“They have some work to do. To bring it to what it could be.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Millennium Harvest House

Millennium Harvest House
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Boulder
Miami, Florida
“They have some work to do. To bring it to what it could be.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Though I was worried after reading review. I was a little hesitant. Yes the hotel Is a bit over priced, but so are most hotels close to any college venue. Grounds are very big. There are paths,water features tennis courts. My room was clean when I arrived and each day there after. The front desk and personal where very nice.
I know there is renovated side I'm sure it's nice. I stayed on the other side yes it needs paint upgrades etc. Hallways, but my room was decent and large. I am from a town and would say the security was a little lax.Main back door was open to anyone at anytime. Lots of places to eat close by. So close to CU ++

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Marty R, General Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write about your stay at The Millennium Harvest House. It is always pleasing to hear that our guest arrive to a spacious, clean room. The rooms that we have in our wings are certainly just as spacious as those newly refreshed. Some of our largest rooms are in the South wing of the hotel. As you noted we are very close to CU and have the city bike path run right through our property making it a breeze to get around.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
sydney
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately the company I work for has a conference here every year - this means us employes need to stay in easily the worst hotel that I have ever had to stay in .. Everything you see written on the site gives you a good reflection of the "facilities" staff are helpful but this place should have been torn down years ago as many have said...

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank manth10
We appreciate you taking the time to write about our hotel. I also appreciate you mentioning that our staff was helpful during your stay. You mention that your company has a conference here yearly. I think this will be a great opportunity upon your return next year to see all the wonderful changes that we are making and will continue to make during that time period. Please let us know when that is and I'd be happy to show you around and point out all the wonderful things we have done with the place.

Travellers are raving about these Boulder hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Upon our arrival, there were dirty wine glasses, dishes, & assorted used dining items on the floor sitting outside our room. Once inside, MICE BEGAN SCURRYING ABOUT!!!!! Staff did not offer compensation of any kind. Would not send my worst enemy to this "establishment".

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. We have looked into and evaluated our current process for walking the halls and collecting room service trays and dishes. I would believe one would see marked improvement. Thank you
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I cannot believe that this hotel has not been torn down. What a dump! Completely falling apart. I was desperate as I forgot to book a room, otherwise I would have run out. Everything falling apart. Loud A/C kept us up all night. Only nice thing I can say is that the bellman was a sweetie. I think his name was Denzel .

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank JacksonHoleSkiier
Marty R, General Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thnak for writing to let us know you think Denzel is a sweetie. We think he is a great employee and happy to have him as part of our team. I would disagree with several of your other statements such as everything is falling apart. We have spent a tremendous amount of time, money and effort to upgrade our facilities and continue to do so as I type these words. As you mention a loud AC unit. We are happy to say that we have replaced over 150 HVAC units in the last 3 months to a higher energy efficient ones. It appears that your room may not have had one of those new units. Soon enough they all shall one.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I will start with saying we only stayed here for a soccer tournament and the whole team had to stay here otherwise I would not have booked here based on other reviews. Our initial standard 2 queen beds was horrible. It smelled of cigarettes, was dirty (walls were filthy, door was filthy, the hallway to go into the rooms was filthy. The rooms are horribly old. This part of the hotel has not been updated. It looks like a 70's "no tell motel". Not worth $50.00 a night. My husband and I paid an extra $30. a night for the upgrade to the remodeled section. These are attached by the main lobby area. These rooms were much better but the bed was lumpy. Scott was on duty and was very pleasant and helpful with our move. The entire staff was always very friendly and the hotel was in a great location. The workout room needs major renovations as well. Overcrowded with machines, too hot, and only one working treadmill. We only had drinks at the bar and coffee purchased down stairs and the service in both areas was superb. I would not book at this hotel again if by choice. At least until the entire hotel in renovated and it didn't appear they were working on any other section of the hotel and for the price free Wi-Fi would be nice.

Room Tip: Ask for an remodeled room!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marty R, General Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for your words about our beloved Harvest House hotel. As you mentioned we are doing work on our hotel to upgrade all aspects of the building. You mentioned the fitness center needing some attention. This is one area we are looking at in the near future. We have recently urchased some new equiptment in there but will continue to do work in that area. Thank you, for mentioning that athough there were some not ideal conditions for you that the entire staff was always very friendly, that we are situated in an ideal location and the service in our food outlets was superb.
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Do not trust pictures from the website. Read reviews first!

If you can get one of their renovated rooms, I'll say stay here. Great location, nice grounds, big rooms.

