“Friendly, Helpful Staff”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Lewiston, Idaho
“Friendly, Helpful Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed for three days for July wedding. The staff was very helpful and courteous while we were there. If anyone had a questions/problems from our party they could let the front desk know for help. The cleaning staff was also friendly and courteous. This was the perfect hotel for our family and other members of the wedding party. Great time!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Hi JBH256,

Thank you for your inspiring review of The Boulder Inn, and for your kind words about the staff. They work so hard trying to make everyone’s stay perfect. Praise never gets old. I understand that you were here for a wedding. I hope that you can come back sometime and explore the area. There is so much to do and see.

Please let me know the next time you come through Boulder. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel, on my personal cell phone number 303-506-9859, or via email at ari@boulderinn.com

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I organized a group to stay at this hotel. The quick response, professionalism, and attention to detail was the reason we picked the hotel. We then went a month ahead to make all of our arrangements in the city. I new at that time this was the best hotel for our needs. From the front desk to the housekeepers were professional, friendly, and caring. I was in the hotel business for many years and this is one of best I've seen. We had special needs for elderly people, placement of rooms, and material needed to be passed out by the staff. They took care of everything plus others major emergencies on our part. We appreciate the staff. There isn't a perfect hotel but when you have staff that want to make your experience at the hotel the best it can be, what more can you ask for?

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tom S
Hi Tom S,

Thank you for your motivating words on the staff. We can build a great hotel, and furnish it with luxurious amenities. Without great people working here, it is only brick and mortar. The staff works consistently and tirelessly going above and beyond, and it is great to be recognized.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the boulder inn both in June & July for my daughter's wedding. Everyone at the front desk was super helpful & accommodating, the rooms were clean & comfy, & the breakfast had a good variety. Preferred the 2nd floor room on my second visit, as the 1st floor room had a very heavy-footed group above. Free wi-fi was also a plus. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Annie S
Hi Annie S,

We host over 200 groups a year. Many are government, academic, sports, and family related. Every once in a while, one of them really stands out. Your wedding party was one of the nicest groups we have had. Our staff commented after you left on how wonderful you all were. Thank you for being great.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed one night at this hotel as part of a wedding party. All the staff was extremely helpful in providing advice to out-of-town guests on where to eat and things to do. The hotel was in a great location for going to Pearl St and the wedding venue. The breakfast was also very excellent.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Callie S
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
Hi Cynthia L,

How lucky you are to be traveling across America during the summer. I’m glad that you had a chance to see Boulder. Summer is a great time of the year to be here. Thank you for your positive comments, and your glowing review.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I just got married in Boulder and we reserved a block of rooms at the Boulder Inn for our guests. Compared to all of the other hotels that I contacted in the area, the Boulder Inn immediately gave the best service. With other hotels, I was constantly waiting on information and/or for people to call me back and the Boulder Inn was always timely in their responses and very helpful in answering all of my questions. Once we got to the hotel for the wedding, the staff was extremely friendly, accommodating, and helpful. I was really impressed with how much time they were willing to spend helping me and how much they went above and beyond to make sure that all of my guests were comfortable and taken care of. I put together bags for each guest to receive on their arrival and the staff made sure to hand deliver them to each room. Overall, I was extremely happy that we picked the Boulder Inn for our wedding weekend and am not sure they could have done a better job! Whenever we go back to Boulder, we will definitely be staying there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicole H
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This older hotel has been updated and is centrally located. Room, lobby and breakfast were clean and staff was accommodating and attentive. When I complained about the soft, lumpy mattress, I was offered a reduction in room rate. Their breakfast selection has exceptional, including fresh (not canned or frozen) blueberries, blackberries and strawberries, and bacon, sausage, eggs and potatoes that were not swimming in grease. I was impressed with their environmentally friendly features, from the toilet in the room to the "plastic" cups made from corn. Availability of bicycles for guests' use was since touch. Only reason I didn't rate hotel higher was the obvious age of the facility.

Green Features: Excellent focus on environmentally friendly features.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hi Liz M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m glad that you noticed some of our many environmentally friendly policies. The Boulder Inn is the most solar powered hotel in Boulder County. Our solar panels create 28,694 kWh of electricity production annually, and provide approximately 25% electrical needs. We also give all of our employees a complimentary eco-pass, encouraging them to utilize the excellent mass transportation Boulder has to offer.

If your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel, on my personal cell phone number 303-506-9859, or via email at ari@boulderinn.com

Lewiston, Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

1.Do not stay at this hotel in the hot summer months, the air conditioning is totally inadequate. 2. All the members of our party had the same complaint. 3.The rooms were not properly cleaned. 4. The staff did not help with transportation needs.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank johnhT1993HS
Hi johnhT1993HS,

After your group checked out, the staff commented that the Slusser Huffman Wedding was by far, one of the friendliest groups of the year. I had a chance to personally meet with many of the attendees, and not one person mentioned the challenges you experienced. Rather, they remarked on how happy they were with the hotel.

It is frustrating for me to read about someone's perceived challenges after they check out. People like myself take jobs in the hospitality industry because we are people that want to help. My hope is that in the future, you will learn to express your dissatisfaction during your stay, giving staff a chance to help make things better.

Ari