“Relaxing stay in sweet B & B” 4 of 5 bubbles

Briar Rose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Boulder B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
connecticut
“Relaxing stay in sweet B & B”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

We arrived very early in the day and expected to just leave our bags for the day. Instead, the gracious innkeeper offered us fresh water and allowed us to check in early. Everything about this place is pure zen. We loved the commitment to being green - fresh filtered water in a large glass bottle in our room instead of plastic bottles. The refill in the kitchen was a snap. Green products were plentiful. Organic and gluten free baked goods were available all day. The breakfast was just outstanding. Yogurt and homemade granola, fresh fruit and baked goods...and on our morning the most delicious French toast souflet! The meal fueled us with enough energy to hike for miles in Rocky Mtn Natl Park, our next destination.

• Stayed July 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Canberra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2011

Delightful b&b and a warm welcome upon arrival. Delicious breakfasts and an ample tea supply and yum homemade biscuits! Within walking distance to the downtown area and just a short walk from the University.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

Our four day stay at Briar Rose was one of those rare and unexpected charms that on occasion delight a traveler. The spirit of the place is warm and welcoming and we quickly felt as if we were part of a household, not simply anonymous guests. Our room, though small, was very comfortable, very clean, and had a nice bed and bedding. The common areas, which in most B & Bs seem more for show, at Briar Rose actually beckon one to sit down and read a book (a wonderful world expanding collection is available just off the living room). We were not alone in this feeling as I noticed several others enjoying the cozy peace of the living room. Also important, the food was thoughtfully prepared and my dietary needs were accommodated. The staff were young people, likely university students, who take their jobs seriously and were very sweet. If you are an eco-conscious person, you will also appreciate their green B&B certification and genuine commitment to caring for our planet, for us this was important and added to feeling at home at Briar Rose. We travel frequently on business and Briar Rose is one of those places that seem like a harbor in a storm.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2010

I wrote exactly this (the title sentence above) in the Briar Rose guest book upon check out. Having traveled another four months through the USA since then, I still feel the Briar Rose is the most magical place I stayed at during the entire journey.

I arrived on a scorching hot day and was greeted by the Innkeeper, Jessika, like a long lost friend. A lovely cold jug of iced tea was immediately served to cool my weary bones. This turned out to be a sign of things to come, as an endless number of lovely iced tea, coffee & juice trays were brought to my room by the lovely staff over the course of my six day stay.

As a solo traveler I reserved the Red Cloud Room, which was bright, quiet, spacious, economically priced, extremely clean and comfortable. My private bathroom was located a few short steps down the hall, which wasn't a problem at all (I think most other rooms have a totally private bathroom).

The building itself was a beautiful old, renovated house with a great communal dinning room, well appointed lounge room with comfy chairs and heaps of books, magazines etc to read. It really felt like a comfortable and welcoming home to come back to each day.

There was high speed internet which worked well, and a couple of computers with a printer in the front hall. Basically the place had all the mod cons I required.

Breakfasts were fantastic, a variety of options were served during my stay, all organic ingredients used. A great way to start my Boulder day.

All these things made for a fantastic stay, but what really stood out, what really made my time at the Briar Rose special were the truly lovely and amazing staff there. Nothing was ever a problem and I was always greeted with a smile as I walked through the door...it really made my stay pure magic..

When I win the lottery I'll move to Boulder, Colorado and live at the Briar Rose..

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2010

I really enjoyed the hospitality and friendliness of the staff. Our room was comfy and the house was welcoming and snug in November. I particularly liked the fresh flowers everywhere and was grateful for the extensive selection of teas and goodies available all day. The Zen center was a lovely surprise, too.I definitely recommend this B&B to anyone contemplating a stay in Boulder.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Roma Queensland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2010

My husband and I recently stayed in the Bianca room when we were in Boulder for a workshop. We were delighted with our accommodation. The room was cosy and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious as were the home made goodies. Everyone who worked there was obliging and friendly and the atmosphere was peaceful and serene. The icing on the cake was one snowy day - very exciting for Aussies!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Weston, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2010

Briar Rose was a lovely place to stay for our three day visit in Boulder. Helpful staff, comfortable linens, wonderful toiletries, warm fire, and finally delicious, filling breakfast.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple