“Poor training of staff. Conflicting stories of when to register for CU graduation 2015.”

Millennium Harvest House
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
Mission Viejo, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Not only was staff not informed of procedure to register for future events, the staff and management

basically did not care or honor the word of their employees. Bad experience. Do not recommend.

Good location for CU Boulder.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Marty R, General Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
We are currently taking reservations for CU Graduation for 2015. I apologize if you were given any misinformation about that. I would recommend calling our reservation line as our agents are well versed in all special dates throughout the course year. I hope we can take care of you and your family on that special graduation day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Though I was worried after reading review. I was a little hesitant. Yes the hotel Is a bit over priced, but so are most hotels close to any college venue. Grounds are very big. There are paths,water features tennis courts. My room was clean when I arrived and each day there after. The front desk and personal where very nice.
I know there is renovated side I'm sure it's nice. I stayed on the other side yes it needs paint upgrades etc. Hallways, but my room was decent and large. I am from a town and would say the security was a little lax.Main back door was open to anyone at anytime. Lots of places to eat close by. So close to CU ++

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write about your stay at The Millennium Harvest House. It is always pleasing to hear that our guest arrive to a spacious, clean room. The rooms that we have in our wings are certainly just as spacious as those newly refreshed. Some of our largest rooms are in the South wing of the hotel. As you noted we are very close to CU and have the city bike path run right through our property making it a breeze to get around.
sydney
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately the company I work for has a conference here every year - this means us employes need to stay in easily the worst hotel that I have ever had to stay in .. Everything you see written on the site gives you a good reflection of the "facilities" staff are helpful but this place should have been torn down years ago as many have said...

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank manth10
We appreciate you taking the time to write about our hotel. I also appreciate you mentioning that our staff was helpful during your stay. You mention that your company has a conference here yearly. I think this will be a great opportunity upon your return next year to see all the wonderful changes that we are making and will continue to make during that time period. Please let us know when that is and I'd be happy to show you around and point out all the wonderful things we have done with the place.

Travellers are raving about these Boulder hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Upon our arrival, there were dirty wine glasses, dishes, & assorted used dining items on the floor sitting outside our room. Once inside, MICE BEGAN SCURRYING ABOUT!!!!! Staff did not offer compensation of any kind. Would not send my worst enemy to this "establishment".

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. We have looked into and evaluated our current process for walking the halls and collecting room service trays and dishes. I would believe one would see marked improvement. Thank you
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I cannot believe that this hotel has not been torn down. What a dump! Completely falling apart. I was desperate as I forgot to book a room, otherwise I would have run out. Everything falling apart. Loud A/C kept us up all night. Only nice thing I can say is that the bellman was a sweetie. I think his name was Denzel .

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JacksonHoleSkiier
Marty R, General Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thnak for writing to let us know you think Denzel is a sweetie. We think he is a great employee and happy to have him as part of our team. I would disagree with several of your other statements such as everything is falling apart. We have spent a tremendous amount of time, money and effort to upgrade our facilities and continue to do so as I type these words. As you mention a loud AC unit. We are happy to say that we have replaced over 150 HVAC units in the last 3 months to a higher energy efficient ones. It appears that your room may not have had one of those new units. Soon enough they all shall one.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I will start with saying we only stayed here for a soccer tournament and the whole team had to stay here otherwise I would not have booked here based on other reviews. Our initial standard 2 queen beds was horrible. It smelled of cigarettes, was dirty (walls were filthy, door was filthy, the hallway to go into the rooms was filthy. The rooms are horribly old. This part of the hotel has not been updated. It looks like a 70's "no tell motel". Not worth $50.00 a night. My husband and I paid an extra $30. a night for the upgrade to the remodeled section. These are attached by the main lobby area. These rooms were much better but the bed was lumpy. Scott was on duty and was very pleasant and helpful with our move. The entire staff was always very friendly and the hotel was in a great location. The workout room needs major renovations as well. Overcrowded with machines, too hot, and only one working treadmill. We only had drinks at the bar and coffee purchased down stairs and the service in both areas was superb. I would not book at this hotel again if by choice. At least until the entire hotel in renovated and it didn't appear they were working on any other section of the hotel and for the price free Wi-Fi would be nice.

Room Tip: Ask for an remodeled room!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Marty R, General Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for your words about our beloved Harvest House hotel. As you mentioned we are doing work on our hotel to upgrade all aspects of the building. You mentioned the fitness center needing some attention. This is one area we are looking at in the near future. We have recently urchased some new equiptment in there but will continue to do work in that area. Thank you, for mentioning that athough there were some not ideal conditions for you that the entire staff was always very friendly, that we are situated in an ideal location and the service in our food outlets was superb.
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Do not trust pictures from the website. Read reviews first!

If you can get one of their renovated rooms, I'll say stay here. Great location, nice grounds, big rooms.

If you are staying in un renovated room, be prepared for no electricity in the room or a room that smells really bad. Took us 3 rooms to get a decent place to sleep. Do not stay in the rooms that have not been renovated. Period.

• Stayed August 2014
I appreciete you taking the time to write a few words. As you pointed out we do have big rooms, nice grounds and a great location! I am sorry to hear you were not pleased with the first room you were given but happy to hear our staff worked with you till you were satisfied.