“Great rooms, great staff, great value”

Best Western Plus Boulder Inn
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel from Feb 27 to Mar 2 2014. We chose this place because we wanted to go to Eldora Mountain for a day of skiing, and this place (as well as a few others) had a VERY nice ski package available. It was about $170 for a room and that INCLUDED two lift tickets Eldora, which normally cost $80 each. Do the math. Amazing deal.

By the way, rent your ski geat from Crystal in Boulder and you will save another $20 per person compared to Eldora's rental rate.

The room was great. Very updated. Breakfast had a good variety and the quality was as good as any other free hotel breakfast. Hot tub and sauna were a nice bonus. Staff was VERY helpful with local information. They even talked us into a second day of skiing, and we were glad they did. Boulder is not very large, so anywhere you want to go is 5-10 minutes away.

We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Second floor is probably a little less noisy, witch a little better view of mountains.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Corpito
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Hi Corpito,

I am so glad that you were able to take advantage of the ski escape package. At only 20 miles away, it is easy to experience our large free breakfast, and then drive up to Eldora for a day of great skiing. A visit to our 20 person hot tub is a great finish to the day.

We recently finished a million dollar remodel. Thank you for calling attention to all of the work we have done. Your feedback brings validation to our efforts.

If your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel, on my personal cell phone number 303-506-9859, or via email at ari@boulderinn.com

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I love staying in the Best Western Plus Boulder Inn. My husband has also stayed in the hotel with me on previous occasions. The Boulder Inn is located within a few blocks of my daughter. (She is a student at Colorado University.) The rooms are spotless and nicely decorated with comfortable beds. The staff are always friendly and helpful. Malcolm and Stephanie at the front desk are wonderful examples of all the staff. The two were particularly helpful this evening. All the rooms on the first floor have a small patio and the second floor rooms have a small balcony. These areas are faced by are large enough to easily accommodate a couple chairs and a table. The patios and balconies are faced with a ten foot length of patio doors. When the weather is nice it is great to sit outdoors. The west facing rooms have a nice view of the mountains.

Room Tip: All the rooms have been quiet. I prefer the first floor because there is no elevator and stairs can...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Hi sandra I,

On a nightly average, 42% of our guests are returning. Our ability to grow, and flourish has been a direct result of your loyalty, and we are completely humbled. Thank you.

It was kind of you to call attention to both our cleanliness and our helpful staff. We are lucky to have people like Malcolm and Stephanie greeting and interacting with our guests. I’m glad that you were able to sit out at the end of your day, and watch the sun go down over the mountains. I have lived here for 15 years, and I still can’t get enough of that sight.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Well this hotel is not bad but not great either. Rather pricey considering that it is an older hotel. It was clean and the check in/out service was good. My biggest complaint is with the ventilation system that doesn't allow much in the way of letting me set the temp that is comfortable to me. I like it cooler in the room at night. That won't happen here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Hi Topekachef,

Thank you for noting our cleanliness. Although we are held to extremely high cleanliness standards by both Best Western International and AAA, the absolute highest standards are those set by our guests. I’m glad to hear that we are exceeding those standards. Thank you for your helpful comments, and taking the time to review the Boulder Inn.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Due to storms in the east I was stuck in Boulder for longer than expected. Staff was accommodating and helpful in extending our stay. Ryan was also extremely helpful. Location was great- easy to get to Pearl Street and 29th street mall. All staff was great giving directions. Great views of the flatirons as well!

Hi Jeanette K

If you have to be stuck somewhere because of weather, Boulder is a pretty good pick. Great dining, fabulous shopping, and top rate entertainment. I hope you were able to view the Flatirons after a light snow, when it looks like a pastry chef has dusted the mountains with powdered sugar. It is a breathtaking site for anyone that has experienced it. Thank you for your kind words about the staff and hotel. We are very appreciative.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have to say I was a little incredulous when seeing the rave reviews here on TripAdvisor and on Yelp for the Best Western PLUS Boulder Inn. Boy were they right. The hotel is in great shape. The lobby is clean and welcoming, staff always on hand, the room itself was nicer than some Marriott's I've been in. Also, free high speed wifi and breakfast! The complimentary breakfast is not your run of the mill sad hotel breakfast. There were things like eggs (free range organic!), bacon, a waffle iron, baked goods from a nearby bakery, cereal, etc. Just remember to bring your key card to get into the room its' in. Prime location right off of US-36, by the University, NOAA, downtown Boulder... What better could you ask for? TL;DR- Believe the reviews. This place is great. I will definitely come here again if I have the chance, without hesitation.

Hi Andre S,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience with everyone. Every day, our main goal is to exceed expectations. When we hear that we have done so, it is extremely rewarding. I posted your review on the staff bulletin board.

I’m glad that our breakfast made such an impression. You are absolutely correct; most hotels give you a stale bagel and a glass of orange juice, and call it “continental breakfast”. I have been the casualty of this type of marketing in the past. Our complimentary hot breakfast includes scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, juices, 3 cereals, English muffins, fresh local Bagels, doughnuts, yogurt, assorted fresh fruit, coffee, and Belgian waffles. Again, we continually strive to exceed expectations.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

This hotel is amazing, great price, amazing staff, awesome breakfast included and, especially, great great deal for ski lift tickets to Eldora Ski Station. Every year I go snowboarding in Boulder and since the last 7 years I have been staying in this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Irene G,

On a typical evening, 42% of our hotel is filled with repeat business. This is more than double the national average. We are so very appreciative of your repeat business. We could not be where we are without you.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

The best part of our stay here was the friendly helpful staff. Everyone we met from the front desk to housekeeping was really pleasant and did everything they could to make sure we had everything we needed for a nice stay. We were especially impressed with Ashley and Malcolm at the front desk and Warren in the breakfast room. The breakfast room was run very efficiently and Warren's delightful sense of humor got our day off to a great start each day. The staff definitely makes it worth staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 2nd floor far south end get a great view of the flat iron mountains and have a nice...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family