“Second Stay and Third Will Be the Charm”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Fair Lawn, United States
“Second Stay and Third Will Be the Charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel in Boulder and would not go anywhere else. Convenient to everything. Don't judge this hotel by the outside; the rooms are clean and well appointed. New hotel lobby is tastefully decorated and a nice place to read the news, plan your day, or use their large screen computers. Daily breakfast is included in the large, clean, comfy dining room adjacent to hotel. We are early risers and the food was always ready. Wait staff is friendly and do not rush you out of there. The only drawback to this hotel is that it does not have an elevator. If you have heavy or a lot of luggage, ask for a room on the first floor. Flat iron views from balcony. Looking forward to our third visit in six weeks!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BoulderInn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Hi Sharon C,

On average, forty two percent of our visitors are repeat guests. We are fully cognizant that this is the root of our success. We are so grateful to you, and all the others who support our hotel. I cannot stress enough that we are also completely humbled by your loyalty. On behalf of all of the staff; thank you.

I’m glad that you enjoyed the new lobby, which was completed a few months ago. A team of award winning designers worked for over a year to create an inspired space, designed to take advantage of the hotel’s solar power.

If your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel, on my personal cell phone number 303-506-9859, or via email at ari@boulderinn.com

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We were in Boulder for a 20th anniversary party and the staff took very good care of us. The beds and bedding are so comfortable and appealing. The new lobby is welcoming and very upscale. The new breakfast room provides a delicious complimentary breakfast with a lovely variety of cereal, eggs, fruit, waffles and much more. Thanks you for a great stay every time!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Chick B,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with the Trip Advisor community, and thank you for noticing all of our recent enhancements to the property.

We recently completed both a new lobby, and private breakfast room. The lobby was designed to be an elegant place to meet with others, or warm one’s self by the fire, while watching the sun go down behind the mountains. The private breakfast room has received rave reviews. The 1200 square foot Chautauqua room boasts a 33 foot solid granite buffet, state of the art coffee machine offering over 60 different hot beverages, hand crafted gas fireplace, and (2) 60 inch plasma tvs.

CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just returned from a 4 night stay at the Best Western. My 25 year old daughter and I were visiting my son and his girlfriend who live in Boulder. While I would love to stay at the St. Julien, our visit to Boulder was about being outdoors so it wasn't necessary to spend that kind of money to sleep. While it would be nice to walk out to Pearl Street, we found the Best Western convenient to everything. Right off the highway, so easy access to Denver. It took only about 5 minutes to Pearl Street, easy access to Foothills Parkway and everywhere else we needed to get to. We had a room on the 2nd floor (240) with a mountain view. I called the hotel directly about two weeks prior to our visit and made the request, which they nicely accommodated. We had 2 queen beds and found the room spacious enough for our needs. We didn't use the pool, hot tub or fitness center but all looked nice and clean. Although daily breakfast was included in the room rate we only ate there once. There was a nice variety of hot and cold items. All of the staff we encountered were extremely friendly and helpful. I wish I had gotten their names. One of the men at the front desk gave us an outstanding suggestion for breakfast (Parkway Cafe - locals place, off the beaten path). We had booked a microbrewery package which included a voucher to be used at breweries, local restaurants etc but it wasn't ready when we checked in. We were told it would be ready in about 10 minutes and they would deliver it to our room. Well, it took 20 minutes (we didn't care at all!), but the staff member was so apologetic about the delay and he even gave us a $25 gift card to be used at a few local restaurants as a thank you for waiting. The staff at the Best Western proves that you don't have to pay $300 per night for outstanding customer service. We will return to the Best Western for our next stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank skiskirt
Hi skiskirt,

Thank you for your extensive review of our hotel. We are very appreciative that you took so much time and effort giving such a full picture of your experience, and what we have to offer.

The front desk staff spends a great deal of time every morning attempting to accommodate each and every request for arriving guests. I’m happy to hear that we were able to get you into the exact room you wanted. Thank you for your compassionate words on the staff. We understand that they are the backbone of the hotel, and without them, it is just a building.

Glendive, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

This place is very accommodating, very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are nice, internet is fast and easy to access, and they are prompt with room service. Very respectful, there is a pool that is very clean, each room has a balcony, first floor has an open patio, all with doors leading outside. The rooms are roomy, plenty of space. Perfect for solo trips or if you're traveling with somebody.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Scott G
Hi Scott G,

Thank you for your kind words, and for noticing the fast and easy to access internet. We recently doubled the speed of our internet. I am a fairly easy hotel guest, but one of my pet peeves is slow internet. It is my belief that a hotel should provide a guest with a speed equal to, or faster than they get at home. This is one of our goals at the Boulder Inn, and it sounds as though we have achieved it. Thanks for noticing.

Boulder, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We spent four nights at this hotel while we were in town performing at the Dairy Center for the Arts. This location was convenient and comfortable. Great breakfasts. A little challenging to find initially, but other than that, a great stay!

Hi Patricia N,

I hope that your performance at the Dairy Center for the Arts went well. The center is a great asset to the city, and I encourage people to explore the programs they have to offer.

I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, especially the breakfast. It is irresponsible when a hotel considers breakfast a glass of orange juice and a bagel. Our complimentary hot breakfast includes scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, juices, 3 cereals, English muffins, Moes Bagels, doughnuts, yogurt, assorted fresh fruit, coffee, and Belgian waffles.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I was blown away with the consistant great service. Everyon I spoke with was genuinely interested in helping. I'm not usually an easy guest but they made it hard to not be happy. The pool was a great surprise. It was unusally warm for an Easter weekend and the pool was open and heated to 85 degrees.

Hi 952darrellb,

I’m glad that we were able to over deliver on our service. We have an extensive training program for all of our employees, but more importantly; we hire great people. We can buy luxury bedding and 40 inch television sets for all of our rooms, but without stellar employees, we cannot compete.

I’m glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of the pool area. The pool has a depth of 9 feet, and is heated to 85 degrees at all times. The gurgling fountains surrounding the pool area create a quiet oasis. It is a great place to sit back and watch the sun go down behind the mountains.

Boston, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

My son and I visited UColorado and chose Best Western because of its proximity to campus. It really is an easy walk to campus, But walking to other things like shopping is not really an option. The rooms were clean and quiet and the beds were comfortable. The hotel is right next to a highway but we did not hear the cars at all. The breakfast was average buffet style fare. No complaints but you will be driving to dinner and shops.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BoulderInn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Hi Stephen D,

I’m glad to hear that you found that having the University of Colorado directly across the street was convenient. Many of our guests enjoy easy walking distance to CU, NOAA, and NIST. Thank you for commenting on our cleanliness. It is a subject we take very seriously.

I hope the next time you are here; you have a chance to visit one of the 15 restaurants that surround the hotel. Carelli’s is a local favorite for Italian food, May Wah for Chinese, and The World Famous Dark Horse has been a Boulder institution since 1975. I personally love the new Mexican restaurant Café Mexicali. I recommend their fresh tortillas and creamy habanero sauce.