“Outdated, but worked”

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Boulder
san francisco, CA
“Outdated, but worked”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed over Memorial Day weekend for a family reunion. The hotel is very tired and dated. There is zero street appeal and it's clear that exterior maintenance has not been a priority. The room was adequate -- the bed was firm & comfortable and the furniture in good shape. Bathroom was old and stale, but towels were decent. It's a bit noisy -- easy to hear people in the hallway and other doors shutting. Our room was in the "sporting wing" and meant you wandered for a while through a seeming maze to get to the elevator. It's poorly laid out on many levels. Outside pool was cold, hot tub pool was warm one day and cool the next. Water was not the cleanest and the pool furniture was limited and old.
Restaurant had OK breakfast -- buffet looked like it had been cooked a few hours earlier and not at all appealing. Ordering off the menu was fine, but not available one of the days. We found a much better breakfast walking over to The Buff.
We all agreed that the location was nice -- easy to rent bikes and explore or walk over to campus. It ended up working out just fine for a family gathering since there was no worries about young children ruining anything or disturbing anyone in the low-key setting.

Room Tip: Our room in the "sporting wing" was off the street and did not have much exterior noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear Guest

We value each of our guests and we know that you have a choice when deciding where to stay in Boulder whether it's for business or pleasure. We strive to exceed our guest expectations by providing the right ambience and good service to make every stay relaxing, invigorating, stimulating and filled with positive interactions. We do apologize for the poor experience you had at the pool during your stay. You comments will be used as a training tool in the area you found lacking.

Thank you again for your feedback, we truly appreciate knowing about our guest's experiences so we can celebrate our successes and address our challenges to better serve you in the future. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.

Sincerely

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Rugby, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I am surprised to see a number of negative reviews for this hotel. I have stayed here a number of times when visiting Boulder and have really enjoyed my stay each time. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff were very helpful. The breakfast in the mornings were enjoyable and the only negative I could find was the cost of the WiFi; at $10/day it is very expensive. However there was free WiFi in the lobby area, which was enough to pick up my emails.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with us during your recent stay at the Millennium Harvest House, Boulder.

Our team works diligently to create a memorable experience for all of our guests and it is
both delightful and encouraging to get positive feedback such as yours. I will be sure to
pass along your acknowledgement to all departments mentioned in your correspondence.

We thank you for your comments and look forward to having you with us in the near future.

New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The staff was warm and welcoming and I had an excellent rate that included internet and a credit towards breakfast. The location next to Boulder Creek Path was excellent. The problems were in the room. The air conditioner worked poorly, the sink didn't drain properly and the shower handle was the strangest I have seen.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback during your recent stay at the Millennium Harvest House, Boulder.
We appreciate your comments both positive and negative to let us know how we are doing.
We also strive daily to provide efficient and professional service by our associates as you have mentioned in your feedback and it shows as your feedback indicates.

We are in the process of doing upgrades and have done so in our lobby area, bars and will continue to do so in the future. Please check back on our progress should your travels bring you to the Boulder area again. Thank you for your patronage.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I rarely write reviews.... but at $169/night, at least give me average! I made the mistake booking the room thinking the reviewers got it wrong. That maybe they were isolated bad experiences and their expectations too high. Well, I should have listened. It's not just that there was one issue, it was many..... The rooms have a very "old" feel to them, stuffy, the kind of carpet you know has been there for a long long time, furniture that should have been thrown away or upgraded long ago, etc. The hallways too... makes you wish you never entered the place. Service throughout the hotel is mediocre, the feeling is that no one is making any effort beyond standing at their posts. Breakfast was horrible... I can actually say it was the worse breakfast I ever had in my life. The buffet was skeletal... had no fruits, the scrambled eggs looked synthetic (the kind they must have bought in liquid form from a carton) and everything tasted stale. Lastly, the air conditioner in my room sounded like a jet engine every time it kicked in. And that sums it up- entire place is stale and has the feeling that it is old. The feeling you get when you expect to see mold.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Thank you for your feedback during your stay at the Millennium Harvest House, Boulder. Your comments are an integral part of our daily operations to ensure additional training to further implement and improve our guest service standards.

Your comments regarding your out dated room,air conditioner and meager breakfast has been noted and communicated to all involved.

