After a day of water rafting and horseback riding, my friend and I were happy to finally get to the hotel to relax. When we pulled up we found the parking easily. We grabbed all of our stuff out of the car. It wasn't until we approached the front door where we were greeted with an overflowing trash can and a huge blue dumpster with graffiti all over it which smelled absolutely horrid. We went inside and the women at the front desk checked us in then told us we should either put all of our stuff back in the car and drive around the building. We elected to walk instead. BAD idea! We walked past the blue dumpster in addition to I don't know how many others. The scent was putrid! We walk into the "back door" that we were told to walk through. There was dirt all over the place. The rugs in the entrance way, elevator, the halls, and the room were disgusting! As we walked past a few tumbleweeds of dust, we knew they were not vacuumed in months. We got into the room and there was dust in every nook and cranny in addition to pubic hairs left in the bathroom.
We called the front desk to exchange the room as it was unacceptable. We were told we needed to pay $30 extra per night because we had to upgrade if we wanted another room (sleep in filth or pay). We agreed and moved our room to the main building. We were told by staff that the reason for the problems stated above was because the hotel was old. We got to the room and set our luggage down after it passed our inspection. However, we were not told it would be a "TV free" zone. Since we have not experienced this in our travels and this was not communicated, we called to verify. They told us we could walk past the dumpsters again to another room or they would deduct the $30 per night. Overall, the experience sucked. I would never stay at this hotel again. The advice I would give management is 1) CLEAN, 2) perform spot checks to ensure responsibilities are being fulfilled, 3) train staff in customer service, 4) make the entry more appealing (the trash needs to be removed ASAP), 5) if the customer needs to walk far to their room offer to help with their luggage, and 6) eliminate excuses ("the hotel is old" will not win over a customer).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort atmosphere featuring 16 acres of grounds, indoor/outdoor tennis courts, sand volleyball courts, and a fully-equipped business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Millennium Harvest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Harvest House Hotel Boulder
- Millennium Harvest Hotel
- Millennium Harvest Boulder