“Harvest House: Great Location, Lots of Character”

Millennium Harvest House
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
Phoenix, Arizona
“Harvest House: Great Location, Lots of Character”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Millennium Harvest House is a nice hotel near downtown Boulder. It's heyday has passed, but the hotel still has some charm to offer. Some upgrades have been implemented - like new beds and furnishings - that make your stay comfortable. But the hotel is still older so you'll find doorways a bit narrower, closets a little smaller. The hotel is a maze of corridors and you will have trouble if you like taking the stairs to your floor since the stairs may not connect all the floors! The outdoor area is older, but a nice open space next to Boulder Creek Trail. I would recommend this hotel if you are okay with some minor flaws.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the gardens and/or Boulder Creek have a nice view.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 11 December 2012

This 40+ year old hotel is a shadow of its former self. If you are expecting par with the Millennium Hotels in Europe, expect less. We got the room we paid for at $98 per, but not a penny more. The hotel booked an entire Australian soccer team and gave them run of the Olympic-size pool for training, thus blocking us from using it for four days. The bar was booked for a private salsa dance lesson on Saturday night. We had a great view of the mountains from our balcony with the rusting iron work. Everything about this place said old or cheap, or both. Everything about the staff said feckless minimum wage college kid. Avoid if you can pay a bit more.

Room Tip: Insist on a room on one of the top three floors that faces the Flatirons mountains. This is really...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Boulder hotels

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Loud music from downstairs at 10 PM + on a Monday night is clearly audible on the top floor. Calling the front desk results in a busy signal. If you are looking for a hotel where you can sleep, this is not one of those.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank WhirledTravailer
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 24 November 2012

We actually almost didn't stay here because of the poor reviews on Trip Advisor, but then we spoke to someone and decided to give it a try. We are SO glad we did! It was clean, friendly, and inviting. The hotel is so close to the university, so we could walk to the game. The hotel is older, but that just gives it some charm. We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Diane N
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I am a frequent traveller: because of business reasons, I sleep in hotels over 100 nights a year. Thus, I think I have a fair ability to judge a hotel.

I arrived around 8 at night. At the front desk they gave me a room. As I started walking through the long, long corridors (it takes a good 5 minutes to get to the room), I was startled by how dirty the carpet was. I bumped, for instance, into a lot of plastic wraps on the ground and, after a dozen or so, I gave up on counting on the large stains on the floors.

After the walk, the first elevator was out of service. Then, I had to undo my steps and go to the second elevator. This one worked, but barely: the bottons in the command box were broken and one of them was missing.

Finally, I got to my room. Again the dirtiness was just incredible: I turned out the light and I was taken away by how dirty the switch was. The TV was from 20 years ago and the whole furniture smelled badly. The bathroom was a bit better, but still well below the standard one expects in a hotel.

The room was so awful that I went downstair, canceled my reservation and moved to another hotel in town.

Room Tip: There are many alternatives in Boulder: do not stay here.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Michael P, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
We were very disappointed to read about your experience during your stay with us. We are working hard to meet if not exceed all of our guests’ expectations currently .

We are in the process of refurbishing all our hotel elevators in the hotel and should be operable in no time.

We hope you afford us another opportunity to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to Boulder again. We are excited about the changes we're making and would like to share them with you.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Clearly this hotel is old. The hallways and some of the common areas definitely felt it. However, my room seemed to have been updated not too long ago. It was clean, the beds were comfortable. The tvs are still the big box kind vs a flat screen so their quality was lacking but I wasn't staying there to watch tv. The only meal I ate in the hotel was breakfast and it was very good. The front desk was really friendly at checkin. Large lap pool!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Sebastopol, Ca
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Our room was in the back building which I think was the older section. It was very outdated and needed renovations but it was quiet. Halls needed new carpeting and paint. Everything was just a bit run down. Rooms were average but clean and reasonably priced compared to other hotels in the area. Service was average too. Location was on a busy corner and about 1.5 miles from the downtown area. The best thing about this hotel was the outdoor setting. There is a path for walking, running or biking right behind the hotel and near a creek. I probably would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the back section. I am assuming the main hotel is more updated.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends