“Great service, clean, good wifi, great value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of University Inn

and 1 more site!
University Inn
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Boulder
“Great service, clean, good wifi, great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here two nights with a colleague while attending a conference. Rooms were very clean. Jana, who runs the place, was very helpful with a last minute room change (we booked a single bed room by accident). Also, my colleague with whom I was traveling realized he was missing his watch after leaving boulder. Jana and the other staff searched our room immediately after we called the hotel and followed up via email promptly. The watch was later found in my dirty clothes. They also have bikes for guests!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
BoulderCreek, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for your 5 star review- We really appreciate your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Boulder University Inn. I will be sure to share them with Jana as well as our entire team. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

sorry to hear of others stays - was in Boulder on busy holiday week-end. Located in the heart of all things fun in Boulder - the University and Pearl St Mall. The motel is completely remodeled. Nice rooms, bathrooms, fridge, microwave. Staff very accommodating - Was in town for work and they could not have been more helpful. Guiseppe was awesome. I will definitely stay here on my next trip to Boulder.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BoulderCreek, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for your 5 star review of our property, we really appreciate your kind comments. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay, including our location, guest rooms and amenities, as well as our wonderful team members. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel for around 17 days in November 2013. I was on a business trip. Following are the issue I faced.

1. Very poor WIFI connection in room 216, I complained but no improvement.
2. I asked for a cattle to boil some water but they did not give any.
3. There was a CRT TV and very few channels.
4. I was hoping LCD TV with HDMI input at least.

Room Tip: If you are on a long business trip, check for good wifi connection and a TV with HDMI cable so that...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sumitnsit
BoulderCreek, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Boulder University Inn. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We are currently in the processes of upgrading our rooms that will include the items you mentioned in your review. We sincerely hope you will have an opportunity to stay with us again.
Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Quite surprised just how awful my experience was here. My girlfriend and I checked in for a night for some Boulder carousing and never again will select this hotel. First, we get to room and the key doesn't work so back to the front desk to get a key that actually opens the room. Ok, into the room and we find the room to be mind-numbingly cold and I'm someone who likes it cold. I swear the room must have been 50 degrees. Ok so crank the heater and let's get warm...hours later the room at least became lukewarm. Next up, the shower. Had to run the water for 20 minutes until it was finally hot enough to take a shower and thaw out from our freezing cold room. We survied the night, went out to get some coffee in the morning...back to the room well before check-out and once again the key doesn't work....back to front desk, get a key that works...pack up and get the hell outta this hotel!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike C
BoulderCreek, Manager at University Inn, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
We would like to first thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Boulder University Inn and would also like to apologize for the issues you experienced. Boulder has been part of the national vortex of freezing weather, accordingly we made every effort to keep all guest rooms at a warm temperature for not only the comfort of our guests, but also to ensure that pipes would not freeze in the building. Unfortunately, there must have been an issue with the specific heater in your guest room, as it definitely would not take long to heat, and would heat the room very comfortably. In regards to the water heater, the same is true. We believe that the weather unfortunately was the reason for all of the inconveniences you dealt with including your room keys. Please allow me to take this opportunity to apologize again as we take great pride in delivering excellent service and obviously feel short during your stay. We would love the opportunity to talk to you directly so please don't hesitate to call Renee at 303.215.4144 as this experience was completely unacceptable and we would love the opportunity speak directly.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

For business and personal reasons, I had to stay in Boulder for over 5 months. I liked the Colo. Spgs. Broadmoor Hotel but stayed only one night at $1,000 a night. If I had to do this for 5 months it would have been at least $150,000 plus tips.

I found the Boulder University Inn to be perfect in every important way. Of course, the staff did not all wear tuxedos! :-) Everyone was consistent and friendly. Many people stay maybe one or two days for an event. I stayed a great number of days over 5 months and was never disappointed. I am a retired University Professor and have dealt with many people in my life.

I need to stay in Boulder again----- and I know very well where I will stay.

Thank You!
Chicago traveler

Room Tip: Tell the Manager Giuseppe what you need and give him some advanced notice so he can best help you...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ron G
BoulderCreek, Manager at University Inn, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Thank you for the five star review of your recent stay at the Boulder University Inn. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate that you enjoyed the service and friendliness of our wonderful team members. We look forward to welcoming you back if you do find yourself in Boulder, Colorado in the future.
Annapolis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Disappointing stay in Nov. 2013 - visiting Univ of Colorado with my son so chose this hotel for the location near campus and Pearl Street. Room was dated. It was in the 30s which is not cold, but the room was freezing. Heater went on every 5 minutes and air still poured through the bathroom window. Breakfast that was included was so so and had to listen to a woman who had just gotten out of jail and worried about paying her fine. Room was very loud from traffic.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HFT
We are so saddened to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay, as we strive to exceed guest expectations. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay with you directly. Please contact us at your convenience. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to speaking with you.
Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

It was the perfect location for my night in Boulder, and my room was clean. While I have no truly negative comments, those two points are about all that this place has going for it.

It is, IMHO, basically a $45 motel for $100+ per night. Cheap bed (poor support), cheap pillows, cheap wall-mounted shampoo and soap dispensers, cheap and boring 'breakfast,' the cheapest basic cable, cheap and flimsy sink taps, etc. The front desk staff were all very professional and friendly. Parking is a pain - there were more cars than spaces on the night I stayed.

At least two guests were talking loudly outside on their cell phones at 4am. I couldn't back to sleep, so that cost me a couple of hours of rest (not the hotel's fault, but as a consequence I can't say I slept well). Broadway is fairly noisy with traffic, even late at night.

Room Tip: Unless the location is as perfect for you as it was for me, a good room would be one in a different...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo