“Love this hotel!”

Best Western Plus Boulder Inn
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 11 July 2014

While this hotel shows its age, they are constantly striving to improve the aesthetics and the staff is always great at taking care of our softball team when we arrive each year. The new lobby looks great and they've added a fitness room. The rooms are always clean, the staff is willing to help with every request and are always friendly. Ari takes care of room requests every year and we always look forward to our stay there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Hi JerseyInferno,

Thank you for your generous review, and your business throughout the years. We always enjoy hosting your team, and you are great to work with. Also, thank you for sharing your positive feelings with the Trip Advisor community. That is very kind of you.

I’ll be contacting you soon about hosting your team next summer.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was a wonderful hotel. I work in the housekeeping field so I am a little critical of cleaning but the front desk staff was fantastic, gave us a great room, called when it was ready and it was perfect. The pool was wonderful, we were visiting with our family and grand kids and the pool and hot tub were a great size. We have stayed at less costly Best Westerns and really did not feel the extra cost of $189 a night, with AAA discount was worth it. Plus the housekeeping service did not allow us to reuse our towels as the card stated and did not vacuum our carpet. The breakfast was OK but a lot of microwave items that we could of bought and heated in our room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hi Margaret C,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience on Trip Advisor. It is a bonus compliment to have someone in the housekeeping field mention how clean our hotel is. I would have liked to meet you and discuss what we can do better. A room can never be too clean.

If your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel, on my personal cell phone number 303-506-9859, or via email at ari@boulderinn.com

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed at the property over the 4th of July holiday for two yrs in a row and hope to make it a third next yr. We had stayed in a 2nd floor room facing the flatirons a yr ago and we requested the same room this yr. The Asst GM (Ryan Schwede) got back to me right away and stated that he hoped to fulfill this request. Upon arrival we were greeted by Ryan, he got us in the room and there was even a welcome basket waiting for us. Great service, great location, great breakfast and you cannot beat free wifi and bike usage.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
BoulderInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Hi Tony G,

We are very pleased that you have chosen our hotel for the past two years. Our bike program is our highest rated amenity at the hotel; it is a fantastic way to see Boulder. It was a pleasure to meet you upon arrival. The best part of my drive every day into Boulder is seeing the Flatirons, I can see why guests would want to wake up to them every morning.

We look forward to seeing you again next year! Please feel free to contact me regarding any future reservations. I can be reached at the hotel or on my personal cell phone number 303.506.9909.

Regards,
Ryan Schwede
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Our third visit to Boulder, and Best Western proved again to be a wonderful respite to our hectic week. Room was clean, comfortable bed, cold refrig. Breakfast room has plenty of elbow room, large screen TVs, and a variety of foods to keep one happy. We are early risers, so the 6:30 am opening was perfect. Staff does not rush you, so you can take your time to plan your day. The lobby was recently renovated and is very pretty. The only drawback to the hotel is that it does not have an elevator. So, if you can't do steps or have a lot of luggage, ask for the first floor. They will be happy to accommodate you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hi Sharon C,

Thank you so much for both your continued patronage, and your positive review.
I’m glad to hear that we continue to exceed your expectations.

At one time in the hotel’s history, the breakfast room was small. We listened to guest feedback, and recently built a 1200 square foot private dining room with a 33 foot solid granite buffet.

At one time in the hotel’s history, the lobby was small. We listened to guest feedback, and recently built a large, modern lobby.

At one time in the hotel’s history, we had no elevator. We listened to feedback like yours, and we are having an elevator installed at the end of August.

When your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel, on my personal cell phone number 303-506-9859, or via email at ari@boulderinn.com

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Staying for a week with family for softball tournament. Desk staff very helpful, but the heavy GM or part owner or whoever the guy that comes in during the day is, has the worst customer service ever. I asked a question about the bike rentals to a front desk of three staff and him. He was vague and rude with answers and kept trying to talk over me. The staff apologized later. Now they are telling me that my daughter can't use the lobby computer because she's not 16, even with me sitting near her and no one else needing to use it. The computer has administrative password protection to prevent downloads or changes to setting so there is no way a common user could damage the hardware. In this day and age of computer use, kindergardeners have more experience than most adults. My daughter is 8 and well versed on point and click. We are here for over a week and it is ridiculous that a privately owned Best Western is being so unaccommodating.

• Stayed: July 2014
BoulderInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear sitabrooke,

Every year, for the last 18 years, we look forward to the July 4th high school girls softball tournament. For several years we have happily hosted your San Diego Bat Busters team and hope to be able to do so in the future.

I apologize if I seemed vague or rude when answering your questions. I was explaining to some of your team members that it would be legally necessary to have someone who is 18 or older to sign the waiver that allows them to borrow our bikes. Our complimentary bike program is a very popular amenity but it does require us to have a parent or legal guardian to be responsible for signing the waiver for anyone under 18. I was attempting to field your question while finishing my explanation of the policy to them. In hindsight I should have finished with the explanation before recognizing your question.

Our Business Center Policy requires all users to be over 18. For many reasons this is a hospitality standard. Our computers have protections for misuse but that does not include parental controls. Every parent has the right to set controls for their child’s use. These computers do not have these controls. There are many legitimate business functions that are not doable with even the most minimal parental control settings.

Steven Wallace

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I was in Boulder for 4 nights for a conference. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and friendly throughout the whole stay. We got to the hotel early and there were no rooms available at that time, but within an hour (and still 3 hours before check-in time) they had a room for us. Breakfast each morning was a plus. The location of the hotel was about 2 miles from downtown and a mile from a few breweries but the city is very walkable via the Boulder walking path or by walking through the CU Boulder Campus. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay and I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Hi Robert Z,

I believe you were attending a conference at the University of Colorado, directly across the street. Because of our location, conferences at CU, NOAA, and NIST frequently utilize us as the lodging choice for their attendees. Thank you for your kind words about the staff and the accommodations.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Really enjoyed The Boulder Best Western Plus. Very comfortable rooms, but most outstanding was the attitude of the staff. Extremely helpful and accommodating. The morning breakfast was good and changed every day. The free bikes were a bonus and fun to ride on the bike trail.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple