“Absolutely magnificent”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Arlington, Virginia
“Absolutely magnificent”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This little hotel was absolutely magnificent. The lobby was stunning, and the breakfast was out of this world. Perhaps the best part of the hotel was my room. A sparkling clean oasis after a hard day at work. The very large flat screen tv and marble countertops made me think I was in a fancy resort. Thank you Boulder Inn

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Hi Terri G,

Thank you for your kind words. We are the only hotel in Boulder with 40 inch flat screen television sets in every room. Four the enjoyment of our guests, we outfit them with 60 channels of HD. I’m glad that it brought you joy after a hard work day.

If your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel or my personal cel phone number is 303-506-9859.

Ari

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Douglas, Alaska
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My father and I tried to make a reservation here, based on so many good reviews. He is in a wheelchair, and according to the American Disabilities Act, this hotel should have accessible rooms.

When I called the hotel, the agent said they had no handicapped accessible rooms, whatsoever, stating that they had been "grandfathered" in many years ago.

I cannot figure out which is more reprehensible: not having ADA accessible rooms in this day and age, or hiding (out of sheer laziness and cost-cutting) behind an excuse of being "grandfathered" in.

Disgusting.

Hi AlaskaTraveler1972,

I’m sorry to feel your frustration. It is my desire for everyone who visits our fine city to have a exceptional experience. There are 24 hotels in Boulder, and a few are fully handicapped accessible. Please call me on my personal cel phone number, 303-506-9859, and I will happily evaluate your needs, and recommend one of them to you.

For those unfamiliar with ADA: All facilities, including hotels, motels, inns, and other places of lodging designed or constructed after January 26, 1993, must be accessible to and usable by persons with disabilities. Prior to making a lodging choice based upon specific needs, it is important to know and understand what each property has to offer.

Ari
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed here recently on business. The exterior and hallways suggested that the rooms might not be anything special, but that was not the case. My room (second floor) was quite large and very comfortable. Nice TV and channel selection. Nice, separate sink and mini fridge. Nice king bed and linens. Reasonably good soundproofing (except for the near constant noise from 36, outside). Heated outdoor pool in November(!). Breakfast buffet, and the room that contained it, were much appreciated. Staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating.

If there was an elevator, I did not find it. Not a big deal for me, but it could be for some.

All in all, this place seemed to be a great value. I would stay there again, next time in Boulder.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this review, 1 December 2014
Hi westernfb,

We took your feedback very seriously, and just installed an elevator. I would love to show it to you.

Please let me know the next time you come through Boulder. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel, on my personal cell phone number 303-506-9859, or via email at ari@boulderinn.com

Ari Rubin
Pennington, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I've been here at the BW Plus Boulder Inn for two weeks while my college-student son recovers from extensive foot surgery. I can't say enough about the lengths the staff will go to make certain that we are comfortable and happy. We were given a ground floor room with a sliding glass door so that's it very accessible to the parking lot. LOVE the giant flat screen tv and HBO and free wifi. REALLY LOVE the amazing breakfast buffet, but especially the warm and welcoming breakfast room with it's fireplace and view of the mountains beyond. Everyone there is helpful and kind and it's a lovely way to start your day. Ashley, at the front desk has been amazing! Among many other things, when we were bored one night we asked if they might have a dvd player so we could hit the local Redbox. She dug around and within an hour we had it installed in the room. Stephanie, at the front desk, has been a great friend, too, helping us with everything and even allowing my son to use the hotel microwave (in fact, she heated up his food and delivered it!). Malcolm helped us out by suggesting we look into weekly rates ( a great deal if you pay ahead of time!). As for housekeeping, Ashal has been a quiet, friendly presence, always at hand if we need something, respectful of the do-not-disturb sign and kind enough, (when we first arrived and couldn't travel well), to clean our room at late hours. In all my years of travel, I've not come across a more accommodating housekeeping staff. All in all, with it's location near the CU campus and lots of great take-out and grocery stores, it's an ideal place to stay. Oh, and when the weather is nice, which is almost always, there is a nice outdoor lounge near the pool where you can sit and enjoy the sunset while listening to the soft splash of decorative fountains.

Hutchinson
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed for 5 nights here and what stood out to me was that this hotel, even though not the most modern or highest scale hotel, was very clean and the staff worked hard to keep it clean and make the guests feel welcome. Our 2nd floor room had a nice view. Overall great experience, one down side was that the doors were not very sound proof, we could other guests talking, walking outside our door.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
austin, te
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This hotel is a nice place. The accommodations were good and the room had everything we needed. Very close to Williams Village. Breakfast was so-so. The new lobby was just being finished and it is very nice. I like the fireplace that is visible from the outside!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

boulder, co, United States
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The staff of the hotel did nothing when informed that a drunk interrupted my sleep by banging on the door at 5am. They also had no concern when they were informed that the "hot" breakfast was soggy and cold.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business