All reviewsquichecookiesentrance drivewaybed and breakfastmountain roadresident catstuffed french toastbeautiful lodgeturn of the centurythoroughly enjoyed our stayshopping and restaurantsgranolathe location is perfectpearl streetfireplacetlctransition
Reviewed 8 June 2017

My sister and I were so looking forward to staying at this place based on the reviews we read online and the description they posted on their website. We both have tight finances so this was a splurge, but we thought it would be worth it since they advertised they had free breakfast and other amenities.

When we arrived, we were greeted by a friendly face who showed us around. My sister had told them that I was vegan two months ago and they said it would not be a problem at that time. To our dismay, she acted surprised and rudely asked if I could give them suggestions on what to cook for me in the morning. When I gave her suggestions, she made it seem that making some potatoes and a veggie scramble would really put them out. Keep in mind, they advertise on their website "Special breakfasts including, vegetarian, vegan, and breakfasts to meet many health and special dietary needs are available by prior request or arrangement." In the morning, the only thing they did was toasted some frozen vegan waffles and poured some powdered sugar on it. It tasted like cardboard, so we left and enjoyed a delicious breakfast at Alpine Modern Cafe. My sister said hers did not taste good and other guests told us that they were disappointed.

I was also looking forward to using their hot tub they included in their amenities on their website. Well, they do have a hot tub, however, it is currently filled with construction materials since it seems like they are doing some yard work.

On to the actual room. We would have loved to use the wonderful jacuzzi they had in the room, however, we would have had to clean it first. There was a previous guests hair and dirt in the tub, so we refrained from filling it up. The bathroom was dirty and a screen was missing on the window, so we couldn't open all the windows on the hot evening. When we had to get ready for work, the hair dryer would work for a minute and then stop working. We had to wait 5-10 minutes before it would turn on again for a couple of minutes.

They boast that they have afternoon tea. By this, they mean that they have the morning's coffee and hot water with tea bags. The scones/cookies have been out all day and no options for those of us with dietary restrictions, even though I told them two months before about it and they assured us that I would have something to eat.

By the end of our stay, we noticed that they had a packet explaining that the inn was for sale. With this information, we concluded that they no longer care to impress the guests which explains why we had such a miserable experience. You are better off booking at the Hampton Inn or Marriott and spending the money you saved on breakfasts in town.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Dorian E
Reviewed 30 May 2017

There is a history behind the Alps at Boulder Canyon. Memories of breakfast on a flower bedecked terrace abuzz with the sounds of humming birds. Star gazing over cocktails on a private terrace after a dip in the hot tub. Retiring to a soft bed and a cozy fire. Morning sunlight creeping up above the canyon walls. The property is for sale; tired and somewhat neglected, it has heart. A labor of love, still beating.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank aguascantantes
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

To be fair this was last minute and not a place I would usually stay. Graduation weekend and Boulder and hotels fully committed. Located 3 miles outside of town in a beautiful setting along the Boulder river. Quiet and peaceful, but worn and tired. From the front entrance throughout. Room was especially disappointing. Carpet stained and worn with furnishings and bedding to match. Mattress sloppy and used. The console TV with built in VCR and DVD and the kind of sofa when you sit and unexpectedly sink further into the cushion than you'd think. The Inn has great potential. Needs some updating and TCL.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Todd H
Reviewed 11 December 2016

I originally booked the Sunset room because it was the cheapest room that I could find online, but when I got there, one of the Innkeepers offered us a free upgrade. She showed us the room we had originally booked and the room she was offering us as a complimentary upgrade, and we were so thrilled with the upgrade! The original room was nice, but the room we upgraded to was amazing! We had a jetted Jacuzzi tub, a door that led to the back patio, which was all dusted in snow and had an amazing view! After a long day of skiing, we used the Jacuzzi tub, which was so nice! We went out to dinner on Pearl Street, which was like a 5 minute drive from the hotel. When we got back we lit our fireplace and watched TV in the room, went down and got hot cocoa and tea they had available at the front desk (both of which were fantastic)! Not to mention the assortment of cookies and treats they had throughout the night and morning! Then, the breakfast... oh, my gosh! It was amazing! We got one of each of the specialty dishes they were serving, which happened to be berries and cream crepes and a Greek quiche - both of which were to die for! The scones they gave us while we were waiting for the meal were great too! Absolutely delicious! I asked the innkeeper, who was also the chef if I could have the recipes and she gave them to me, along with some tips to make the recipes better! I'm so thrilled! I definitely plan on using these regularly for my family and friends! I would definitely stay here again! It was wonderful. The fireplace in the lobby was lit at night and the fireplace in the dining room was lit during breakfast, which was a wonderful ambiance that added to the whole charm of the place. All of the employees I encountered were very sweet and accommodating. I just loved it. Highly recommended for couples, family, and friends!

Room Tip: splurge for a room with a Jacuzzi tub! They are amazing!
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

The positives - friendly, welcoming and helpful staff; proximity to Boulder canyon path and a beautiful
Place to walk/jog/bike; very nice breakfast.
The negatives - although the first floor is rustic and inviting and there is a lovely screened in porch on the second floor ( this lodging Is reminiscent of an old cabin or inn) and your room
Is very large, further observation reveals that the room carpet is dingy and old, the window shade is basically paper, the bathroom fixtures have cosmetic damage like scratches or nicks, the hot tub was broken There is a sense of spending the night in your older relatives spare bedroom where things were once in better shape but haven't been attended to.

Hard to rate the place - spend the night if you don't mind being a drive from downtown and want access to the path and a good warm breakfast.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business