If you are staying in un renovated room, be prepared for no electricity in the room or a room that smells really bad. Took us 3 rooms to get a decent place to sleep. Do not stay in the rooms that have not been renovated. Period.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
I appreciete you taking the time to write a few words. As you pointed out we do have big rooms, nice grounds and a great location! I am sorry to hear you were not pleased with the first room you were given but happy to hear our staff worked with you till you were satisfied.
new york, ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We were here for a wedding that was being held at the hotel and when we heard the name we thought it was going to be an upscale boutique hotel. It definitely was not. The staff was extremely nice and courteous, although half of whom we dealt with weren't exactly helpful. Upon check in they asked if we needed a crib and a mini-fridge for our room because we were toting our 3 month old. I said yes please thank you so much, even though it's strange to have to request to have a fridge brought to your room. They had us in the Sporting Wing which is the ghetto wing. It was awful- we walked down the corridor to our room and felt like we were in a decrepit apartment building that had long since been neglected by the landlord. The carpet was dated and worn, the walls and paint had seen better days, but the worst was the ceiling tiles were shifted and uneven. I felt like it was going to collapse on us. We got into our room and while they had attempted to update it, it fell short. They had just built a new headboard area that looks like it would belong in nicer hotels, but didn't bother with the walls, carpet or bathroom. They didn't even try with the bathroom, it was dated and nasty, and the sink and bathtub both didn't drain. We called maintenance and 3 hours later a man came to pour some Draino down the sink and then said its fine- I said do we need to wait to use it? He said no it's fine to use and left. It was not fine to use, I'm pretty sure you need to wait 15 minutes to let the stuff work but needless to say it didn't do anything. The ceilings had mold and random questionable stuff on it, the light fixtures were dangling out of their sockets. The sheets were so cheap that every time we shifted its loud crinkle would stir my 2 year old from a sound sleep. At this point I am just shocked at how nasty a hotel in the middle of Boulder could be. So then we go for dinner and the restaurant looks like a Denny's from the 60's and I'm not talking about a cool retro look. The food was decent at least, and odd because of the random gourmet fare they offered in such an ugly space. Eat out on the patio, the hotel has a great outdoor space fortunately! We hit the pool and the man on staff was there as we walked by to take my 2 year old to the bathroom, and we realized you need a code to get in, not just your key (they rent out the pool space to the community or some other outside program). We walked back and the man disappeared. I tried calling the front desk and nobody answered, meanwhile my son is begging us to take him to the bathroom. We walked back and forth looking for the attendant and by the time we put our stuff down to take him to the restaurant he had already wet his pants. That made me furious and I started screaming at the top of my lungs "Hello!! Hello!! Is there anybody here?!???" No answer. I put him in the pool and told him to just pee in there because who has a LOCKED bathroom next to the pool. This pass code should have been told to us when we checked in. We get in the hot tub which wasn't hot but at least warm enough that I could take my 3 month old in comfortably and this brown sludge starts pouring out of the drain. We all get out and I'm stuck with a shivering infant in the pool so I just take her out and change her into warm clothes and we sit on the side. So much for my pool day. I went back to the attendant's desk, who is still nowhere to be seen, and call the front desk who finally answers and I inform them on the situation (when I complain about my son wetting himself he promptly apologizes and gives me the pass code). Nobody comes for 20 minutes! I finally see a janitor/maintenance guy and run up to him to say the hot tub was spewing sludge and he said I don't know how that happened its a closed system- whatever that means. I asked him about towels and he said they used them all (gesturing to the 8 people including us at the pool, this was 10am) I roll my eyes and walk away. This place is unbelievable! We met up with the bride the next morning and her getting ready suite was much nice than our room style but it still fell short of a decent modern hotel. Her honeymoon suite actually turned out to be really nice so definitely ask for a room in the main building. The hallways are at least nicer to walk through. The second floor where they had the wedding was actually really modern and updated and clean. This is where they have conferences and such so they really impress you if you do a walk through. Honestly the wedding side was awesome (despite some drama) the staff was on top of everything and extremely helpful, so fortunately the wedding turned out to be amazing. Just don't have your guests stay there ;) Oh and as I was leaving, I found out two wedding guests had their rooms comped because of mice. I'm really not surprised.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your words about our property. Though I may not agree with your words that our beloved hotel is a disaster, I do respect your opinion. We are always looking for words from our guests that we could use for training and making our team even better. I am glad to hear that although you may have had some difficulties that you thought the wedding was awesome. Our Catering Sales Team is truly top notch. We do have the largest conference and banquet space in the city of Boulder and are a very popular destination for events, weddings, conventions etc. I am also glad to read you thought our staff was on top of everything and extremely helpful.