Briar Rose Bed and Breakfast
US$258
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
US$171
Best Western Plus Boulder Inn(Boulder)(Great Value!)
US$334
US$292
Holiday Inn Express Boulder(Boulder)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$213
US$179
Hotels.com
US$251
US$191
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Boulder Adventure Lodge(Boulder)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$169
Foot of the Mountain Motel(Boulder)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$179
US$426
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsmeditation roomcookiesthe main housetea selectionhomemade granolacarriage housezen meditationfiltered waterbreakfast was deliciouspearl streetfellow guestspeaceful stayminute walkliving roomwithin walking distancewalked everywherethe room was nice
Reviewed 21 October 2011

This certainly didn't live up to it's reputation or advertisements and is situated on a noisy road. We arrived late, so a key was left for us which we didn't have a problem with but the directions to find the bathroom that went with our room was a different matter! We found a broom cupboard, someone else's room but it turned out to be a door marked 'private', which was the last one we tried although would have known had the note said that. Breakfast was disappointing, the fresh fruit salad looked very sorry for itself and seemed sparse, and there was no choice; at one point we had to clear space for someone to sit down. We had pancakes one day that were very heavy and stodgy. It seemed to be run by students, but by day three the lad serving looked in need of a wash and change of clothes. Information about the locality was non-existant, we chanced upon some kind of green fair; which could have been mentioned on the board or leaflets made available.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jonty1960
Reviewed 2 October 2011

When making our plans for family weekend two months ago, we were unable to find any rooms and stumbled upon this wonderful bed and breakfast. From the moment we arrived, we felt the stress and noise of travel from the east coast dissipate. The entry through a garden with an attractive waterfall into the homey front room was just the beginning. The smell of fresh baked goodies drew us in where we met several friendly people working in the kitchen. Our room was not ready upon our arrival, but we were offered delicious brewed tea from their extensive collection and homemade cookies. We were given a tour of the place and shown our room. We went to the CU family activities and returned to find our belongings happily tucked into our comfortable room. The bed was very comfortable...we slept for 9 hours! We awoke to the smell of fresh coffee (a local roaster) and homemade zucchini bread. Homemade yoghurt with homemade granola, fresh fruit, followed by fresh eggs scrambled with spinach, red bell pepper, and mushrooms with goat cheese atop completed our breakfast, which we ate on a covered porch. After a day of hiking, vwe returned to enjoy a cup of fresh brewed tea with the zucchini bread. Our tea was served on a silver tray complete with fresh flowers and herbs from the garden!
We have stayed at other places in Boulder, but if we can, we will always stay here in the future!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank mbondsi
Reviewed 10 September 2011

My husband and I stayed in the Bianca room. While the street out front was busy, we didn't hear it at all (to be transparent in my review, we didn't open the windows...didn't need to). Parking was ample in the available lots. Pearl Street was only about a 10 minute walk away - nice. The breakfast was yummy - and the homemade granola is out of this world! The only problem with the shortbread cookies was that I know how much butter is in shortbread cookies, so that kept me from eating 5 of them. I steeled myself for only eating one. Very tough to do! The tea selection was fantastic. Love the tea in the afternoon and the mint-lemon ice water. Room is comfortable. If you absolutely have to have a TV in your room, then you must know that there isn't one there. No problem on our end. It was great not to have the glaring screen for one night.

For those lucky enough to stay on a Friday night, the Saturday morning Boulder County Farmers Market is a 10 minute walk away. GO THERE if it is happening, even just to walk around & gawk at all the wonderful things! So amazing!! Wish we had a comparable one close to home.

I was thinking about some of the not-great reviews that said that the owner does the welcome in the kitchen (and sometimes dishes are there) and that the young staff runs the place. This was our first time staying at a B&B, and being welcomed in the kitchen made me feel like I was staying in the owner's own house. I welcome all my guests into my kitchen at home, and there are surely some dishes there every now & then! A rushed intro to the place, someone said. Who cares? How much do you need to know besides where the tea & cookies are, the breakfast time, where your key works, whom to call in an emergency, & where your room is? A young staff? Well, they sure seem to know what is going on, so I don't feel the burning need to talk to someone who is older, just for the sake of talking to someone older. And Elizabeth makes a MEAN homemade breakfast bread (I think ours was ginger-spice flavor?), so have her on hand any night I am there, please!

All in all, a very fine place to stay, a welcoming setting - and we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Michelle Y
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I can't think of a better way to wrap up our Colorado travels than by staying here. We got lucky and the Briar had a cancellation. We stayed in the Cameron room, which has French doors and a lovely balcony. Everything about this place was excellent. The room is so comfy we slept in and hung out for the coziness. Downstairs has a welcoming lounge area, and there are a million (OK, maybe like 35 or so) different organic teas from which to choose throughout the day. You also have yummy homemade cookies and bread available at your leisure.

The breakfast is delicous. We had some type of egg with peppers omelet with bread, yogurt with fruit, granola, fresh squeezed OJ...and maybe more. We also had a yummy french toast breakfast. I think it's all homemade.

The best part, though, is the service. The staff are very welcoming and friendly. They helped us find things to do when it was raining and looked up bike rentals for our day plans. I can't stress enough that, while the place is charming and food superb, it's the staff that make this the best place to stay. I will definitely come back here my next stay in Boulder.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mmhaustin
Reviewed 10 August 2011

This B&B is one of the finest places to stay, not only in Boulder but anywhere. I've stayed in many B&B's in North America and they all were nice, but the Briar Rose is at the top.
The owners and the staff are what make the difference; a gracious welcome, a staff of happy and positive people, delicious organic breakfasts, organic teas available anytime, and homemade breads and cookies baked fresh every afternoon.
I stayed in the Windom room which is upstairs above the carriage house. The room has a nice peaceful feeling and lots of windows. As well, this is also a green B&B so you won't find any chemicals sprayed in your room.
There are many other positive ammenities to be found at the Briar Rose. I will certainly return, and like to tell anyone coming to Boulder to check out the Briar Rose

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo