“Great stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Tucson, Arizona
“Great stay”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the boulder inn both in June & July for my daughter's wedding. Everyone at the front desk was super helpful & accommodating, the rooms were clean & comfy, & the breakfast had a good variety. Preferred the 2nd floor room on my second visit, as the 1st floor room had a very heavy-footed group above. Free wi-fi was also a plus. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Annie S
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Hi Annie S,

We host over 200 groups a year. Many are government, academic, sports, and family related. Every once in a while, one of them really stands out. Your wedding party was one of the nicest groups we have had. Our staff commented after you left on how wonderful you all were. Thank you for being great.

Please let me know the next time you come through Boulder. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel, on my personal cell phone number 303-506-9859, or via email at ari@boulderinn.com

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed one night at this hotel as part of a wedding party. All the staff was extremely helpful in providing advice to out-of-town guests on where to eat and things to do. The hotel was in a great location for going to Pearl St and the wedding venue. The breakfast was also very excellent.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Callie S
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
Hi Cynthia L,

How lucky you are to be traveling across America during the summer. I’m glad that you had a chance to see Boulder. Summer is a great time of the year to be here. Thank you for your positive comments, and your glowing review.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I just got married in Boulder and we reserved a block of rooms at the Boulder Inn for our guests. Compared to all of the other hotels that I contacted in the area, the Boulder Inn immediately gave the best service. With other hotels, I was constantly waiting on information and/or for people to call me back and the Boulder Inn was always timely in their responses and very helpful in answering all of my questions. Once we got to the hotel for the wedding, the staff was extremely friendly, accommodating, and helpful. I was really impressed with how much time they were willing to spend helping me and how much they went above and beyond to make sure that all of my guests were comfortable and taken care of. I put together bags for each guest to receive on their arrival and the staff made sure to hand deliver them to each room. Overall, I was extremely happy that we picked the Boulder Inn for our wedding weekend and am not sure they could have done a better job! Whenever we go back to Boulder, we will definitely be staying there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicole H
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This older hotel has been updated and is centrally located. Room, lobby and breakfast were clean and staff was accommodating and attentive. When I complained about the soft, lumpy mattress, I was offered a reduction in room rate. Their breakfast selection has exceptional, including fresh (not canned or frozen) blueberries, blackberries and strawberries, and bacon, sausage, eggs and potatoes that were not swimming in grease. I was impressed with their environmentally friendly features, from the toilet in the room to the "plastic" cups made from corn. Availability of bicycles for guests' use was since touch. Only reason I didn't rate hotel higher was the obvious age of the facility.

Green Features: Excellent focus on environmentally friendly features.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hi Liz M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m glad that you noticed some of our many environmentally friendly policies. The Boulder Inn is the most solar powered hotel in Boulder County. Our solar panels create 28,694 kWh of electricity production annually, and provide approximately 25% electrical needs. We also give all of our employees a complimentary eco-pass, encouraging them to utilize the excellent mass transportation Boulder has to offer.

If your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel, on my personal cell phone number 303-506-9859, or via email at ari@boulderinn.com

Lewiston, Idaho
Reviewed 4 August 2014

1.Do not stay at this hotel in the hot summer months, the air conditioning is totally inadequate. 2. All the members of our party had the same complaint. 3.The rooms were not properly cleaned. 4. The staff did not help with transportation needs.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank johnhT1993HS
Hi johnhT1993HS,

After your group checked out, the staff commented that the Slusser Huffman Wedding was by far, one of the friendliest groups of the year. I had a chance to personally meet with many of the attendees, and not one person mentioned the challenges you experienced. Rather, they remarked on how happy they were with the hotel.

It is frustrating for me to read about someone's perceived challenges after they check out. People like myself take jobs in the hospitality industry because we are people that want to help. My hope is that in the future, you will learn to express your dissatisfaction during your stay, giving staff a chance to help make things better.

Ari

Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel is right off the highway and close to Downtown for dining and shops. We were able to walk along Boulder Creek from hotel and breakfast included is a big plus. Hotel staff was very friendly especially Malcom who gave us restaurant suggestions. Pool was clean and hot tub also was great. I would definitely go back again if traveling to the area. We drove about an hour to Rocky Mtn National Park.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mojitomary
Hi mojitomary,

Thank you for being such a positive person. It sounds like you were here to take advantage of everything our great city has to offer, and you did it well. I love to walk along Boulder Creek, and I am so happy that you were able to share that experience. Guests occasionally take our free bikes, and ride the path all the way into the mountains. I’m also thrilled to hear that you took the trip to Rocky Mountain National Park. Trail Ridge Road, the highest paved road in North America, is one of my favorite places on earth. At only one hour from the front door of our hotel, it is a shame not to go.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 1 August 2014

To Whom it May Concern,

I would like to bring to your atttention the high level of service your front desk staff provides. I could not connect to the wifi and your colleagues, Malcom Dean, Jeff and Diana were exceptionally helpful.

As a former employee with over two decades in the luxury hotel industry I would not hesitate to recommend all three as stellar examples of "going above and beyond".

Please do acknowledge these individuals on my behalf.

Best regards,

Patrick Vaughn

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Patrick V
Hi Patrick V,

I am so glad that these staff members were able to help you. I shared your review with all three of them, and they were ecstatic. The fact that you have over two decades in the luxury hotel industry makes the compliment that much greater.