“good, less expensive option”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Boulder Broker
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“good, less expensive option”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My original plan was to camp in or just outside boulder, and was saddened to learn that not only is there no camping in the area, but all the hotels are very expensive (I'm more of a super 8/ Day's Inn type). This place was the cheapest option available, and I booked here at the last minute. The people at the front desk were nice (they even price matched the orbitz.com price for me over the phone), the room was clean and quiet (it looked like it was decorated by somebody's grandpa, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing), and the wifi worked as it should, albeit somewhat slowly (was getting a bit over 1 mb/s download speed). The continental breakfast was slightly underwhelming (the pastries all looked like they could have come from a vending machine), but at least there were healthy options, like granola and fruit. If I had to overpay for a hotel in Boulder again, I would stay here without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Basehor, Kansas
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The people where very nice! The rooms where nice. the beds where comfortable, but the air conditioner the clock the bathroom needs to be upgrade! The Bathroom was clean. They did our beds everyday. I will stay there again!

Room Tip: If you need to go anywhere out to eat everything was close by! Shopping stores too!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights. Room smelt of cigarette smoke, despite it being a non-smoking room. No window to open. Upon leaving, I accidentally left behind a small portable speaker. I rang the reception staff upon realising this a few hours later. They said they will check with the housekeeping staff and ring me back. However they didnt keep their word. I rang again 2 days later, and spoke to a different receptionist. They told the housekeeping staff were too "busy" for him to talk to them. I rang back half hour later, and he was still extremely unhelpful. I then drove all the way to the property, and spoke to the housekeeping staff myself, who looked in the lost and found cupboard, but were still unable to locate my item. They refused to let me check the room myself to see if it was still there.

1 Thank Suneth J

Travellers are raving about these Boulder hotels

Kansas
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband booked this hotel for four nights, and after reading the reviews, I was quite afraid it could be a bad experience. Not at all. We were assigned a room on the fourth floor, on the corner, which worked very nicely. I believe that they don't place families with little ones on the fourth floor, as this was really quiet. Our window looked at the back street and Dark Horse bar. We slept very well. Beds were very comfortable, and also the pillows. Room had old type furniture and old tv, but it was very clean. Be aware that this hotel was the Broker Inn, and you will see that name on the building. Despite the age of the building and installation, everything worked very well. First floor carpet could take a good cleaning or total replacement. The breakfast, which is included, is just continental. Nothing to die for. Fortunately McDonnalds is at walking distance, and you have a variety of choices from coffee to food. The housekeeping is not very efficient, as I noticed they never cleaned the coffeemaker. Wifi worked very well all four days for me. Despite the fact that reviews make repeated mentions to safety, we didn't witness any unsafe act of suspicious people. We felt pretty safe in the hotel. I guess is a good value for the price you pay.

Room Tip: Go for the third or fourth floor as they are more quiet and stay away from the pool.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Nice hotel. Near everything. First night our AC wasn't cooling and I notified front desk at 11pm.
Next day Louis came and check it and told us it was on the fritz and they will move us which they did. WIll stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I am a regular business traveler for many years. I have never left a hotel because of concern for my family's safety. However, suspicious people hanging outside the hotel, blood stains in the stairwell, unsecured exit doors and a police car circling the parking lot, made it impossible to feel comfortable. Not to mention, our room smelled so strongly of chlorine that it burned our eyes, the bathroom had a hair trap in the bathtub shower that made me gag, the beds were sagging and the bedding looked as old as the lady of the night standing out back of the hotel. It was absolutely terrible, to say the least, I had to make the best choice for my family and we left before a single hair on our heads hit the dingy dirty pillows.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Martyp301
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 17 June 2014

It was difficult to find this hotel from the street. There is a salon attached to it and it had better signage. Check-in was very informal and took a while because no one was at the front desk. We headed for the elevator and waited -- for about 10 minutes, and decided to take the stairs. The stairwell wasn't very clean and was a little scary. Looking at the other guests, my husband warned me not to talk to anyone. The people/place just looked sketchy. The room small, smelled stale, and was over-warm. The only good thing about this hotel was that it was located close to the Dark Horse bar & grill. Amazing burgers!!

Room Tip: If you are planning on catching/calling a taxi, plan for at least 30-40 min wait.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends