“Great location, updated facilities, friendly staff”

Best Western Plus Boulder Inn
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel because of its location since it was just down the road from where our daughter lives. The price was higher than other options but the convenience was worth it. It did happen to be Spring break week which could have affected the price. The hotel is not new but they have done an excellent job of updating it. The beds are comfy the view of the Flatirons was beautiful and the small patio for each room was nice. My husband loved the Keurig Coffee pot we had in our room. The free breakfast was a typical hotel breakfast but I appreciated the selection and variety. We would stay here again. The only complaint we had is the push button lock on the rear entry door. It was very frustrating to operate and didn't always work. That could use an update.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Former_Expat_VS
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Hi Former_Expat_VS,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with this community. Our goal is to “over deliver” on every aspect of your stay. It sounds as though we have succeeded. The mattress we utilize is the Simmons Felicity 650 pillow top, a luxury line normally reserved for resort properties. Also, I’m very glad that your husband enjoyed the Keurig amenity. It is a favorite among those who travel frequently.

If your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel, on my personal cell phone number 303-506-9859, or via email at ari@boulderinn.com

Reviewed 23 March 2014

The room is cheap: great value for money. The location is convenient to go to ski to Eldora (a nice, convenient, and underrated ski resort) and is not far from downtown Boulder/university. The hotel offers a decent breakfast. The rooms are not big and, for our stay, not clean. There is a hot tub but when we went there it was very dirty.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi Benedetto M,

I’m glad that you found our hotel a convenient location for your needs. Because we are directly across from the University of Colorado, many of our guests are visiting professors or scientists. It sounds as though you visited Eldora Ski Resort. We are very lucky to experience a town so full of culture and restaurants, with a ski mountain only 20 minutes away.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Convenient location for our visit to campus (easy walk). Helpful staff, breakfast was tasty and plentiful. Bikes available too at no cost. Room was clean and hallways quiet. As far as hotels go, this one was as expected and a good value for family travel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi Shirley C,

It sounds as though you walked on to the University of Colorado campus, which is only 72 feet from the hotel. CU recently made it on to Travel and Leisure magazine’s “America's Most Beautiful College Campuses”. The magazine describes “….combines sweeping views of the snowcapped Rocky Mountains and Flatirons, a gorgeous natural setting that includes a serene lake and two creeks, and ruggedly beautiful buildings to match.” It is an incredible campus to explore on foot, or by using one of our free bikes.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This Best Western is a little more on the upper level of all the hotels we stayed at. Very clean, newly decorated in an oriental theme, quiet serene rooms, a large hotel, but was easy for us to find in Boulder. It was also easy to find our way out of Boulder to head west through the mountains. Breakfast was included here and was pretty good, for basic breakfast food offerings.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi BabycakesHD,

Thank you for calling attention to what we are really trying to achieve at the Boulder Inn: An upscale experience. Upon entering into the hotel, a guest may notice the subtle scent of calming white tea. Our bedding is a mattress line that is normally only found in posh resorts. Our televisions are larger than those found at the most expensive hotel in Boulder, and the walls of our rooms are adorned with handpicked photographic prints from an up and coming local artisan. Everything we do is an attempt to “over deliver” on expectations, and enhance your experience.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Ashley, Stephanie and Malcolm were very friendly and helpful!!! Really enjoyed my stay and anytime I travel to boulder will do my best to stay here!!! Rooms are always very clean and all the staff are friendly and helpful!!

• Stayed: March 2014

Hi Lightwatch14,

I made sure to let Ashley, Stephanie and Malcolm know that you had applauded their efforts in your review. That was extremely kind of you. We very much understand that bricks and mortar do not make a business; it is the employees that breathe life into it. I’m thankful that you value how informative and helpful they can be.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel from Feb 27 to Mar 2 2014. We chose this place because we wanted to go to Eldora Mountain for a day of skiing, and this place (as well as a few others) had a VERY nice ski package available. It was about $170 for a room and that INCLUDED two lift tickets Eldora, which normally cost $80 each. Do the math. Amazing deal.

By the way, rent your ski geat from Crystal in Boulder and you will save another $20 per person compared to Eldora's rental rate.

The room was great. Very updated. Breakfast had a good variety and the quality was as good as any other free hotel breakfast. Hot tub and sauna were a nice bonus. Staff was VERY helpful with local information. They even talked us into a second day of skiing, and we were glad they did. Boulder is not very large, so anywhere you want to go is 5-10 minutes away.

We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Second floor is probably a little less noisy, witch a little better view of mountains.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Corpito

Hi Corpito,

I am so glad that you were able to take advantage of the ski escape package. At only 20 miles away, it is easy to experience our large free breakfast, and then drive up to Eldora for a day of great skiing. A visit to our 20 person hot tub is a great finish to the day.

We recently finished a million dollar remodel. Thank you for calling attention to all of the work we have done. Your feedback brings validation to our efforts.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I love staying in the Best Western Plus Boulder Inn. My husband has also stayed in the hotel with me on previous occasions. The Boulder Inn is located within a few blocks of my daughter. (She is a student at Colorado University.) The rooms are spotless and nicely decorated with comfortable beds. The staff are always friendly and helpful. Malcolm and Stephanie at the front desk are wonderful examples of all the staff. The two were particularly helpful this evening. All the rooms on the first floor have a small patio and the second floor rooms have a small balcony. These areas are faced by are large enough to easily accommodate a couple chairs and a table. The patios and balconies are faced with a ten foot length of patio doors. When the weather is nice it is great to sit outdoors. The west facing rooms have a nice view of the mountains.

Room Tip: All the rooms have been quiet. I prefer the first floor because there is no elevator and stairs can...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Hi sandra I,

On a nightly average, 42% of our guests are returning. Our ability to grow, and flourish has been a direct result of your loyalty, and we are completely humbled. Thank you.

It was kind of you to call attention to both our cleanliness and our helpful staff. We are lucky to have people like Malcolm and Stephanie greeting and interacting with our guests. I’m glad that you were able to sit out at the end of your day, and watch the sun go down over the mountains. I have lived here for 15 years, and I still can’t get enough of that sight.