“Terrific”

Best Western Plus Boulder Inn
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 8 October 2009

The most friendly , helpful and courteous staff. The staff at the fron desk helped me with my luggage, finding entertainment,and were great about getting me into a new room quickly for an extended stay. The housekeeping staff happily helped move all my belongings from one room to another.

the room was a good size with a nice reading chair and desk. the bed was very comfortable.

I liked that they had the local free newspapers everyday and the USA Today.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank readytogoMilford_Ct
BoulderInn, Front Desk Manager at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2009

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for the wonderful comments about your recent stay with us at the Best Western Boulder Inn. We are very pleased you enjoyed you stay with us and that our comfortable room accommodations and staff made for a great extended stay! Thank you again for taking the time to write such a complimentary review, we greatly appreciate your feedback and enjoyed hearing all your great comments. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 September 2009

I stayed in this hotel back in January, and was so pleased with the rooms and the service that I am staying again in November.

The front desk staff are amazingly helpful and always willing to accommodate special requests when possible. When I stayed, the carpets in some rooms were being redone and for a few days of my stay I was booked into the large Business Plus room. When I was moved back into the regular king room (the one I had booked and paid for) they brought a refrigerator and microwave to make up for the inconvenience, without me even asking.

I have called the front desk several times in preparation for my upcoming trip and Malcolm is always pleasant and helpful, despite me pestering him with my constant changes and revisions. Not once have I felt like a burden or an inconvenience.

If possible, check out the hot tub. It it huge and wonderful! Also, if you can, request a second-floor room with a mountain view. They are over the parking lot but far enough not to be noisy, and seeing the sun hit the Flatirons in the morning is definitely worth it.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Moonblossom
BoulderInn, Front Desk Manager at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2009

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your previous stay with us in January at the Best Western Boulder Inn. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that our amenities and staff made for a wonderful trip to beautiful Boulder!
Thank you for your kind words about our front desk staff, we greatly appreciate your feedback and the time you took to send this message.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again this November!

Reviewed 16 September 2009

Rooms stink. service horrible. do not stay here waist of money

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank braden15

Dear Braden15,

We are very disappointed you have chosen to take a contractual dispute into the public forum.

This review is regarding only a contractual issue between a parent from a girl’s softball team and the hotel. It is unfortunate that this review is only a false expression of frustration with the hotel and accommodations rather than the contractual issue itself.

The parent from the softball team came to Boulder during the busiest week of the year. Whenever we have higher demand than supply, we always ask that groups commit all requirements in writing. This does ensure that we are able to meet the group’s needs while we do not turn away potential guests.

The softball team put down a deposit and signed a simple one page contract stating, “Early departure will result in penalty of one night’s room and tax.” After the contract was complete, the hotel took the rooms off the market and held them for the team for the next three months.

During the period of her stay, we discovered she had an undeclared pet. The Boulder Inn, as is industry standard, requires that all pets be declared at check-in and failure to do so will result in eviction and a $300.00 undeclared pet fee. We chose not to charge or evict her because she was with her team and no other rooms were available in Boulder.

Despite our courtesy to her pet situation and the team contract, she decided to depart early.

At the Best Western Boulder Inn we pride ourselves on providing clean and affordable accommodations combined with great customer service.

Reviewed 16 September 2009

Selected motel based on location to colleges in Colorado. Visited two colleges in area
over Labor Day weekend. Hotel has been upgraded in the last few years. Rates given
at time of booking (6-7 wks prior) stated room with queen beds, refrig and microwave.
Upon arrival, room received was a double/double with no refrig or microwave. The front
desk clerk (college student?) brought a small fridge to the room after being questioned
about the mistake but insisted we had queen beds. Tried to access the in -room wifi
and unable to connect to hotel signal. Business Center with internet computer was in a separate room which was supposed to be accessible through your room key -it was locked and inaccessible during stay.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank stlou09g
BoulderInn, Front Desk Manager at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2009

Dear StLou09g,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Best Western Boulder Inn. We hope you enjoyed your stay in beautiful Boulder and hope your confusion over the bed type did not cause you too much concern. The only bed types we have at this hotel are kings and queens. Your queen size beds, the Simmons Felicity 650 super pillow tops, were 60”x 80” which is the North American Standard. You had expressed a concern at departure that Colorado may have its own standard and I’d like to assure it does not.

Our web page BoulderInn.com and all material that originates from us state that refrigerators and microwaves are available upon request. We had not received a request for either of these with your reservation. After you arrived and did request a refrigerator we immediately brought one to your room.

Our guest room keys do not work for our business center since we restrict access to the room to guests who are over eighteen. As you were traveling with minors, I am sure you can appreciate that because our 24 hour business center computers do not have adult controls activated, we require users to obtain a separate key from the front desk.

Our guest rooms all have complimentary wireless internet access available to laptops with wireless capability. Your computer did not have such capability so we were able to provide you with a complimentary bridge which we are just now being made aware that you had a problem with. Had we been aware of this issue I’m sure we could have resolved it for you.

Thank you again for your comments and concerns. We always appreciate our valued guest’s feedback and the time it took to share it with us.

Reviewed 25 August 2009

Upon first sight, I was slightly disappointed with this Best Western, as it is located next to a Highway and looks oldish. The friendly check-in staff made us feel very welcome though. Everyone was friendly, but Malcom in particular was very helpful. Many thanks again for helping with our special request!

The room was a bit older, but the bed very comfy with really nice bed linen. We could hear the Highway at all nor noise from any other room.

Breakfast was the usual but ok, the only thing I cannot seem to understand is why those Inns are using disposable cutlery, plates and so on. This is an unbelievable amount of waste being produced and for me coming from Europe this is shocking. They use trays which they put into the dishwasher, it cannot be too hard to put at least plates and pots if not the cutlery in there, can it?

As mentioned, the hotel in next to the highway and it takes about five minutes to drive to Pearl Street, the main shopping area. If I were to come to Boulder again I would probably stay at the Best Western again, although I found it a bit pricey in comparison to better hotels I have stayed at.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Schlump53
BoulderInn, Front Desk Manager at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2009

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Boulder Inn. We are always pleased to hear what our guests enjoy the most about their stay and it is nice to know what we could have done to make your stay more enjoyable. I am passing on your comments to our staff. They will greatly appreciate the time you took out of your day to send this message.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that our pillow top beds and location made for a pleasant stay in Boulder. For your next visit, we do have free bike rentals available to cruise around Boulder to the University of Colorado just located directly across the street or to the new 29th Street Mall just one mile north of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2009

Staff very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast included in room rate. Breakfast area is nice, with decent variety in food (nothing special, but better than what's offered in some places in same price range). Only downside to my trip was that I was placed in a smoking room for the first night, but the staff found another room for me for the next two nights (note - best western's online reservation service does not guarantee non-smoking room, something I learned on this trip). My cleanliness rating (3) is due to the smoking room, first night.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank jim261
Reviewed 23 June 2009

I was there recently to attend a conference. My room was located facing the parking lot and the noise level was terrible. I had my room changed without any difficulty. I found the staff to be extremely professional and helpful. The rooms were very clean and would recommend the Best Western, Boulder to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business