“A VERY PLEASANT EXPERIENCE”

Boulder Twin Lakes Inn
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
Delta, Colorado
“A VERY PLEASANT EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I randomly chose to stay at the Boulder Twin Lakes Inn because it is close to where my daughter is residing. What a pleasant surprise it turned out to be! The owner greeted me himself and was so friendly that I felt at home even before I saw the room. The owner obviously takes great pride in his hotel...I saw him all over the place working. The fact that he does so much of the work himself is probably what makes this hotel so affordable. Even if he's not at the desk, he can always be contacted by phone wherever he is on the property. The room was a shock....it was large, very attractive and very clean. The owner told me that every year he and his wife have upgrades done to make the rooms even better. Another surprise was that the price includes a breakfast in the morning. I plan to stay here again the next time I'm in Boulder and plan to recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Johanna N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
New Jersey
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I stayed there in December for a few nights. The room was clean but kind of dingy and obviously hadn't been updated in many years. The ceiling, for instance, was like something you'd see in your office. I was staying alone, and it didn't bother me, but I'm positive that my wife would have called the room depressing. There was a small fridge, which was helpful, and a flat-screen TV with a decent cable selection. The walls were thin. The breakfast wasn't very good. The service was spotty -- nobody was around when I arrived at about 7 p.m., but I found my key in an envelope on the desk. Combine all that with the residential location in an apparently converted office building on the outskirts of town, and the whole place was a little odd. But the price was very cheap, the place was clean, and the bed was comfortable. So if you aren't too picky about aesthetics or aren't going to spend much time in your room, it might be a good choice. It's a 5 to 10 minute drive into the heart of Boulder, and you might have to pay a two or three bucks to park at a parking garage in the center of town. Again, that didn't bother me much. But if you want to be close to the action in Boulder, this is definitely not the place for you. I've stayed at the Boulder Marriott in the past, and that was terrific but much more expensive. There are some other budget motel options right in town, and I would probably look at one of those next time instead of the Twin Lakes.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank SchnoodleDog_10
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I stayed at the Twin Lakes on the first of January and the experience was great. The rooms are very comfortable and large and the staff friendly. It's a nice place to stay if you want to be close enough to the Eldora Ski resort and downtown Boulder. I am recommending this Inn to everybody who wants to have a quality stay on a budget.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank andrei d
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My husband, my mother and her fiance stayed here for one night after the three of them came to Boulder to visit me while I was attending classes at UC-Boulder. I had researched the hotel using past reviews from other TripAdvisor users. I knew that it was a ways from town, was an old office building and there were not elevators. I was completely fine with all that. (I did rate location as poor because, while I wasn't BOTHERED by the drive, it is poorly located.) We arrived at the hotel around 9 or so on a Friday evening after going to a late dinner. There was no hotel employee to be found. We found our name on an envelope at the front desk containing a key and room number. We took our luggage to the room and opened the door to what can only be described as a sauna. It was mid/late July and the room was easily over 80 degrees. Not exactly the relaxing environment we desired in a hotel room. We cranked up the air but it didn't really get cool until the next morning when we were getting ready to check out. You would think they could have turned on the air before they left our keys at the front desk for the weekend. It was a big room but the bathroom was tiny, a shower, toilet and barely enough room to shut the door. There were only two towels in the bathroom for a room with two queen size beds. On one of several trips to the dirty-floored laundry area, I looked for the "extra towels" in the seemingly appropriately labeled cupboards but to no avail. The only thing I found were extra washcloths which is what my husband I resorted to drying ourselves with after our showers the next morning. On all those trips through the hotel, not once did I ever see a single hotel employee. The next morning, my mom and her fiance awoke early to take a walk in the area, still, no hotel employee was anywhere to be found. It was also past the point of the continental breakfast and the room wasn't even unlocked. By the time we checked, we were able to find somebody who was vacuuming to help us check out. Never again will we stay at this establishment and we will tell anybody who will listen to avoid it as well. The price wasn't bad but it was astronomical when you consider we paid for an uncomfortable bed in a hot room where we had to get our own necessities. We would have been better off sleeping in our cars.

Room Tip: The best option for a good room: any room at any other hotel.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Diamond_Debutante
BineshPrasad, Owner at Boulder Twin Lakes Inn, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
I am sorry you had this experience and surprised you did not complain to us about this or write this review right after your stay so we could investigate your complain.. We are always a phone call away no matter where we are. We have regular maintenance on our HVAC units and they perform well. Normally we turn air conditioners on for all late check ins. Again I am sorry for this.
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I stayed at the Twin Lakes in April 2011, and I will stay there again. The staff is friendly, helpful, and the rooms are very spacious and comfortable. It's away from the main area of Boulder, but you'll be glad that you stayed here.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank sketavong
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Located in a residential area, a bit far from the center, we were happy our GPS has been able to take us there in the dark. The hotel is seemingly converted office building. The price was right and hotels closer to the city center were all booked. It is most definitely not Super8 even. The room was quite large with the sink in the room. There was a desk, a fridge, all in the room like a studio apartment in New York. It was clean, and we have no complaints, but somehow unusual. Since we arrived late, the key was waiting for us in an envelope, and in the morning we have deposited signed bill in an envelope and dropped on the desk. We have not encountered a receptionist throughout our 1 night stay. Overall, we were satisfied but a bit mystified.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank sbmvr
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 1 November 2011

i reached at midnight and the keys were kept in the front desk. what i like: the service is prompt and good. The inn keepers are always there whenever you need to call 'em. They provide complementary breakfast and it was also nice. the rooms are clean. They have a kitchen which the guests can use. And there are two bookshelves, and a computer with internet connection which the guests can use.Wifi was also there. Overall it was a nice experience staying there.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business