We have taken necessary steps to do some upgrades withing the last year such as our lobby and sports bar, and will continue making them in the near future.

We apologize you did not enjoy your previous stay but encourage you view our progress should you be in the Boulder area again

Sincerely

Travellers are raving about these Boulder hotels

Midsund, Norway
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I lived in Boulder for 30+ years and knew this hotel pretty well, but had never stayed there. I knew it was somewhat outdated, not a luxury hotel. It is a hot spot on Fridays after work and with the CU campus nearby, it can be noisy. I had a room for three nights on the top floor with a view of the city, nice!

When I arrived in the late afternoon, breakfast trays from room service were still out in the hallway on the floor. When I went to go out for the evening they were still out there, I called the front desk and then they got picked up, even tho I had seen a housekeeping trolley in the hall earlier, guess it wasn't their job to collect dishes or keep the place presentable.

The room itself was nice and the bed comfortable. Location is great at this hotel and easy parking, rare in Boulder.

The last day I was there I heard a noise on the desk in my room and saw a mouse dash away. He must have been hoping I had ordered room service. Droppings on the desk confirmed I hadn't been imagining things.

When I checked out and complained about sharing my room with an unwanted guest, the desk manager said because I had paid for my room thru a third party (hotelsone.com) he would be unable to make any sort of compensation to me. If I would come stay there again, he would give me a very good discount.

I am unsure I would stay there again, after all, I was staying on the fifth floor, what was the mouse population like on the lower floors. I felt the management's response was unsatisfactory. When I made the complaint to the website where I bought the reservation, they said the hotel would refund them (me) for only one night, not the 50% the desk manager told me he would have given if I paid for the room directly.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Dear Skarsbo

Thank you for sharing your unfortunate and regretful experience during your recent stay.
Ongoing renovations and the recent spate of cold weather have unfortunately attracted mice. We are working diligently with professional experts to eradicate this challenge as fast as possible. Health and safety controls are regularly conducted both by local and independent companies.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the discomfort that this incident may have caused you.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

At check in, we entered our room to find the room had not been cleaned. We were moved to another room quickly. Bathrooms were clean but old and very small. I found common area carpets not cleaned and walls and elevators nicked. The decor was nice but everything was very worn.
I did not feel the value was there for the price. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the location is superb. The bed was comfy and we slept well. I would stay there again only if the facility was updated and better maintained.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent feedback during your stay at the Millennium Harvest House, Boulder.

The comments you have provided are taken seriously to ensure additional training is implemented and provided on an ongoing basis. Furthermore, we appreciate your comment regarding our friendly staff. We strive daily to provide our guests the service they expect and deserve.

I'm happy to inform you that we have made upgrades to our lobby and sports bar and will continue to improve as we go along.

I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised should you stay with us again if your travels bring you to the Boulder area again.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I don't think there's anything wrong with this hotel, but I could see that people would potentially complain. It's dated, but the room we were in has been updated. We were up attending a sporting event, so the room served its purpose. We had a place to rest the night before needing to be up early to get to a 5k venue. We were able to shower and have a hot breakfast buffet included in the price of the room. If we had wanted to purchase the buffet on our own, it was $13/person, which I'm not sure would have been worth the price...

There are restaurants within walking distance, but the Pearl Street Mall is a few miles away. The hotel does offer a shuttle. They seem accomodating to any requests.

If you are looking to be close to the Boulder nightlife, this may not be the option for you, but if you're looking for a place to lay your head and to get a hot shower, you'll be content here. One update the hotel could make is to have thermostats in the rooms. Currently, the window units are used here with no "auto" feature. You either get low or high heat or low or high cool all night long...

The room was clean and comfortable for 2 adults to share a space and split the cost of a room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Alicia C.

thank you for posting your feedback of your recent stay at the Millennium Harvest House, Boulder.

I'm happy to inform you that we have been making upgrades to our property. We have done so in the lobby and in our sports bar. We are focused on making improvements to our guestrooms as well which would include upgraded air conditioning units. We know this may not happen overnight however, it remains a focus of ours.

Please check back with us should your travels bring you to the Boulder area again. We know you have many options to choose from for your lodging needs and we thank you for choosing us.