“Great room but but thin walls”

Best Western Plus Boulder Inn
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Pueblo, Colorado
“Great room but but thin walls”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed here when my husband had a workshop at CU Boulder. Check-in clerk was very hospitable. We found out from him about a free concert in the conference room given by participants in a banjo camp which we really enjoyed. Room was very nice with a comfortable bed. Very spacious. Shower gave good spray and bathroom had amenities such as toothbrush and toothpaste. We also had bathrobes and slippers which were used to walk to the spa. There was a keurig in the room for coffee which was nice for my husband, but I do not drink coffee and there was no tea or hot chocolate available. The guy at the front desk said they are looking into it. Walls, however must be very thin. We could hear every step above us at times sounding like a herd of elephants and shaking our room so we would recommend a send floor room (unless you cannot use stairs. There is no elevator). Early in the morning (around 6am) we were awaked by loud voices in the hall speaking a foreign language. It was the housekeeping staff. The breakfast room was in a separate building but has been recently renovated with very pleasant atmosphere as well as good variety of food. The breakfast attendant did his job but was not overly friendly.

Overall it was a good stay and we would return to this location. Price was high but that is normal for Boulder.

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor. Too much noise from people walking above you.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Hi Songbird865,

It sounds as though you were here visiting the University of Colorado. Because the university is directly across the street, we are a popular choice when visiting CU.

Thank you for your extensive review of our property. It is nice when people take the time and effort to truly document their experience for the Trip Advisor community. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of the robes, slippers, and Keurig coffee maker. I too enjoy utilizing some of the luxury items a hotel has to offer.

If your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel, on my personal cell phone number 303-506-9859, or via email at ari@boulderinn.com

Ari

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Douglasville, United States
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is a great hotel/motel for business travel. The breakfast is excellent, the room is nicely designed and comfortable. The staff is nice. I would not stay more than a few nights with family. The outside of the hotel is scary, It is an old hotel that has been upgraded and remodeled. The breakfast room is detached from the hotel itself in the conference room area. We had a special rate of 99$ per night which was perfect for the value we received. then it went to 150$ per night which was too much.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Hi Stephanie L,

Thank you for your wonderful comments on our new private breakfast room. The room itself was designed by a team of out of state high end interior designers. The 1200 square foot Chautauqua room boasts a 33 foot solid granite buffet, state of the art coffee machine offering over 60 different hot beverages, hand crafted gas fireplace, and (2) 60 inch plasma tvs. Your kind words are encouragement that we are on the right track.

The price of lodging in Boulder can fluctuate, depending on season and citywide events. I’m sorry to hear you perceived the price to be high. I empathize with you.

Minneapolis, United States
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Good value. Decent hotel near CU Campus and other Boulder attractions. I especially liked access to Boulder Athletic Club. Great breakfast and fast WiFi! Potential for a little traffic noise but other than that, great. First time I stayed here but will likely stay again when I'm in Boulder. Probably really nice in summer.

1 Thank Michael W
Hi Michael W,

Thank you for calling attention to our very fast WiFi. Because the bulk of our clientele are involved in either tech or academia, they demand our internet to be fast and reliable. We deliver.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Very convenient to the university which met our needs well. Staff very helpful, particularly Frank who took a real interest in our visit and gave us great advice with how to spend our time. Had a small maintenance issue with our room but this was addressed. Loved the breakfast, which included a good variety of choices in a comfortable room. Made use of the complimentary bikes too. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Boise, United States
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Had to stay at this hotel for 2 weeks on a business trip. Breakfast was very good and it wasn't always the same thing. Everything from fresh scrambled eggs and bacon to breakfast burritos. When you're staying someplace for that long you want to take advantage of the free breakfast. So to have a healthy variety is a nice change from other hotels. Staff was friendly and polite and the beds were very comfortable.

Louisville, United States
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Quality service, rooms clean but could be updated. Hotel breakfast sufficient but could have a healthier selection. Basically bacon, eggs, potatoes, package oatmeal, apples, oranges, bananas. Coffee was excellent. Staff was extremely pleasant and accommodating. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Boulder, CO, United States
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Wonderful staff and clean quiet rooms. Will stay here again when I come to Boulder on business or pleasure. Convenient to CSU campus. Wish it had a fitness center but sauna and hot tub are available. Breakfast is reasonable and there is a cool latte machine (save yourself from spending $5 at starbucks).

1 Thank Bridget G
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Hi Bridget G,

Thank you for your kind words. It sounds as though you were visiting the University of Colorado, directly across the street. I’m glad you found it convenient for your needs.

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed our newly constructed private breakfast room. We opened the new Chautauqua room a few months ago, and guest feedback has been remarkable. In particular, guests seem to rave about the coffee machine that grinds fresh beans upon request. I must admit that I have been sneaking in and making myself fresh vanilla mochachinos. It is like having your own personal barista. As you mentioned, it can save you from spending $5 at Starbucks.

If your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel or my personal cel phone number is 303-506-9859.