“Noisey, Dirty and Disappointing”

Best Western Plus Boulder Inn
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Boulder
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Colorado
“Noisey, Dirty and Disappointing”
Reviewed 27 February 2010

Stayed here based upon previous traveler reviews, however our experience was sub-par. Asked to be moved due to excessive noise and the second room was also by an exit door. Sadly this exit also led to the sauna/pool area so it kept slamming non-stop. Hot tub jets didn't work, uni-sex bathroom had clogged toilet and dirty. Had to go outside (in the snow) just to enter into the wing of the building we stayed in. Breakfast room was tiny and also dirty. Food scraps on the tables, on the floor and not appealing to eat in such an environment. Also, the location was not convenient as it is located at the ON ramp of a major thoroughfare and one must use the frontage room to get here - which is not clear as to how to access the hotel. Would not ever stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank VTLColorado
BoulderInn, Front Desk Manager at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this review, 19 March 2010
Dear VTLColorado,

We greatly appreciate the time you took to write a review about your recent stay with us at the Boulder Inn. It is always helpful to receive feedback from our guests and we hope your confusion over the location of the hotel and rooms did not cause you too much concern. We are prominently located across from the University of Colorado on 28th Street and within walking distance to many restaurants and attractions in Boulder. Our location along with maps and directions can be found on our website. All our rooms have a central interior corridor that is accessible from our front lobby.

Every year during the time your visit, we proudly donate a majority of our hotel rooms to the Special Olympics athletes for their annual Ski Competition. We apologize that your visit coincided with their visit as they do have special events in which they all attend causing them all to leave and return to the hotel at the same time which could have been the cause for the noise. We apologize you may have had other concerns during your visit, and unfortunately you did not report any issues to us whereas we would have been glad to immediately address them.

We appreciate your comments and concerns and hope to have another opportunity to serve you on your next visit to beautiful Boulder.

Best Regards,
Raquel Reyes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Roseville, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 February 2010

If was an okay stay. There were a few things I would change (service could have been a little more prompt) but overall the stay was good.

Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank MirandaG3
BoulderInn, Front Desk Manager at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this review, 17 March 2010
Dear MirandaG3,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your past stay with us in August at the Best Western Boulder Inn. We hope you enjoyed your time in Boulder and we are glad you enjoyed your overall stay. We greatly appreciate your feedback and the time you took to share it with us. We hope to see you back again very soon!

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2010

I have stayed at this hotel twice with my elder brothers, in 2005 and 2007 when my eldest brother, a chemical engineer attended a conference at CU and we went on a holiday for a couple of weeks in beautiful Colorado!
The Best Western Boulder Inn is a good place to stay. Staff are very friendly and efficient. Parking and rooms are well appointed, clean and comfortable. Upstairs rooms on one side have a good view of the Rocky Mountains. One room we were allocated was a smoking room despite us being non smokers and requesting this but this was swiftly addressed!

The town of boulder is a nice 20 minute walk from the hotel and there is a nice path through the university campus, which is very pretty.

In Boulder town centre, there are a good range of restaurants and amenities, including the excellent Pearl Street Mall, BJ's Pizzas and the Walnut Brewery! A short drive will take you to Estes Park, Flatirons Mall (one of the biggest cinemas I have been in) and an hour will have you at Denver and the airport!

An ideal base to explore Colorado!!

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank Daru500
Charlotte
Reviewed 18 January 2010

Great hotel for the value...if you choose the skiing or shopping packages, you will be able to ski for free every day or get $50 to spend at about 50 stores a mile away. It's a fantastic deal, the beds are very comfortable, and although the hotel is old, they have done a fantastic job with its facelift...breakfast satisfying...

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MCHAMMERing
BoulderInn, Front Desk Manager at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this review, 22 January 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

We greatly appreciated the time you took to write a review regarding your recent stay with us and our great ski and shop packages that we have to offer. We are very glad you enjoyed the comfort of our pillow-top beds and our deluxe continental breakfast as well as all the recent remodeling we have done. Once again, thank you for all your great comments. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!

Kirrie
Reviewed 15 January 2010

I have stayed in Boulder Inn in January for almost a week.
I have to admit that I'm quite spoiled when it comes to the hotels I'm used to stay which are normally 5* and very luxurious.
I booked the Best Western Boulder Inn just because I liked the website.
I didn't have much time to google and see more places. It turned out to be a great choice.

The first impression, however, was rather depressing. I was tired, arrived late at night and it the place seemed more like some kind of American motel. The light in the room was quite dark but this is because they use energy saving bulbs and it takes time to lighten up. What I like immidietly though was the fact that I had a balcony, huge bed and a nice desk where I could do some work. There was also free wi fi, quite fast.

The next day my first impression was still not that great BUT the day after when the sun came out and sky cleared up and I saw the breathtaking view on to the mountains from the reception I was just happy to be there. Now most important thing, which contributed to me writing this review and recommending this place are the people who work there. They are so kind (something typical, as it turns out, for Boulder), so helpful, you can have chat with them and a laugh; they are interested not just bothered, they are happy to help with anything you ask for as long as they can, they are always polited but first and foremost they come accross as extremely genuine. Especially girl called Ashley.

So the luxury of this place is not in the decor and luxurious facilities it is in the people who make your stay really pleasent and coming back every evening was like coming back home and I was really looking forward to sleeping the this huge bed.

The only thing that came as a shock was when I was checking out. I was sure that I have been charged for the stay when I paid for it online but it turned out that it was only a reservation and I had to pay when checking out. I had hardly any cash left and used the credit card limit on shopping ( and I shopped alot!). Thankfully I had another credit card I could pay with.

So I recommend the place and I am sure you will enjoy it.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank MeMaggie
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a complimentary review about your recent stay with us in Boulder, Colorado. We are delighted you enjoyed your time in Boulder and we are so pleased that our staff really made your stay a memorable one. I will definitely pass on your comments to our staff and know they will greatly appreciate the time you took to send this message. Thank you again for your wonderful comments and we hope to see you on your next visit to Boulder!

Silverthorne, CO
Reviewed 22 October 2009

I found the room to be comfortable and the breakfast to be adequate. The night clerk was great but the day staff left a lot to be desired.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank civetta_9
Reviewed 8 October 2009

The most friendly , helpful and courteous staff. The staff at the fron desk helped me with my luggage, finding entertainment,and were great about getting me into a new room quickly for an extended stay. The housekeeping staff happily helped move all my belongings from one room to another.

the room was a good size with a nice reading chair and desk. the bed was very comfortable.

I liked that they had the local free newspapers everyday and the USA Today.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank readytogoMilford_Ct
BoulderInn, Front Desk Manager at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this review, 13 October 2009
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for the wonderful comments about your recent stay with us at the Best Western Boulder Inn. We are very pleased you enjoyed you stay with us and that our comfortable room accommodations and staff made for a great extended stay! Thank you again for taking the time to write such a complimentary review, we greatly appreciate your feedback and enjoyed hearing all your great comments. We hope to see you again soon!