“Great place to stay”

Best Western Plus Boulder Inn
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This place is very accommodating, very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are nice, internet is fast and easy to access, and they are prompt with room service. Very respectful, there is a pool that is very clean, each room has a balcony, first floor has an open patio, all with doors leading outside. The rooms are roomy, plenty of space. Perfect for solo trips or if you're traveling with somebody.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Scott G
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Hi Scott G,

Thank you for your kind words, and for noticing the fast and easy to access internet. We recently doubled the speed of our internet. I am a fairly easy hotel guest, but one of my pet peeves is slow internet. It is my belief that a hotel should provide a guest with a speed equal to, or faster than they get at home. This is one of our goals at the Boulder Inn, and it sounds as though we have achieved it. Thanks for noticing.

If your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel, on my personal cell phone number 303-506-9859, or via email at ari@boulderinn.com

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We spent four nights at this hotel while we were in town performing at the Dairy Center for the Arts. This location was convenient and comfortable. Great breakfasts. A little challenging to find initially, but other than that, a great stay!

Hi Patricia N,

I hope that your performance at the Dairy Center for the Arts went well. The center is a great asset to the city, and I encourage people to explore the programs they have to offer.

I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, especially the breakfast. It is irresponsible when a hotel considers breakfast a glass of orange juice and a bagel. Our complimentary hot breakfast includes scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, juices, 3 cereals, English muffins, Moes Bagels, doughnuts, yogurt, assorted fresh fruit, coffee, and Belgian waffles.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I was blown away with the consistant great service. Everyon I spoke with was genuinely interested in helping. I'm not usually an easy guest but they made it hard to not be happy. The pool was a great surprise. It was unusally warm for an Easter weekend and the pool was open and heated to 85 degrees.

Hi 952darrellb,

I’m glad that we were able to over deliver on our service. We have an extensive training program for all of our employees, but more importantly; we hire great people. We can buy luxury bedding and 40 inch television sets for all of our rooms, but without stellar employees, we cannot compete.

I’m glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of the pool area. The pool has a depth of 9 feet, and is heated to 85 degrees at all times. The gurgling fountains surrounding the pool area create a quiet oasis. It is a great place to sit back and watch the sun go down behind the mountains.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My son and I visited UColorado and chose Best Western because of its proximity to campus. It really is an easy walk to campus, But walking to other things like shopping is not really an option. The rooms were clean and quiet and the beds were comfortable. The hotel is right next to a highway but we did not hear the cars at all. The breakfast was average buffet style fare. No complaints but you will be driving to dinner and shops.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Hi Stephen D,

I’m glad to hear that you found that having the University of Colorado directly across the street was convenient. Many of our guests enjoy easy walking distance to CU, NOAA, and NIST. Thank you for commenting on our cleanliness. It is a subject we take very seriously.

I hope the next time you are here; you have a chance to visit one of the 15 restaurants that surround the hotel. Carelli’s is a local favorite for Italian food, May Wah for Chinese, and The World Famous Dark Horse has been a Boulder institution since 1975. I personally love the new Mexican restaurant Café Mexicali. I recommend their fresh tortillas and creamy habanero sauce.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Very friendly and cheerful staff, always willing to help. They have upgraded the hotel (and prices) and have done a nice job. Work is continuing to upgrade the exterior to look less like a 1970's motel. We have been staying here every year for the past 8 and look forward to returning next year when we attend the CWA.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Hi Mike O,

The Conference on World Affairs is a revered world class treasure; free to all who attend. I’m glad that you were able to participate in CWA, which takes place directly across the street at The University of Colorado. We very much understand that repeat business is the cause for our success, and we are so very grateful for your continued patronage over the years.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Despite some mixed reviews I decided to stay at Best Western Plus for my five-day biz trip to Boulder. And I was delighted to have done so.

What made my stay wonderful was the caliber of the staff and their dedication to creating a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Friendly greetings came from everyone there: front desk, housekeeping, breakfast room.

The most noteworthy event occurred on my last morning...several inches of snow fell during the night, and when I walked out to my car in the morning, every windshield on every car was swept and scraped. Little gestures like this make all the difference for me.

The rooms are comfortable and clean. The breakfast is a typical, unimpressive buffet, with a modicum of variety.

To be clear, on its face, there is nothing special about the hotel itself, it's the staff that make the difference.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BLmac

Hi BLmac,

Mahatma Gandhi once said, “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” We are so pleased that you not only experienced and acknowledged our service, but that it exceeded your expectations.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Great, comfortable bed and lovely room. Not much noise from outside hall. Breakfast choice was great and the man who ran the breakfast was one of the kindest and most polite staff members I've encountered in a long time. He greeted everyone who entered and thanked everyone who left. The pool was closed for the season, but I did enjoy the comfort of my room and the breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Hi Marlayna67,

Thank you for sharing your impressive experience with the Trip Advisor community. We are so glad that you found everything fantastic. The gentleman in the breakfast room is Warren. He loves customer service, and has chosen to make hospitality a key aspect in his life. I will pass on to him your kind words.