“Good Choice”

Holiday Inn Express Boulder
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Hotel was clean & staff was nice. The room was ready so they let us check in early. The outdoor pool was small but there were some kids who enjoyed it. The room was a large size with queen bed, pull out sofa bed, kitchenette with cabinets, microwave, mini fridge & small sink. Bed was comfortable, we didn't need the pull out. Was a good size room for a group of 4 to hang out. The TV comes with a video game system which I thought was cool but it was like 6.99/game so we just watched cable. I didn't have the breakfast so I can't review that but they do have popcorn, cookies, tea and coffee available all day. Location was convenient to some restaurants/bars and the bus to downtown for night life.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Emily S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Boulder, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thanks for your review and we're happy we could be apart of your Colorado experience! Please feel free to contact me directly for future bookings. Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Boulder

Reviewed 26 August 2013

The HIE in Boulder is located on the northern side of Boulder and is a bit out of the way, but still not too far a drive to the center of Boulder. Staff I interacted with were all nice. Hotel is clean overall although as other reviewers have commented – getting a bit run down. My room had a big chunk of shee trock out of the ceiling for what I am assuming was a leak repair. The breakfast area is too small for the amount of people trying to use it. Breakfast is typical HEI fare – not too bad.
If you are into the craft beer scene in Boulder you have to go to the Upslope Brewery on Lee Hill Rd just east of the hotel. Fun place!
I have stayed at the hotel several times over the past few years and will continue to when in Boulder.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Emily S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Boulder, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We totally agree with you about Upslope! We even offer a package through the hotel for Upslope. It includes a gift card, pint glass, and lodging all for a discounted price.

Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Boulder is always a pleasure. The staff is always helpful and courteous and go the extra mile when asked. The breakfast in the morning is always delicious and the scents of popcorn and cookies in the afternoon and evening always put a smile on my face. I stay in nearly 30 hotels a year, and I always say, ""The Holiday Inn Express is my favorite hotel on the road."

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for your review and we will keep those cookies and popcorn ready and waiting for your next stay.

Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed one night on a business trip because I couldn't find a hotel closer in location to my destination. I arrived later in the evening and was not impressed with the first look. The place looked a little run down. However the front desk service was excellent! I joined the membership club and was provided with complementary snacks and a bottle of water. Cookies were provided in the lobby as an extra nice touch. When I entered the room I was not happy to be on the first floor but did not experience any problems associated with ground floor rooms like noise, bugs, sercurity concerns. Although the room needed some updating it had a small kitchenette and I found everything to be clean and functional. Unfortunately I think one of the things that needs an upgrade was the bed which was just OK. Also the airconditioner was noisey and did not maintain a constant temperature through the night. The bathroom was an unexpected pleasure as it appeared to be somewhat updated, was spacious, and the tub/shower worked very well. In the morning a complementary breakfast was provided and although the room was small and servicing a large number of people I found the food to be tastey and satisfying. This hotel is OK for one night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boulder, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear mikeinintegra,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and appreciate your feedback.

I am sorry to hear your issues with the bed and the air conditioning system, I sincerely apologize for the shorfalls. Nevertheless, I am delighted that you were satisfied with most of the features provided.

We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 August 2013

My sister-in-law and I were planning a family trip to run the BolderBoulder when my husband's brother (her husband) tragically passed away. We still booked rooms and she tried to insist we go, but amidst picking up the pieces we couldn't train and ultimately decided not to go. When we tried to cancel our room we were told we had locked in a rate and couldn't cancel, but could reschedule. Thinking (reasonably) that in the next few months once we explained they would let us cancel, we rescheduled. After 3 months of back-and-forth I was told they would now gladly cancel our reservation once they receive a faxed copy of the death certificate which I am not even going to attempt to get from my grieving family. So our rescheduled reservation this weekend is paid for and empty. Thanks Holiday Inn, needless to say the next time we are in Boulder we will be staying at the Marriott.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Emily S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Boulder, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you for you review and let my start by saying that I am sorry for your loss.

We do understand that, when it come's to travel, no matter much you plan, you can never plan for the unexpected.

For that very reason, when it comes to reservations that are non-cancelable, no changeable, we will make exceptions from time to time. As a courtesy, we did offer to change the reservation and allow for you to use it on a different date within 90 days of the original reservation, no questions asked. When you explained the circumstances of your situation was explained, three months later, we did offer to cancel the reservation. Please be aware that we do need something in writing for our records as to why the reservation was canceled.

Again, I am very sorry for your loss.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed here one night after the Colorado Shakespeare Festival on our way up to Rocky Mountain National Park. The room was very clean and large. It's sort of far from things, so if you're staying a few days and want to be close to things, know that it is a ways out. As other reviewers have said, the breakfast isn't great, but the lady running it is very nice. Comfy beds, etc.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Emily S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Boulder, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing the cleanliness of our rooms. I will say, I am surprised to hear that you did not care for our breakfast options. Please be aware that is a Deluxe Continental breakfast, which means that it is more then just cold buffet options, but it's not a full service breakfast. We do offer a variety of choices, made daily, ranging from eggs, bacon, sausages, pancakes, omelets, biscuits and gravy.

Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed here for four nights and we found it to be ok, not bad and not great. The rooms were clean but the front rest was often unstaffed. The breakfast wasn't very good but the lady running it was very friendly. There are a couple of places, to eat within walking distance otherwise you will need to drive, which can be a hassle in Boulder.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Emily S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Boulder, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize that your experience wasn't fully positive. We try and make sure every stay an enjoyable one.
I was surprised to hear that you did not care for our breakfast options. We offer a variety of options, made daily, that range from eggs, bacon, sausages, pancakes, omelets, biscuits and gravy, and several different cereal options. I do agree with you though about our breakfast clerk. She is amazing and we love to hear great things about her. I will make sure to pass this review on to her as well.

Thanks and we look forward to making your next stay a positive one.