurant.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My family spent 4 nights at the St Julien in preparation for the Boulder Ironman. The hotel was beautiful. The rooms were well appointed and quiet. Your staff was friendly and so helpful. Your concierge secured restaurant reservations and also helped me coordinate a surprise visit from my husband's brother and father! The location was ideally situated near shopping and restaurants. I would recommend your hotel to anyone visiting the Boulder area. Everything was perfect…and we came home with an Ironman!

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are good rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Nancy W,

Many thanks for sharing details from your St Julien Hotel & Spa experience. As a guest during Boulder’s Ironman weekend, I am pleased we were able to provide a hospitable backdrop for your family’s preparations and celebration. Our staff is always thrilled to assist our guests in planning special surprises and more, and I am glad they were able to help coordinate such a special surprise for you. I am also very happy to hear you enjoyed your accommodations as well as the hotel’s location, and hope that we were within a convenient location to all of your weekend events. We do hope you return again for next year’s festivities, and congratulations on your Ironman!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Highly recommend the St. Julien Hotel and Spa. Fantastic location by great restaurants, shops and spas as well as walking distance to hiking in the mountains.

The staff is phenomenal. They take the time to welcome you and know you by name.

Beautiful facilities including a lap pool.

Rooms have both a stall shower and pool with great toiletries including bath salt, shampoo, conditioner, soaps, body gel and more.

The rooms have a beautiful view of the mountains.

There are bicycles available for cruising around town at no charge.

The lounge is great. Includes a fireplace. Had a great glass of Pinot Noir.

A couple of nice surprises were the free water (you can take it hiking) and St. Julien cookies at night.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying on the 3rd or fourth floor for a great view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Graye,

Thank you for reviewing your St Julien Hotel & Spa stay; your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am pleased our staff made you feel welcome and that you found the hotel’s amenities and your accommodations to be agreeable. I am also pleased that our central location allowed you to explore downtown Boulder and beyond. From our cruiser bicycles to our sweet nightly treats, I am very happy to hear you enjoyed the complimentary extras with which we love treating our guests. We do hope you return to St Julien again soon.