1,133 results
All reviews turn down service beautiful hotel bath salts mountain view soaking tub luxury hotel flat iron four seasons great amenities hotel lobby business meeting downtown boulder the location is perfect long weekend the pearl cookies jules
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

When I booked a room directly with the hotel I was told there were no mountain view rooms available, only cityview. I booked anyway and then emailed the concierge explaining my companion's health situation as well as requesting information for scheduling an afternoon tea. Five days passed and still no email or phone response which I found disappointing. I called the St. Julien and the concierge apologized for not responding and they informed me they had upgraded us to a mountain view. Upon arriving, the room we had been upgraded to was the absolute furthest room away from the elevators. For an elderly, terminally I'll person recovering from hip surgery, the walk was daunting and dreaded. We were able to secure a wheel chair which eased the situation a bit but the room barely had room to fit the wheel chair which was another difficulty. Especially when a wheelchair never would've been required should we had been given a room close to elevators.

The 1st day upon arrival around 5pm, the lobby had empty glassware and plates on every table and was deserted. Because the air conditioning was blasting we chose to sit outside. Once again, almost every table that wasn't being used hadn't been cleaned up from prior occupants.

The 1st night turn down service only turned down one bed???? Strange.

A fruit platter and card welcomed our room arrival which was lovely. Everyone was kind and helpful when asked. Upon leaving after 2 nights valet was very helpful. We asked for bottled water but they were out. Sighhhh. For the price things should have been perfect. I don't think I would stay there again.

The frigid air conditioning and general lackluster for attention to detail was disappointing.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear Xigera,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to hear your experience with us didn’t better reflect that for which we are known. We are dedicated to making our guests’ stays with us as effortless and enjoyable as possible, and I apologize we didn’t better deliver on that goal for you. At your convenience, please contact me at btrotter@stjulien.com, as I’d like to discuss the matter with you directly.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We had a great time at the St. Julian. The hotel staff was all very friendly. The room was great and the beds were very comfortable. We loved the location of the Hotel. Shopping and Restaurants were within walking distance. We will definitely stay at the St. Julian again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear markbeckytice,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you experienced genuine hospitality from our team and enjoyed a comfortable stay in your guestroom while also exploring downtown Boulder from our central location. We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We treated ourselves to for our anniversary. Perfect experience. Staff and hotel were perfect. Able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. Able to access trails directly from the hotel. More than enough nightlife close at hand. Great experience.

Dear gunnystone,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your anniversary with us at St Julien. I am so pleased you experienced a wonderful stay for such a special occasion and you were able to enjoy the many downtown and outdoor attractions Boulder has to offer. We hope you and your spouse celebrate with us again next year. Cheers to you both.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

If you want to be pampered and enjoy first class treatment the St. Julien is where you want to stay! From the friendliness of the staff down to the cookies on your pillow at night! We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We had a view of the mountains- you don't mind waking up early for that view!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review. I am glad you felt pampered and experienced a high level of service from our team to make your stay “first class.” We, too, look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Very nice hotel but the rooms are super cramped/claustrophobic. We booked a city view with balcony that turned out to be just a view of the entry plaza where cars are coming and going all day for valet and entering the hotel. Noisy and not really a balcony you want sit out on and enjoy. View was just of the couple of business across the street too. No fridge to put any of your items in, just an overstocked mini fridge of overpriced items. Overall good hotel but don't set high expectations.

Room Tip: Dont book the city view if you want a quiet stay.
1  Thank Gary R
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear grosenbalm,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. While I am glad to hear you enjoyed your overall experience with us, I apologize you felt your accommodations left something to be desired. -- Bob Trotter, General Manager, St Julien Hotel & Spa