All reviews meditation room cookies charming b b tea selection the main house carriage house granola red cloud organic breakfast zen center filtered water pearl street private bath fellow guests minute walk peaceful stay these folks
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I had always wanted to take vacation in Colorado and this year for my birthday present to myself, I did. I was excited to find a bed and breaakfast that not only worked with my dietary needs and preferences (vegan, gluten free) but also had a fireplace in the room and makes sustainable choices in the running of it just like I do at home. It is very convenient to get around and close to many things. Breakfast was delicious ( and pleasing this graduate of The Natural Gourmet Institute takes attention to presentation in addition to taste). I am looking forward to staying there in the future when my travels bring me back to Boulder.

Date of stay: February 2012
2  Thank SpiritEmerging
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Nice owners....but for the price....Stay somewhere else! I found the rooms to be dirty and dingy. The furnishings are cheep and mismatched. The romantic room above the carriage house has a really squeaky bed. OUTDATED! And the biggest disappointment was the breakfast. It was not set up to serve yourself. The portions were ridiculously pretentious. Our "organic" breakfast was prepared by a very immature and unskilled college student. Loved the concept of eco-friendly, but so what, you recycle....I am not impressed.... Do we want to pay for that novelty? Just a big disappointment all around, especially for the price.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annie M
BRBB, Owner at Briar Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

We are very sorry this guest was so unhappy. Nonetheless, this review
is markedly unfair. We made various attempts to please her. She was
unhappy with the original room that was recommended to her by our staff person.
This is understandable: all our rooms are different, and people have
different preferences. We moved her to a different room, but it felt
like an uphill battle to satisfy her after her initial disappointment.
It's true we do not serve breakfast family style, but she was offered
more multiple times. We are sorry if this arrangement was
uncomfortable. We go out of our way to meet our guests desires and
needs. Our staff is young, but these are remarkably warm and friendly
young people. In the end, we did our best, and we are sad that she
was unhappy.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

The Briar Rose is a unique place. It offers an atmosphere that is cozy, vibrant, and endlessly loving. I find myself surrounded by fresh flowers, sunny rooms, tasteful wall hangings, and furniture that invites me to be at home (...the home I wish I had). The location is convenient and quiet. The staff is extremely friendly, and they go out of their way to meet the customers' needs. When I was younger, my mom would take my sisters and me to a B&B whenever we traveled. The Briar Rose brings back only the fondest memories of these times spent together. Every time I stay for a weekend, I have a difficult time leaving.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Deborah D
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Full of charm, this B&B delivers a genuine opportunity to embrace new friendships. Having spent a total of several months at the Briar over many trips in the last year, I've had the opportunity to experience a range of weathers, chefs, and rooms. Tea at any time, customized meals, and exemplary service from a devoted staff ensure that your needs will be met; if there's anything you need, just ask. The owners' consistent reinvestment in the building, and devotion to a long future are evident in the care exhibited in all activities.

My travels to Boulder are always work-related, and inherently solitary in nature; thus I always enjoy meeting fellow house-guests. I've discovered the Briar Rose to be a popular destination with the International scientific community, where conversations about Saturn's Moons, airborne particulates, electric cars, or modern european architecture occur over an aptly named "Waffle Wednesday" breakfast. -Like most things in life, your experience at the Briar Rose is what you make of it, indulge!

Room tip: Every room is unique, check out their website to learn about each one; call when making your reservation to inquire further about a room's character.
Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Brett G
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We only stayed here a night, but it was such a welcome sight after a long flight from London! What do they do the duvets to get them so fluffy? I have never seen anything like it.

It's a lovely relaxed place, very much someone's home, with books and paintings and so on. The staff were friendly and helpful, the breakfast was wonderful and our fellow guests also delightful. I could happily have stayed much longer, and if we go back, we may well do just that.

And finally, I know this is very British of me, but pot of tea that they made us was absolutely wonderful. It's rare to get a really great cup of tea in a hotel in the US, but this was superb. As good as I've ever had and supremely welcome after a long trip. They know their teas!

Room tip: We stayed in the Antero room which had a log fire and a separate sitting area - lovely
Date of stay: December 2011