“Good location with quiet room”
Review of Courtyard Boulder

Courtyard Boulder
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
USA
“Good location with quiet room”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Our hotel room was very quiet - we faced a courtyard and the room had a small balcony with chairs which was very pleasant in the nice weather. Check in was quick and efficient and all of the staff I interacted with were very friendly and helpful. The location was just a short drive from the University and downtown boulder. Overall it was a solid hotel, with clean rooms, and helpful staff. I would stay again if I was in the Boulder area. A bonus was the adorable prairie dog community that live in front of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
courtyardboulder, General Manager at Courtyard Boulder, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for taking to time to post comments regarding your stay on TripAdvisor.
I am glad you enjoyed your room and the property and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Courtyard by Marriott Boulder

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed one night on a business trip and when I arrived late (9:00 PM) I was greeted by very good service at the front desk including a complementary bottle of water. When I walked through the cooridor the hotel appeared to be old and out of date. When I entered the room, again my impression was old and out of date. I hadn't eaten so I went back to the lobby restaurant and had a sandwich. The service was great! The attendant who took my food order was friendly and immediately accomodating. The food was good for a hotel resturant and I was pleasantly satisfied. Back to my room I found that everything appeared to be clean and comfortable. Everything I needed was available in the room and everything worked well. Checkout service in the morning was again pleasant and efficient. I found this hotel to be a convenient Boulder location and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay here.
I am happy you were pleasantly surprised by our staff service. We are committed to providing excellent guest service and I am pleased you experienced that on your visit with us.
We look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I have used this hotel multiple times for work travel in the Boulder area. The rooms are always extremely clean and the staff is pleasant and helpful. I was so happy how well they were taking of those displaced by the flooding north of Boulder. My only complaint this time is I was charged for water after the fact. I had already checked and assumed my account was closed and clear but was then emailed an additional receipt for water I didn't drink. Probably the next person who moved into that room. The hotel has said it should clear from the account. At least they agreed to take care of it!

Room Tip: The first floor rooms do open to the outside via sliding glass doors. If you are not comfortable wi...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
courtyardboulder, General Manager at Courtyard Boulder, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Thank you very much for your continued loyalty to our property and taking time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. I really do appreciate it.
I would like to apologize for the $3.50 in room bottle water charge posted to your room after checkout and if you don't see the credit to your credit car please feel free to contact me.
Once again, thank you very much for staying with us and we hope to serve you soon on your next visit to Boulder.

Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 16 September 2013

One measure of a great hotel is how they help their customers in difficult situations. This past week Boulder and the rest of Northern Colorado experienced record setting rains and flash floods - several days in a row. Our son and daughter-in-law had planned their wedding for a farm north of Boulder, but the rains and floods made it impossible for guests to get to the farm safely and reliably. Many out-of-town guests had traveled from as far as Seattle, North Carolina and New York, and were staying at the Boulder Marriott Courtyard. You don't generally think of Marriott Courtyards as wedding venues, and they don't have ballrooms or large conference rooms. Nevertheless, at the last moment we were able to move the wedding into their relatively small conference rooms and reconfigure the lobby for a wedding and reception. The general manager and the property coordinator were particularly helpful and considerate in enabling the wedding to take place on time and have our enduring gratitude.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank J H
courtyardboulder, General Manager at Courtyard Boulder, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Hello,
It was our pleasure to make sure this special day could happen despite the weather and flooding problems going on around the region. All your guests were very nice and the catering staff was terrific to work with. Many of our non-wedding guests commented on how nice the event setup looked and expressed their happiness that the wedding event could be held with all of the family and friends that travelled into Boulder.
Thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Pasadena, CA
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Location: I passed the entrance the first time; I wouldn't expect a hotel to be tucked back in there. As far as I can tell, there are no restaurants within walking distance, which is a big disappointment to me. An easy drive to Chautauqua.
Food: The Bistro is OK; I agree it's fairly pricey for what it is, especially the price of a glass of wine, but my spinach/feta/mint/pea salad was surprisingly delicious (next time I'll ask for the (previously) "grilled" chicken to be left off). I do prefer *free* breakfast; though a large cup of fresh strawberries, really good oatmeal with all the trimmings, and a banana came to about $12, that's not bad, really.
Price: The price of most hotels I stay in doesn't fluctuate as much as this one. Sometimes the price is reasonable, and sometimes it's about the same price as the Boulder Marriott (which is a short walk to the Boulder Creek trail, and walking distance to Pearl Street Mall--a long walk, but enjoyable). That's probably the only reason I won't automatically book this hotel every time: I'll check the prices first.
Comfort/Amenities: Everything was clean and in good condition; I like the modern, open lobby (focus on the Bistro) with TVs (Thursday football night was a big celebration, including goodie bags). Odd as it may seem, I enjoyed the fact that I could still hear the Muzak underneath the NFL white noise. My room was exceedingly comfortable (I didn't see any tea but I brought my own), I personally found the pillows awesome, perfect, and abundant. I slept REALLY well and I don't always in hotels. I was disappointed that Starbucks-for-pay trumps free brewed coffee available in the lobby. I have been in hotels that support both. The pool and spa looked clean and inviting; I couldn't actually find the workout room, but I wasn't planning to use it, so I didn't ask anyone.
The good: Charming and helpful staff.
The bad: Poor soundproofing throughout. I had to turn on the TV to escape the normal-voice-level conversation in the connecting room, and I could hear snoring from the non-connecting room. There is NO soundproofing at the doors. Walking down the hall in the morning I could hear everyone's conversations.
Gratuitous comment: Good prairie dog viewing from the parking lot in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room without a connecting door.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
courtyardboulder, General Manager at Courtyard Boulder, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you very much for all your comments regarding your stay with us. Thank you for the detailed descriptions of our property and services. I really do appreciate them and will be sure to share them with our associates.
We hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Texas USA
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We were greeted at check in very nicely and efficiently. The rooms are very spacious and nicely decorated.
The lobby is nice with a few outdoor sitting areas and a nice bistro made available.
Easy airline check in computers available for printing boarding passes.
10 minutes to the Pearl Street walking mall with many shops and places to eat.
We had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Boulder and thank you for posting them on TripAdvisor. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and found the staff and service to your liking. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Boudler.

Vernon Hills, Illinois
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed in for two days as we moved my freshman daughter into CU. We had a king bed with couch. The room was clean, nice and overall facility was very nice. They have a nice courtyard in the center with chairs and sitting area which is really nice. The front desk staff is nice. They have a cafe but there is a charge for food and coffee and closes at 9:30am so you need to time your meal with those hours. They sell coffee and drinks after 9:30am. I would stay here again as parking was easy and location was good. I like this place much better than Boulder Marriott.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay here at theCourtyard by Marriott Boulder.
I am pleased you enjoyed our staff service and our amenities. We look forward to serving you on future visits to Boulder.