“Good but not great”

The Bradley Boulder Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Boulder B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I would have a hard time giving this B & B 5 stars despite all the rave reviews it has. To me the best thing about it was the location. I would not stay here again. I travel solo a lot and after some very positive stays at B & Bs internationally I thought I would give this one a try. I did not find the staff any friendlier that any chain hotel and the breakfast, to me, was disappointing. Everything was fine but nothing was outstanding. I did have trouble operating the air conditioner and I did find it weird that there was no staff after 7:00 considering the cost of the room. I guess you are paying for the location but next time I will stay somewhere else. There are lots of parking options!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just left after four great nights at The Bradley.
To summarize for your benefit:
--The rooms are spacious, clean and feels nothing like a chain hotel.
--Breakfast was always delicious with a variety of items. Their granola and fresh yogurt with fruit was so good.
--The staff was always attentive, friendly and smiling.
--You can meet and talk to other guests or just do your own thing.
It truly was a home away from home for my wife and I.
We highly recommend The Bradley. And one last point, the location is perfect.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The Bradley welcomed us warmly and the staff was always helpful whenever we had a question. The inn is in a great location and the breakfast is outstanding. We were pleased with our choice and would happily recommend it when you are planning a stay in Boulder..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is a true gem. Located in the heart of Boulder Colorado this incredible Inn offer great accommodation and a wonderful warm feeling. All of the staff go out of their way to make the guests feel at home. The breakfasts offer a selection of quiches, cereals and baked goods. Afternoon tea has tea, cookies and cakes. Cheese, biscuits and wine are available in the late afternoon. The large lounge area offers a meeting area for guests and a table with puzzles kept us very busy. The beautiful wooden puzzles are a challenge enjoyed by the adults.
The location is a 2 minute walk from the Main Street in Boulder. We would highly recommend this delightful Inn.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This place is amazing! It feels like being at home. Right from the beginning you are welcomed with fresh made cookies and refreshments! The rooms are bright and airy, the beds are super comfy, and the location is fantastic, just off Pearl St. The wine and cheese was excellent and the breakfast is not your chain hotel fare. Quiche, frittata, fresh hot bread, yogurt and fruit, gluten free options, just fantastic. I plan to stay here in the future!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My spouse and I decided to stay here to celebrate our anniversary. The B&B is centrally located in Boulder, near 16th Street and Pearl. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance. The Bradley Boulder Inn has its own parking lot, for the 10 guest rooms. We were greeted with a smile--and ... carrot cake and freshly baked chocolate coconut cookies with cherries (my spouse thought the cake was a little dry). There is a dining area with lots of information about things to do and see in the Boulder area. There is a large parlor with comfortable chairs and a fireplace. There is a computer and a small library (with DVDs) by the front door. After 7 pm, you use a code to get in the back door. My Wi-Fi wireless connection worked flawlessly.

We stayed in room 10 upstairs. It features a queen bed, fireplace, soaking tub, and Juliet balcony with views of the neighborhood and the foothills. The TV gets Comcast satellite channels. There is a DVD player. We were welcomed with a bottle of sparkling wine (a nice touch). There was a central AC unit and a noisier window AC unit (which worked better at cooling off the room than the overhead central unit). There were 2 comforters on the bed. We had to remove one at night, because it got so hot under the covers.

We liked the wine and cheese hour (5-6 pm). There were a couple of beers, two white wines (both chardonnay), two red wines (zinfandel, merlot), several types of cheese, crackers, grapes, nuts, and more cookies! We chatted with another couple in the parlor; they were celebrating a birthday.

No B&B stay would be complete without the breakfast. You could order eggs any style or smoothies (excellent!). There was quiche (a little dry), yogurt (plain, but with fruit added on top, served in a small mason jar), banana muffins (slightly overcooked), bread, teas, and coffee. My spouse would have preferred more fruit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a walk-out balcony