“A Black Napkin”

Cross street: 9th Street and Walnut
New York, New York, United States
“A Black Napkin”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

You know how white cloth napkins often leave white lint on your black pants after you have finished dinner? To my delight I was offered a black napkin when the server noticed I was wearing black pants. What a novel idea! Unfortunately the otherwise lovely meal was marred by two service slip-ups, the ordered iced tea had to be requested twice, and the croutons which I asked not to have in my caesar salad had not been withheld. However the salad was prepared fresh at the table and the french onion soup was exactly right, very authentic.

Visited March 2014

Boulder, CO
“I really wanted to love it….”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I am a big fan of the hotel where Jill's sits. Had a nice lunch here recently so tried a breakfast as well. The service was very friendly and competent. The food did not wow me at all. Overly salty, lacking flair, just OK. Considering the location, the ambiance and the lack of breakfast options downtown Boulder, it should be a magnet for business and personal breakfast meetings, but it is not likely to be, unless some changes are made.

• Visited February 2014
Boulder, Colorado
“Good happy hour spot”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Nice ambience in bar and restaurant with good food. Good spot for desert after dinner! aCan park underground under Hotel

Visited July 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Bad Service, Mediocre Food that wasn't cheap”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I had a business meeting and when the first restaurant we went to was too full, we thought Jill's would be a great hotel restaurant to meet and discuss business. We ended up in the bar area, and that was a big mistake. It was too dark - I was served a veggie bean burger after ordering a regular burger, and we had to chase down the waitress everytime to get any attention. Not once could we get our water glasses filled. I live in Boulder, but that was the last time I will ever go to Jill's. Extremely disappointed. Spend your food dollars elsewhere - there are tons of other alternatives.

Visited February 2014
Boulder, Colorado
“So-So Food in an Elegant Setting”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This is a beautiful restaurant and should be a top spot in Boulder, but after eating here several times, the best we can say is that the food does not stand out. The hotel has a captive clientele, so I guess they do OK, but they'd do well to bring in someone independent to run the place and elevate the cuisine.

Visited November 2013