“Very Good Place”

Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
Cody, United States
“Very Good Place”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Aside from the $75 fee for a single animal, this is a very nice place to stay in Boulder. It is at the far side of a small shopping center so it is out of the way and quiet. The breakfast is good but can get tiresome over many days. The grounds are nice and the walk to the shopping center is only a few hundred feet.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HWSBoulderSales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I'm glad that you enjoyed our quiet and convenient location. We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was our second time staying here, and we love this place!

First, the rooms: clean, fresh, updated. The kitchen has everything you need to cook a simple meal, plus a full-sized refrigerator with freezer. The beds are as comfortable as what I have at home, and I don't have to bring my own pillows because theirs are oh-so-comfortable. The furniture is good for hanging out, and this time we even had a real, live fireplace.

Next, the staff: wonderfully friendly, truly helpful. By the time we reached our room, the message light was already blinking with a message from the front desk wanting to make sure our room was o.k.

And now the property: beautifully landscaped, quiet, and perfectly clean. The best parts about its location are: a) the bike path that runs right along the property (you can walk or jog forever on various connecting paths right from the property); and b) the Safeway that's right next door. You can get everything you need for a simple meal without having to venture out in the car at the end of a long day.

So why did I not tick that fifth "excellent" circle? (I wish there were a half-circle past Very Good so I could have given them four-and-a-half circles.) Just a couple of things: the breakfast left a lot to be desired. I'm used to being able to count on boiled eggs -- or at least a cup of yogurt -- on a breakfast buffet so I can have some protein in addition to the ubiquitous waffle. The breakfast buffet felt more "Days Inn" than "Homewood Suites." I can't speak to the dinner service; we didn't try it on either visit. I know an egg and a cup of yogurt seem like a pretty picky thing to pick on, but it meant that we had to cook our own breakfast in order to get some protein.

The other thing that keeps me from ticking that fifth circle is being charged for "premium" internet. When I've paid over $200 a night for a room, it seems kind of ridiculous to have to pay an additional $4.50 per day for a decent internet connection. It's not like I'm using up a real commodity -- like milk -- so it seems picayune for them to charge me for a gallon of internet.

That said, we will definitely stay here the next time we're in Boulder!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites by Hilton-Boulder! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your suite and it had all the necesarry amenitites to make you feel at home. We are always striving for the best service at our property and am glad you noticed. I apologize that eggs and yogurt were not available to you during your stay, our menu changes daily and sometimes we do not have specific items available, but will always do our best to accommodate our guests. We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Boulder!
Grants Pass, Oregon
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I spent two nights with my five children ages 16-20 at the Homewood Suites in Boulder and found it a great place to stay! The breakfasts were somewhat limited, but good, and the dinners that are provided to the guests were again limited, but quite good indeed! My children were at first skeptical of the dinners, but in the end, they found them very nice. There was a nice warm pool, and the location was excellent to the 16th Street shops, Celestial Seasonings tour, and to hiking at Chautauqua Park and NCAR, all a couple miles away. Overall I'd return here again. Excellent place and excellent value.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HWSBoulderSales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Mark, thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your stay at our property. We are very pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay. As well as the food! We are a limited service hotel but always enjoy hearing our guests enjoy what we provide. We hope you are able to come visit us again soon.
Madison
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Nice suite with comfortable furniture. Friendly staff good breakfast. Very quiet. A bit hard to find, but they emailed me directions a day ahead. Nice park for walking just down Baseline Rd. Didn't use pool or exercise room, but did use computer and printer in the business center. WiFi in room was also fine. Property-wide TV problem was fixed quickly. First time in a Homewood Suites, and I would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay in Boulder. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your first stay in a Homewood Suites! We pride ourselves as a brand in making our guests feel "at home" and hope you did during your stay. We look forward to serving you again, next time you are in Boulder.
seattle, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Don't expect to be able to buy a local newspaper - you will need to hike to the local Safeway to get one if you are a news junkie. Everything else is fine. I like the location - I am retired so I get the shuttle from Denver airport then when I want to go downtown I just ride the bus. The senior fee is like $1.10 - the bus from the airport is $6.50.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Tom, thank you for taking time to review our property. We apologize we did not have a copy of the Boulder Daily Camera during your stay with us. Next time you are in Boulder please let us know you would like a copy and we will happily get you one! Thank you.
New Hampshire
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Hotel is a long way from town and I arrived in the early evening. Would've been great to have the shuttle (that was just sitting there) operating past 5pm to save a drive or $35 in cabs in and out of town. Also, light on bedside table which offered a plug in to allow charging on devices only when it was ON. Which meant that I had to sleep with the light on or loosen the bulb which I did. Dumb and dated technology.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Homewood Suites Boulder. We apologize the shuttle was unavailable for your use after 5pm. We understand your concerns with the bedside lamps and charging capabilities - they are dated. The good news is that we will be undergoing a renovation the beginning of 2015 in which all the bedside lamps will be replaced with updated technology! We do hope you come stay with us again next time you are in Boulder.
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This Homewood Suites seems a bit worn, but staff is friendly. It is a bit hard to get there despite its visibility from a highway into town. Its food area here a nice breakfast is offered is cramped and guests must maneuver around each other to serve themselves. All in all I have stayed at much nicer Homewood Suties.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback. We do send directions to our guests via email prior to arrival due to our odd location. We apologize if you did not receive those prior to your travels as we know we are difficult to find without them.