“Great experience!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I just got married in Boulder and we reserved a block of rooms at the Boulder Inn for our guests. Compared to all of the other hotels that I contacted in the area, the Boulder Inn immediately gave the best service. With other hotels, I was constantly waiting on information and/or for people to call me back and the Boulder Inn was always timely in their responses and very helpful in answering all of my questions. Once we got to the hotel for the wedding, the staff was extremely friendly, accommodating, and helpful. I was really impressed with how much time they were willing to spend helping me and how much they went above and beyond to make sure that all of my guests were comfortable and taken care of. I put together bags for each guest to receive on their arrival and the staff made sure to hand deliver them to each room. Overall, I was extremely happy that we picked the Boulder Inn for our wedding weekend and am not sure they could have done a better job! Whenever we go back to Boulder, we will definitely be staying there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicole H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This older hotel has been updated and is centrally located. Room, lobby and breakfast were clean and staff was accommodating and attentive. When I complained about the soft, lumpy mattress, I was offered a reduction in room rate. Their breakfast selection has exceptional, including fresh (not canned or frozen) blueberries, blackberries and strawberries, and bacon, sausage, eggs and potatoes that were not swimming in grease. I was impressed with their environmentally friendly features, from the toilet in the room to the "plastic" cups made from corn. Availability of bicycles for guests' use was since touch. Only reason I didn't rate hotel higher was the obvious age of the facility.

Green Features: Excellent focus on environmentally friendly features.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hi Liz M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m glad that you noticed some of our many environmentally friendly policies. The Boulder Inn is the most solar powered hotel in Boulder County. Our solar panels create 28,694 kWh of electricity production annually, and provide approximately 25% electrical needs. We also give all of our employees a complimentary eco-pass, encouraging them to utilize the excellent mass transportation Boulder has to offer.

If your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel, on my personal cell phone number 303-506-9859, or via email at ari@boulderinn.com

Lewiston, Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

1.Do not stay at this hotel in the hot summer months, the air conditioning is totally inadequate. 2. All the members of our party had the same complaint. 3.The rooms were not properly cleaned. 4. The staff did not help with transportation needs.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank johnhT1993HS
Hi johnhT1993HS,

After your group checked out, the staff commented that the Slusser Huffman Wedding was by far, one of the friendliest groups of the year. I had a chance to personally meet with many of the attendees, and not one person mentioned the challenges you experienced. Rather, they remarked on how happy they were with the hotel.

It is frustrating for me to read about someone's perceived challenges after they check out. People like myself take jobs in the hospitality industry because we are people that want to help. My hope is that in the future, you will learn to express your dissatisfaction during your stay, giving staff a chance to help make things better.

Ari

Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel is right off the highway and close to Downtown for dining and shops. We were able to walk along Boulder Creek from hotel and breakfast included is a big plus. Hotel staff was very friendly especially Malcom who gave us restaurant suggestions. Pool was clean and hot tub also was great. I would definitely go back again if traveling to the area. We drove about an hour to Rocky Mtn National Park.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mojitomary
Hi mojitomary,

Thank you for being such a positive person. It sounds like you were here to take advantage of everything our great city has to offer, and you did it well. I love to walk along Boulder Creek, and I am so happy that you were able to share that experience. Guests occasionally take our free bikes, and ride the path all the way into the mountains. I’m also thrilled to hear that you took the trip to Rocky Mountain National Park. Trail Ridge Road, the highest paved road in North America, is one of my favorite places on earth. At only one hour from the front door of our hotel, it is a shame not to go.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

To Whom it May Concern,

I would like to bring to your atttention the high level of service your front desk staff provides. I could not connect to the wifi and your colleagues, Malcom Dean, Jeff and Diana were exceptionally helpful.

As a former employee with over two decades in the luxury hotel industry I would not hesitate to recommend all three as stellar examples of "going above and beyond".

Please do acknowledge these individuals on my behalf.

Best regards,

Patrick Vaughn

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Patrick V
Hi Patrick V,

I am so glad that these staff members were able to help you. I shared your review with all three of them, and they were ecstatic. The fact that you have over two decades in the luxury hotel industry makes the compliment that much greater.

California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Boulder Inn as part of a wedding party. The hotel is older but well kept up. It was very clean. I didn't think the beds were that comfortable and I didn't like all the little pillows instead of a couple of big pillows. It was a nice weekend and the pool area was busy all day. There is a breakfast buffet everyday that was pretty good - cereals, some fruits, make your own waffles, juices, coffees, some bagels and pastries, and three hot dishes like eggs, potatoes, a meat. Our last day, the maids started knocking on our door at 8:00am finding out when we were leaving.....and they came back every 45 minutes to an hour.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hi DonandMaro,

There are 24 hotels in Boulder. Most do not offer complimentary hot breakfast. It is my belief that if a hotel is going to offer breakfast, it should be extensive. Our goal is to serve the best complimentary breakfast in town. I am so glad that you experienced our new 1200 square foot private breakfast room with all of the different foods it has to offer. Thank you for sharing your positive experience on Trip Advisor.

yucca valley, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Staff was very helpful why do we need to be that wordy? The hotel was adequate and maintained in a manner one should expect when traveling. the breakfast was good, waffles, eggs, toast, potatoes, breakfast meat, fruit, beverages, the bananas were green every day I was there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo