“The best affordable hotel in Boulder”

Best Western Plus Boulder Inn
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We booked via email and the staff couldn't have been helpful - not only did they offer a discount for alumni of the University of Colorado, but they gave me a $50 giftcard for being their 500th like on Facebook!
The staff were great, very young and friendly. The room was big, great balcony overlooking the pool, lots of space. We were lent bikes for free, parking was free. Location was great - very close to the Uni, and only 15 mins by bike or car to the centre of town.
There weren't many different choices of hotel in Boulder, I'm sure this is the best affordable hotel though.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ru84
BoulderInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Dear Ru84,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay. We were very excited when we hit our "500th Like" and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting CU. We hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Ryan Schwede
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Fantastic location. Easy walk to CU campus. Very clean rooms. As comfortable a bed as you would find in any 5 star hotel. Excellent service!!

Some road noise one night. But was fleeting. Needs in room safe. Rates were higher than I expected due to overall area demand.

But the positives greatly outweigh the negatives. I certainly recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank robo1814
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We have points with BW - so we stay with them frequently. This hotel looks a bit dated from the outside - but our room was upgraded to a premium room and it was very nice - updated completely. The bathroom area , bedding and furniture were all modern. The room was clean, without question. The front desk was beyond kind and welcoming!
While you may not wish to walk to the Pearl Street mall from this location, it was convenient by car. It is also very convenient to Chataqua State Park and Flagstaff Mountain.

Breakfast was average - nothing fancy. Cereal, Yogurt, Apples, Bananas, a waffle maker and some eggs.

The only trouble we had - which I read in other reviews as well - was the air conditioner! It was so incredibly loud that it kept us up all night. I would not consider us "picky" travelers at all and generally we don't complain about anything - we didn't get a chance to explain this to the hotel management - but if you go, I would certainly be sure that the AC unit is not rattling before you agree on a room. We stayed in room 238. It did have a great view and overlooked the pool.

Room Tip: As for a room with a "view" of the pool or mountains!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gettysburg01
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that we were able to offer you a complimentary upgrade. Your comments recognizing the cleanliness of the hotel, as well as the excellent staff are very much appreciated. I have passed your positive words on to our staff.
When you return to the Boulder area, please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

My son and I stayed here for 3 nights in June 2012. The staff was wonderful, the room was clean, comfortable, updated and well-maintained. I had several friendly conversations with the folks at the desk and really enjoyed talking with them. They gave great advice about how to get around and where to go. I also noted that they treated everyone with equal respect; when folks came in to apply for housekeeping jobs the applicants were treated in the same friendly way as the guests.

The pool and the hot tub were very clean and well-kept. The breakfast looked good, lots of variety, including fresh fruit, cereal, waffles, eggs, and bacon. They did a great job offering a lot of food in a small serving area.

CU Boulder was very near, tho I was surprised when I realized that we were basically on the opposite side of the highway from the campus. No problem, there were underpasses that led right on to campus. The hotel also had complimentary bikes that you could ride anywhere in town.

A few very minor drawbacks. The views were more of hotels and buildings than of mountains (as you see in their ad picture!), but that's to be expected of a reasonably priced room. Also, the breakfast area was quite small and tended to be a bit crowded.

We would definitely go back!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Hi,
I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We have achieved our goal of developing a team of friendly and welcoming team members that absolutely thrive on hospitality. Thank you for recognizing the friendliness of the entire staff.
I’m glad that you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast. We are proud to offer eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, and other items our guests request. If you find an item that you would prefer, but is not offered, please bring it to our attention.
When you return to the Boulder area, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your future reservation.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

The Best Western Boulder Inn is very close to a traffic congested highway and you have to drive 2 to 3 miles and take some turns to reach downtown Boulder. When you arrive there you will not find easily parking space. The hotel as such is ok. The rooms are nice and spacious, wifi is free and there is a simple, complementary breakfast. There is plenty of parking at the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2012

The hotel overall was pretty nice and a very good location to walk to the campus and downtown. The staff was always VERY friendly and helpful with our questions. The rooms were fairly clean and the pool was very nice. My only two complaints were: 1)the hot tub could use a good cleaning, took one look at the water and decided to skip it 2.) the walls are a little thin and you can hear feet above and noise from the hallway. Otherwise I would definitely recommend it. :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Upon entering this hotel to checking out, top customer service was provided. Ben was an excellent resource for any questions I had, and there were plenty as this was my first time in Boulder. The room had a balcony right over the pool area with a wide view of the mountains - definitely request these rooms when you stay! The business center was very clean with a fast internet connection. I will for sure stay at this property if ever headed that way!

Room Tip: Request the pool side rooms for sure!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you very much for your generous review, and for noting the speed of the free internet access. The Boulder Inn’s primary clientele are visiting scientists from the University across the street and from the government labs that are under a mile away. These professional’s specialized work requires a very reliable high speed signal, and we are proud of what we are able to deliver. If you come to Boulder again, please feel free to contact me directly.