“Clean, Comfortable Hotel in Boulder” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder

Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Boulder
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Clean, Comfortable Hotel in Boulder”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Homewood in Boulder to spectate a few friends for the Ironman Boulder. It wasn't our first choice, but was available and was a nice surprise. The hotel staff was incredibly friendly and courteous and the hotel common areas were well maintained and clean. The hotel rooms themselves were incredibly large and comfortable. It was just me and my husband and we had more than enough room...too much actually (not a bad thing). The breakfast was top notch and the coffee wonderful. The only draw back was that you have to drive to Pearl Street, but the trade off is almost worth it for the comfort and cleanliness of this property. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for a room on the opposite side of the pool (street side versus courtyard).
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HWSBoulderSales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay over the IRONMAN weekend! That was an exciting event and we were so excited to host the participants and spectators! We always love to hear when our guests are pleasantly surprised with the amenties and feel comfortable in their suites. We are looking forward to hosting you again at the Homewood Suites Boulder!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Plymouth, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I made my reservations in May for arrival in July. Upon arrival I was very disappointed. I had booked in may and ask for a couple of 2 bedroom suites. I was told they only had 1-2bedroom suite and 1-1 bedroom suite. I ask if they could at least be adjoining. I was told they do not have adjoining suites. It was my son his wife and baby his teen son, my other son with his teen son and daughter and myself. We needed a lot of beds. Basically 7 adults.
When we went to the 2 bedroom suite I noticed the bedroom which I was to sleep in had an adjoining room. I went down and ask if we could have the adjoining room and was told it was ooccupied. The person at the desk said I should have ask for it when I made the reservations I said I did! Then she said I should have made my reservations sooner.

That said the rooms were older and outdated but clean. The breakfast was quite good. We did not try the evening meals. The beds were comfortable except for the coverlets which kept slipping when sleeping. We finally removed them and put them in the chest.
On the first day we left a tip in the room for housekeeping. The second day we did the same. When we came back to our rooms the tips were gone but the rooms was not cleaned? We did not leave a tip again until the day we left.
The kids did enjoy the pool.

Location
HWSBoulderSales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you so much for your review regarding your one week stay in Boulder. I apologize for the room confusion and that it was not handled appropriately. i'm glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and found the beds and pillows comfortable. We are looking forward to seeing you the next time you are in Boulder!
Anywhere, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Rooms smelled AFTER they were "cleaned" Cold, horrible coffee...thank goodness for Starbucks inside of Safeway. Tiny pool and the gym at my house is better/bigger. Forget about the bikes...you can't use them. No safe in room...why?!?! $380 a night for a 2 BR 2 BA suite...are you kidding me? Not a 4 star hotel....2 1/2- 3 if that!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites-Boulder. I would like to personally apologize for the issues you had with your stay. These are not common issues that we have and they certainly should be addressed. We are constantly refreshing our coffee to ensure that it is hot and ready for our guests at all hours of the day, but are also conveniently located around the corner from Starbucks so our guests have beverage options. I am sorry that the size of our pool and gym did not meet your standards, however, we are located next to the Colorado Athletic Club and they have a full size olympic pool and gym. We hope that you will give the Homewood Suites another change the next time you are in Boulder.
Fayetteville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Our stay was very comfortable at the Homewood Suites. The room was spacious and perfect size for traveling with a baby, as the bedroom and living room are separated by french doors. The hotel staff provided a pack and play and the air conditioner was great at cooling the room and providing white noise. We also enjoyed the location - it was a quick 5-10 minute drive to most things we wanted to do while in Boulder. We would definitely stay here again if in the Boulder area, and will also look for Homewood Suites in other locations as we travel in the future. The complimentary breakfast was nice. I have to avoid a lot of foods (e.g. gluten, dairy, eggs) so hotel breakfasts are difficult for me. However, there were enough choices for me to find enough to eat, with breakfasts meats and fruits and such.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay in August with us! I'm glad that you found out hotel a perfect place for traveling with your baby and our amenenites and suites met your needs! We are looking forward to seeing you the next time you are in Boulder and are delighted to hear that you will continue to stay with Homewood Suites in the future! Thank you again!
Slidell, La
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here for a week while exploring the area. We have stayed in numerous extended stay hotels and this is one of the best! Rooms were quite spacious and tastefully furnished and there was ample storage space. Beds were very comfortable and had 4 pillows from which to choose. Despite the fact that this hotel is located behind a shopping center, it was very quiet. The shopping center has 3 restaurants open at dinner( Italian, Indian, and Chinese), a grocery store a liquor store and a drugstore. Location wise this hotel is conveniently located near the university and the highways that lead into downtown. The food served at breakfast and dinner (Mon-Thurs) was wonderful! The dinner is a real dinner, not a light snack. They had an entree, soup, salad, vegetables, bread and dessert every night and the menu changed daily. The breakfast buffet every morning also had a big variety of tasty food, all well prepared. Every day there was a fresh baked pastry item that was as good as you would get at a high priced bakery!
There were a few minor issues. The gym is very small for such a large complex, only 3 machines. Also, some of the furniture in the rooms is beginning to show signs of age. However everything else was so good that I give it 5 stars!

Room Tip: Upper floor to cut down on any potential noise from overhead room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our property. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed our "spacious rooms and great food". The size of our rooms fit comfortably for both our extended stay and short term guests and we are always trying new recipies for our Breakfast and Welcome Home Reception. I appreciate you bringing to our attention that the furniture is beginning to show age-we are very excited to announce that we are expecting a full renovation within in the next couple years! We are looking forward to hosting you again at the Homewood Suites Boulder!
San Antonio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had a good stay at this property. The staff is particularly friendly and helpful. We would recommend it unless you would like to be close to the pedestrian area of Pearl Street. It is not all that far but not in walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HWSBoulderSales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff was friendly and helpful. We are located roughly 3 miles from Pearl Street which could make a bit of a far walk. We hope that you consider staying with us again in the future!
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

After staying at a hotel for many nights, you get to know some of the staff and they see you there more than usual. You also get to see personalities! Most were very pleasant and we appreciated them. We enjoyed staying at this hotel and appreciated the morning and evening meals. The pool was very convenient and there are grocery stores, bakery, Italian Restaurant, workout facilities, and a strip mall all within a half block of the property. Not to mention the views of the Front Range and Flatirons.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the highway side, it's quiet in the middle of the night, but noisy the res...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for allowing us to host you during your long term stay! We love getting the opportunity to know our guests while they are staying with us and want us to feel like they are part of our family. I'm so happy that your found our convenient location accommodating to your needs and that you enjoyed the meals at the hotel. We hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again!