“Give yourself a gift.”

GreenLeadersGold level
Birmingham, MI
“Give yourself a gift.”
Reviewed 10 January 2010

From the moment that you arrive, you know that you are cared for.
I have had the good fortune to stay at the Rose in the summer, when things are open & sunny. I can sit in the beautiful garden, or on a deck & take in the Rockies. I've also stayed in the winter after a 14" snow fall. To be cuddled in with a book, some scrumptious cookies & herbal tea especially chosen for you, in front of a roaring fire...Heaven!
The owners, Gary & Jessika, are so genuinely nurturing. This shows in the meticulous appointment of each room, it shows through the staff, who are considerate & caring, in the delicious breakfast which is graciously served to you. You will experience that nurturing in just the whole feel of the bed & breakfast.
All of this without feeling ostentatious, or stuffy.
The Briar Rose is a wonderful place. If you are in Boulder, please give yourself a gift and spend some time here.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Boulder, CO
Reviewed 8 December 2009

This was a great place to stay. It is a traditional cozy, charming B & B with an eco-concious zen boulder vibe. The best part was the staff who are friendly, helpful and always ready to make you some great tea.

• Stayed November 2009
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Reviewed 6 December 2009

From the time I walked into the place, until the day I (sadly) check out, I was in awe of such an awesome place to stay. Being a Nurse, I appreciate and look for CLEANLINESS! I am SO THANKFUL they DO NOT ALLOW PETS!! that is a PLUS! for me and one of the IMPORTANT items on my list for requirements on a place to stay. The place was clean, fresh, smelled nice, was quiet! restful, peaceful! and just an awesome place to be. I could write a book about how wonderful this place was. The MOST FRIENDLY staff I have ever seen. Just sweet, loving and kind, eager to take care of anything you would need or ask for. The room was JUST PERFECT for me and I will definitely stay there again! Their food is out of this world and it is served in an awesome, homey and quaint dining room by some of the most humble, caring and loving staff. The food is so wonderful and their herbal organic teas!! oh my, its a heavenly site to look up and see all those teas from which to choose from. At night when I would come in from visiting my grandson, son and daughter-in-law, just reeling from the excitement of being with my new grandson, Troy Jakob, I wanted to visit and drink tea and Leah, one of the staff, was oh so sweet and caring and interested in me and what concerned me. We sat in the kitchen and she prepared me some herbal tea of my choice and we talked and ate homemade DELICIOUS cookies! She even prepared another pot of tea placed on a silver tray with some cookies for my room. Absolutely amazing!! this place. I will ALWAYS come back there. I feel like it is my home away from home. Thank you Briar Rose for caring for me and making my stay there for those 4 days a real treat! I love you all for the caring you gave to me. The ENTIRE STAFF is THE ULTIMATE BEST!! I especially appreciate my son, Jake, being able to join me for breakfast on my last day. They graciously welcomed my precious son, Jake, to arrive in the morning of my last day there to eat breakfast with me. What a treat for us both on my last day. Sarah and Elizabeth, thank you for your caring for me too. Briar Rose is the perfect place for someone to stay that wants a QUIET, HOMEY AND SERENE PLACE to be and feel safe. I DO NOT LIKE HOTELS for the noise, uncleanliness, bad staff, dirty accommodations, and traveling alone it is unsafe. Not-to-mention the fact that many places now allow PETS! UGH! I DO NOT WANT TO SLEEP WHERE ANIMALS WERE! I could come and go and feel safe, loved, cared for and it was QUIET and I could read my BIBLE at night before bed, meditate, have herbal teas and it was just so lovely. It is a LOVELY PLACE and I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK!! Thank you again, Briar Rose for all you did to make my stay memorable. Love and prayers, Peggy Culpepper, Rancho Cucamonga, CA

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
Edinburgh
Reviewed 1 December 2009

I can't express how much I enjoyed staying at the Briar Rose. It was without question the most peaceful and pleasant place I have *ever* stayed. It wouldn't do for a family with children, I suspect, but if you're a solo traveller or travelling with family or a spouse and looking for a comfortable place to stay you can't do better. I was there with my husband and in-laws for a week, and all of us were sorry to leave. The staff are all courteous and friendly, the food was terrific, the rooms was comfy and homelike. Not even the greatest cynic could fault the cleanliness or the coziness. Breakfasts were delicious. There were endless supplies of tea and small cookies, as well as available computers with internet access. The B&B is only a five/ten minute walk from downtown Boulder and Pearl Street, an excellent place to go for food, shopping, and local nightlife, and is right on one of the main bus lines, making transportation easily available even if you don't have a car. I travel to Boulder once a year to visit family in the area, and hope to never stay anywhere else now that I've experienced the Briar Rose; it was, without question, perfect.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Ashfae
Arkansas
Reviewed 10 July 2009

I stayed two nights in the Briar Rose after a week in the Rockies. I, too found the street noise bothersome at first but it melted away as I relaxed and enjoyed the gardens. Our room opened to the back garden which was very lush and green. I enjoyed sitting out there with my morning coffee (yes, they have coffee too, not just tea!) and morning paper which was available in the hallway. One of the days we were there the dining room was full so I asked for a tray to take with and ate my breakfast in the garden. It was wonderful. I loved the yogurt and granola and friut. The waffles looked great but didn't partake.
The staff was very helpful but never overbearing. The computer area was well done. Two computers and never had to wait. Super fast connection too.
I really enjoyed the location as well. Very close to shops and great restaurants (some high end others not so much but all very good!). Pearl Street Mall was a leisurely walk through some very nice neighborhoods.
I will definitely stay here again when I visit Boulder. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. I felt very much at home but with a terrific staff to assist me at all times. It doesn't get any better!

• Stayed June 2009
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 July 2009

Our stay at the Briar Rose was our first stop on a really needed vacation. We arrived a little edgy & stressed and by the end of our 2 day stay we were totally relaxed & in full vacation mode. We participated in the Buddhist meditation service that was made generously available to us. That was amazingly nurturing along with the gentle kindness of the staff, the wonderful pots of tea and the endless homemade cookie jar. The gardens and spaces were lovely and very peaceful. Breakfast was simply elegant & delicious. Gentle, easy service and kindness were very abundant our entire stay. We loved it!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Orlando
Reviewed 7 July 2009

I was pleasantly surprised to find peace & tranquility among the hustle and bustle of Boulder. The Briar Rose B&B was a great place as a solo traveler to feel like I could come home in the afternoon and relax in the lawn while enjoying a freshly brewed cup of hot tea, reading a good book, while taking in the sweet smelling garden. I truly also appreciated the meditation room that was available to guests. I was able to practice my yoga and meditation daily. This place makes for a nice retreat from home.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo