“Great place, great location”

The Bradley Boulder Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Boulder B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 February 2013

We stay at either the Boulderado or the Bradley whenever we come to Boulder. It is a really beautiful place with a fantastic common room with a huge fireplace. A small breakfast buffet included as well as a free wine, cheese, and beer hour everyday at 5:00. Only a short block from Pearl St. Great walking areas, restaurants and bars all in walking distance. Free parking. The only reason I don't rate Excellent is that it's a little pricey, although worth the money. They do not allow children below the age of 14. (That's why we sometimes stay at the Boulderado),
I highly recommned this place!!

Room Tip: I like the second floor facing the street, but haven't had a bad room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James D
HeartofBoulder, Owner at The Bradley Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Bradley! We're so glad that you had a nice visit and that you appreciated the value of complimentary parking, breakfast, our wine & cheese hour, snacks (fresh fruit, cookies and cake), unlimited bottled water, wireless internet, movies and health-club privileges, all included in one reasonable nightly rate! Please come back again soon. Our sincere thanks, from The Bradley Staff :)

Reviewed 26 January 2013

Good sized room, tidy, well decorated and very caring hosts. The room was quiet and we couldn't hear other guests. Wifi worked well.
This was a great start to our epic holiday across USA and still stands out as one of our favourite places.
We used Boulder as a base for day trips to Rocky Mountains National Park and returned at the end of the day just in time for some wine! Happy with the breakfast and breakfast area. The open lounge area turned out to be really good sharing a wine over a great chat with some new friends.
Close to the centre of town and easy to get to spots for dinner.
Boulder is a really pretty town and I'd love to go back.(we actually went there in Nov 2011 but couldn't selet this in the TA drop down menu)
A few other things about Boulder (nothing to do with this BnB) the shuttle bus connection from Denver was a chore and took about an hour too long as ours was the last drop off. There is a nice easy walk up to some small flatirons (the Red Irons I think they were called). The Mountain Sun Brewery was a culinary highlight!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pc_holiday

Hello from The Bradley! We were delighted to read that The Bradley Boulder Inn was one of your favorite places on your trip to the US! We love Australians here in Boulder, come back soon! Sincerely, The Bradley Staff :)

Reviewed 2 December 2012

This is a lovely house in a great location right by Pearl street mall, close to bars and restaurants.Great rooms, lovely breakfasts and very welcome cheese and wine at 6.00p.m. so attractive wgen the christmas decorations went up!We loved it,

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This is a true gem in the heart of the pretty downtown district. We were able to shop, hike, and eat at some wonderful restaurants, all without moving our car! The furnishings were stylish and our beds were remarkably comfortable. The staff was more than helpful, and the breakfast was very good. They had quite nice wine at the wine&cheese party, too. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2012

The Bradley was somewhere I was really looking forward to as for the 300 dollars, I was expecting so much, particularly from the breakfast but to be honest I was a bit disappointed. I thought we'd get someone from the kitchen cheerily making us scrambled egg, french toast etc etc but it was just a help yourself bar.

We had a downstairs bedroom so didn't benefit from the glorious views other people have commented on, nor did we have an open fire, but the room was very spacious and nicely furnished. Huge bed, but hard mattress, no good for me unfortunately.

Location wise it was perfect, but I would not go back as in my view it was over priced.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sueandpauluk
Reviewed 13 October 2012

The Bradley has it all. The location is perfect, located downtown but with private off street parking. The staff are very friendly. The building is beautiful and the common spaces offer lots of areas for both quiet sitting and reading as well as meeting other guests. The room was very comfortable and very clean. We enjoyed being able to open the window and turn on our ceiling fan. What we liked the most was the clean contemporary look since too many B&Bs are fussy and cluttered. We also liked the breakfast and happy hour and all day snacks. They were fresh and included granola and yogurt as well as more decadent baked goods and quiches. We enjoyed the freedom of eating when we wanted and either alone or with others---personally, we do not like B&Bs that have "forced conversation" with formal breakfasts.

I would look no further if you are going to Boulder.....and you will LOVE Boulder. There are so many restaurants close to the Inn.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms are more private and offer balconies but you must walk up a big staircase. We lo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2012

The quick review…great room. great location, great staff, great food, great price, plus a parking space in the middle of downtown Boulder

We stayed here for a couple of nights this summer. I made the reservation based on price and location, but was a bit skeptical of the Bradley. My biggest fear was that it was going to be a bit too home spun, with overly talkative inn keepers and meddlesome guests. It was not like that at all. Our encounters with the staff were very professional and they were also very warm and accommodating. The Inn is small, as in number of bedrooms, but not small in size. Our room was very gracious in size and very comfortable. The decor is what I might call Colorado contemporary. It's is clean and sleek with a nod to the building's past. It is not, an over the top, boutique hotel and for that the Bradley gets 5 stars. The photograph showing our room, was right on the mark, very clean and comfortable. We stayed on the first floor, in the most accessible room. My boyfriend had just had his knee replaced and did not want to walk up and down stairs. There was not a room on the first floor with a walk in shower, but the tub with a shower was a good size and the staff provided us with an anti-slip mat. The only thing I would have added to the room was a full length mirror. I like to make sure everything is in place and covered before heading out for the day. There is a perfect place by the front door of the room. There may have been a full length mirror in the hallway..

So even better then the room was the breakfast, the afternoon snack, and the happy hours. Great home baked choices….They were cooking granola when we arrived. They served two choices of quiche each morning and I'm guilty I ate a piece of both, not to mention the lemon pound cake I could not stop eating. Luckily, the breakfast sweet bread reappeared as the afternoon snack. They had a lovely, help yourself, coffee and tea bar. They also had pitchers of ice water out. Each day the fresh garnish in the ice water changed, from lemon, to lime to cucumber. Due the high altitude I tried to keep hydrated, so I loved the help yourself coffee bar plus I needed something to drink with my third piece of lemon cake. The happy hour had a lovely selection of wines and beers, cheese and some homemade nibbles. A perfect place to unwind after hiking or shopping.

Then there was the delightful staff. Number one on my list, they all seemed to enjoy their job and understood the job's responsibilities. Everyone was very warm and hospitable. It was like staying in a home with loving family, but without any family drama. I liked that the perfectly clean kitchen was right off the dining area. Since I felt like a guest in a home, it was nice to walk into the kitchen and put my used plate in the sink…but this was not in the least bit expected of the guest…

The kitchen was just so inviting and smelled good, it was nice watching the goodies come out of the oven. It was also sort of relaxing and comfortable like being at home, but on a great vacation. As I said, I put my plate in the sink. I did not have to clean it, put in the dishwasher……you know what I mean

The location was great. I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple