“Worn but comfortable”

Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
Berkeley, California
“Worn but comfortable”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

The Millenium Harvest House accommodated my very large group with very little hassle, and many of the staff were extraordinarily helpful. The walls between our rooms were thin; there was a little more noise from next door than we should have had for the price. Breakfast was fine, and the meeting rooms were fine if somewhat threadbare. The least appealing aspect of the hotel was the sports bar; frankly, it smells. There are plenty of nice bars and restaurants in walking distance. The best thing about the hotel is the staff. And also, how the design maximizes views of the mountains, and a nice internal park that connects to the Boulder Creek trail system.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Michael P, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience you received from our staff, mentioned in your correspondence. We at the Millennium Harvest House, Boulder strive daily to meet and exceed guest expectations.

The value of each guest is more important today than it has ever been and your feedback means a great deal to our employee well being! Thank you for that. Please know that we have renovated our sports bar recently and looking to to do additional upgrades shortly.

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and look forward to having you with us on your next visit to the Boulder area again.

sincerely

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Concord, California
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my two children to attend the admitted freshman day at CU. The staff was nice , but this property is worn out and is in desperate need of updating. The door from our room to the garden did not have a lock , only a safety bar that was bent. The metal around the window was broken. The fitness center and pool were very outdated. The breakfast was good except for the morning we had to be at CU by 7.30. The buffet was not out and there was only one waitress. The shower did not drain. We had a problem with electrical outlet but that was resolved. Great location and property could be really great with some updating.

Room Tip: Choose a room that has a locking door.
1 Thank Renateb1

Travellers are raving about these Boulder hotels

Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Old and worn out is the only way to describe this hotel. More like an old Holiday Inn than a Millennium Hotel. BUT it is very close to the University of Colorado. About 5-10 minutes to campus. Nice setting near the park along Boulder Creek. It was clean and the beds are excellent. Most of the outlets did not work or were inaccessible. Extra charge for wi-fi without upgraded room. Needs a new owner or Millennium should step in and force renovations. Nice view from south and west facing rooms toward creek and campus. Marriott about 2 long blocks further north from campus was about $100-$125 more per night and the two Pearl Street hotels, Boulderado and the St. Julian are beautiful but very expensive and quite a walk to campus. Add $250 to $400 per night to the Millennium. If this hotel were anywhere else I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel on Easter Sunday. The people at the front desk were very kind and helpful. I was with my mother who is 94 and they were so nice to get us a room where she didn't have to walk very far and it had a great view of the mountains. The room was clean and the beds were nice. I have to agree with others about the internet, I didn't use it because of the charge but I was with some people (who had a different room not nearly as nice) and they purchased the internet access and it was slow at best.

The hotel is in a great location. It has great potential and beautiful grounds. If someone were to buy this property and really care about it would be a gold mine.

The most interesting thing to me was both the bar and the coffee shop were unable to give me change for my cash payment. They siad they didn't have any cash yet. This happened at about 5:00 p.m in the bar and 7:30 am in the restaurant. I ended up using a credit card for a cup of coffee.

I would stay here again because of the friendly service and mostly the location but I wish this hotel would live up to its potential.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the mountains is great. Don't stay in the West wing it's not as nice an...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I went to skiing over the New Year's holidays and stayed in this property. I was a nice place. clean room and helpful staff, the only thing missing was the continental breakfast, but it is close to a shopping center with a grocery store and lots of shops around the area. One nice thing to mention was we got discounted lift tickets to the Eldora ski resort. One thing we missed was they have a heated pool and i didn't know.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stayed here when visiting CU-Boulder. We booked here as we liked the idea of walking to the campus, and it really was a great asset.

The hotel lobby/restaurant area is renovated and makes you think the rest of the hotel looks newer, but it doesn't. Hotel is dated but clean. Our room, in the South Wing, was big and clean. The shower head was low, which I did not notice but my taller child did.

We checked in and took a walk. Behind the hotel is the Boulder Creek and an Observatory. The glass is filthy and we could not see a thing. I believe the Observatory is part of the hotel.

Our beds were quite comfortable, and it was nice having a mini (very mini) balcony. We could just step out--barely--but it was nice to feel the temp in the morning.

Saturday night the nightclub was busy. We did not go, just heard the music...very loud. We did not hear it in our room, but around midnight we heard loud talking. There had been a wedding at the hotel that evening (outdoors, we could watch it!), and it may have been the wedding party.

The staff with whom we dealt, which was just front desk staff, was exceptionally nice, and Scott at the front desk was quite helpful, on the phone in advance of our arrival, as well as when we were there.

We would stay there again, mostly for the convenience.

Pros:
Walking distance to campus and stores
Boulder Creek right there, with walkway/bikeway
Clean
Nice staff
Quiet Friday night

Cons:
Dated
Low shower head
Observatory dirty.
Noise Saturday night

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the nightclub, on a Saturday night at least!
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This was probably a nice hotel in the 1970’s when it was last updated. Came to look at Univ. of CO with my daughter. Chose it because you can walk to campus, didn’t want to hassle with driving from hotel and parking on campus. It as a pretty long walk but OK in good weather, about a half mile. That was the only positive.

Made reservations a couple weeks ago. Realized a few days before trip that the university has a discount. Called the hotel to see if I can apply discount to my room. ($110 vs. $130 per night, 2 nights.) No, discount only applies to regular rooms and I have a “supreme” room. What’s the difference? “Supreme has a balcony and view of the mountains, the other rooms look out over the parking lot.” (Also supreme has internet included whereas regular you have to pay $10/night of stay for internet access.) OK, not a problem I thought.

There is a sliding door in our room but the “balcony” extends out about one foot so it’s more realistic to say you have a big sliding door to open, I sure wouldn’t call that a balcony. (On the one foot of “balcony” was a melted carton of ice cream and some shopping bags, apparently from a previous occupant.) The “view” is just a smaller section of the parking lot, the tennis courts, and the back of a Safeway. Yes, I can see the mountains above the Safeway but seriously they are certainly not the focal point and I wouldn’t spend extra money for this.

Other items:
OK with respect to cleanliness
bathroom fixtures/shower very outdated
no fridge, microwave, or minibar
room service very slow, they kept telling us “in a few more minutes”, it was at least an hour
hot shower water turned cold this morning after a few minutes
in room entertainment: $17.99 for a movie! seriously? I accidentally clicked on a one hour TV show.....cost me $4.99

This hotel is very outdated and who charges for internet anymore? I got my bill under the door this morning.....got charged $20 for internet despite my “supreme room” status. Had to call and get the charge removed.

I think the owners of this hotel are just riding it out until people stop booking rooms, don’t plan to put any money into it. At some point someone will just buy this very valuable land and build a new hotel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. If you must stay here don't pay for "premium" room.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. As you've mentioned, we are an older hotel surrounded by 16 acres of beautiful landscape facing the Boulder Flatirons and just minutes away from the University of Colorado, Boulder.

Please know we do offer a discounted rate for CU parents which is called the "CU debt relief" program. You may contact our reservations department at 303-998-3826 should you wish to register for this program. We do honor room reservations but not necessarily room types unless we have the availability.

Please know that we appreciate your feedback both positive and negative and it will be used as a training tool to further implement training to our newer staff.

Sincerely