“Nice Place for Price in Boulder”

Best Western Plus Boulder Inn
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Good value. Decent hotel near CU Campus and other Boulder attractions. I especially liked access to Boulder Athletic Club. Great breakfast and fast WiFi! Potential for a little traffic noise but other than that, great. First time I stayed here but will likely stay again when I'm in Boulder. Probably really nice in summer.

1  Thank Michael W
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Hi Michael W,

Thank you for calling attention to our very fast WiFi. Because the bulk of our clientele are involved in either tech or academia, they demand our internet to be fast and reliable. We deliver.
If your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel, on my personal cell phone number 303-506-9859, or via email at ari@boulderinn.com

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Very convenient to the university which met our needs well. Staff very helpful, particularly Frank who took a real interest in our visit and gave us great advice with how to spend our time. Had a small maintenance issue with our room but this was addressed. Loved the breakfast, which included a good variety of choices in a comfortable room. Made use of the complimentary bikes too. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Had to stay at this hotel for 2 weeks on a business trip. Breakfast was very good and it wasn't always the same thing. Everything from fresh scrambled eggs and bacon to breakfast burritos. When you're staying someplace for that long you want to take advantage of the free breakfast. So to have a healthy variety is a nice change from other hotels. Staff was friendly and polite and the beds were very comfortable.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Quality service, rooms clean but could be updated. Hotel breakfast sufficient but could have a healthier selection. Basically bacon, eggs, potatoes, package oatmeal, apples, oranges, bananas. Coffee was excellent. Staff was extremely pleasant and accommodating. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Wonderful staff and clean quiet rooms. Will stay here again when I come to Boulder on business or pleasure. Convenient to CSU campus. Wish it had a fitness center but sauna and hot tub are available. Breakfast is reasonable and there is a cool latte machine (save yourself from spending $5 at starbucks).

1  Thank Bridget G
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Hi Bridget G,

Thank you for your kind words. It sounds as though you were visiting the University of Colorado, directly across the street. I’m glad you found it convenient for your needs.

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed our newly constructed private breakfast room. We opened the new Chautauqua room a few months ago, and guest feedback has been remarkable. In particular, guests seem to rave about the coffee machine that grinds fresh beans upon request. I must admit that I have been sneaking in and making myself fresh vanilla mochachinos. It is like having your own personal barista. As you mentioned, it can save you from spending $5 at Starbucks.

If your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel or my personal cel phone number is 303-506-9859.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Have been staying at this Best Western Plus near UC for several years now. Even though it is an older hotel, the owners and staff are clearly continuing to keep it up to date. They have added a new breakfast facility which replaces a rather cramped small room. The breakfast is first-rate. Rooms are getting a bit ragged, but are clean and comfortable. Definitely my go-to place for staying in Boulder.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Hi Jeff M,

It sounds as though you were visiting the University of Colorado, right across the street. I’m glad you enjoyed both the location, and the brand new private breakfast room. Thank you for calling attention to our continuous effort to enhance the property. We do all of this for you; the customer, and find your recognition unconditionally rewarding.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

The Best Western in Boulder, Colorado is a very comfortable hotel. The rooms are large and mine had a great view of the Flatirons. Once I figured out how to find the place, it was quite convenient although I did have to drive about any place I wanted to go. Since Boulder is a relatively small town, this isn't a problem.

Bed linens are nice, pillows are good and the room decor is nice. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The guys at the front desk gave me two terrific suggestions for dinner. The hotel offers breakfast and it is a cut above the usual thing. There was always fresh fruit, bagels, toast, pastries, scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausages, cereals, juice and coffee.

I will definitely stay here on my next trip to Boulder.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Hi laurgam,

Thank you for sharing your extraordinary experience with the Trip Advisor community. We are so happy that we exceeded your expectations.

I’m happy to hear that the staff gave you two terrific suggestions for dinner. I would love to hear which restaurants they recommended. Boulder was named the “Foodiest town in America” by Bon Appétit magazine. There are so many great places within walking distance of the hotel, and they keep building new ones all the time.