“Fantastic place to stay”

Best Western Plus Boulder Inn
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I spent a week at the Best Western Boulder Inn to attend a course, and I found the accommodations to be perfect. The room was clean, quiet and modern; I could keep the screen door open all night for fresh air, and the staff was unfailingly helpful and friendly. My favorite part was the loaner bikes--which made it possible for me to explore Boulder without a car. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank SylviaH963
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Boulder Inn

Reviewed 19 August 2011

Although a motel style of hotel with individual rooms around a pool area or outside around the road we were pleasantly suprised. The pool was great as was the hot tub. The room was clean and well apointed. Breakfast was ok but not many tables to sit at so was a little crowded.
Would stay again and recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool room
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnSunderlandUk
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We returned to the Best Western Boulder Inn having stayed there numerous times in previous years and found it to be pleasantly upgraded. The beds were comfortable with nice linens and the room was spacious and very clean. We travel with our small dog and appreciate the welcoming response from the staff for us and our pet. The flower pots outside the sliding glass doors on the lower level were absolutely beautiful and helped soften the standard look of the unit. The breakfast is very adequate and varied the two mornings we were there. Even though the highway is close to the inn, we didn't notice a great deal of road noise. Overall, the Best Western Bould Inn is a consistently reliable place to stay and enjoy the unique city of Boulder.

Room Tip: The dog friendly rooms are on the first floor and have sliding glass doors to the outside so taking...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank slpretired
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Our room was clean and up to date with good WIFI. We started in a room that allowed pets (so my college age daughter could bring her dog). It was clean, but smelled like cigarettes (we were warned on the website and when booking). We changed rooms on the second day when my daughter moved into her apartment.

The staff was outstanding. They found another room for us quickly and two days later, when I realized I left my swimsuit in the closet of the first room, they spent 20 minutes tracking it down.

The breakfast was average. Our second room opened onto the back parking lot, which was convenient. Both rooms were quiet (although I suspect the rooms that surround the pool may be noisy). Oh yeah, the pool has a great view of the Flatirons.

I've stayed in four hotels in Boulder (visiting CU, bringing my freshman daughter, bringer her back as a sophomore, etc), and the Plus was undeniably the best.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MtnTraveler2
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Very clean with exceptionally friendly staff. Keurig coffee makers in rooms. Great breakfast, included. Beautiful view of mountains from pool. Nice business center. Within walking distance of university, whole foods, subway, starbucks, and lots more.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank mlspt
Reviewed 5 August 2011

This hotel has a wide variety of rooms ranging from the original single story to several 2 story additions. The older rooms look like they date from the 60s and many of the rooms are adjacent to high traffic streets. I arrived later than I expected and had to quickly shower and change to make a dinner engagement. My room was in what appeared to be the newest wing, a huge room but adjacent to the street. I would have normally asked for a room change but did not have the time. The room had a minifridge and microwave and very nice toiletries. The only negative was the the commode lid was loose. Road noise was OK until about 6AM when traffic became very loud, so light sleepers need to be careful in selecting a room. A "hot" breakfast was free and included the usual microwaved fare; bacon, sausage patties, and mcmuffin-style eggs. They also had a wafle maker. The breakfast was good, particularly for free, but the table cloths were filthy! I was one of the first in and they had obviously been used for several days and were badly stained.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank swtraveler2
Reviewed 4 August 2011

the hotel was nothing special. it was very clean and the beds were comfortable. there was good wifi connection in the room and the reception staff was very helpful with our needs. in the morning there was a good complimentary breakfast that was the basic stuff, cereal, waffles, milk, muffins.. etc. overall it was a convenient and nice place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business