“Nice, clean, friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express Boulder
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Boulder
“Nice, clean, friendly staff”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The hotel was a nice. It was clean. It was very easy checking in and out. The staff was very helpful and friendly. There is a nice little gym. There is a very nice little pool. There was a very good selection at the free breakfast each morning - much more than I've ever seen at a free continental breakfast. It was quick and easy to get to anywhere I wanted to go in Boulder from there. Overall, if you don't need to stay in the plushest hotel with the latest decor, then this was a great value!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Emily S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Boulder, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and the positive review about your recent stay. I'm so excited to hear that check-in was super efficient and that you feel that the staff and facilities were great! I can't wait to share your review with my staff!

I agree with you on the breakfast, I personally enjoy a different treat each morning.
Thanks again for your review and we look forward to your next stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel was modern, quiet and comfortable. I liked that it was off the beaten path and away from the main downtown area. Breakfast was not great. The service was fine, not stellar, but certainly not subpar.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. We are located in northern part of Boulder, right at the base of the Foothill Mountains. We are located next to several trails such as the Wonderland Lake path, which is located behind the hotel. Although we are a little 'off the beaten path' we are still able to provide another side of the true Boulder experience.

Our breakfast changes daily, so I'm sorry your experience wasn't stellar. We value our guest's opinions and I will work with our breakfast clerk to guarantee that all guests experiences are positive ones.
Sydney
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel was friendly and clean. The quality of the room was good too. It just lacked that something. It was a nice touch for the staff to provide guests with popcorn and cookies but if you want some atmosphere stay closer to the town.

The breakfast was average. The biggest turn off was the plastic plates, bowls and utensils. It can't be that hard to stick some crockery in a dishwasher. The environment will thank you as well.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your review and I'm sorry you didn't have the overall amazing experience that we aim for. Although the Holiday Inn Express is not located downtown, we are only 3 miles away up Broadway. Additionally, we are located in North Boulder (or NoBo) which has many local shops and an atmosphere all its own. Local coffee shops, bakeries, creameries, and an award winning brewery are all within walking distance of the hotel.

In regards to supplying crockery, due to Boulder health standers we have found that after weighing both cost and health code restrictions, plastic dishwasher is the best option for our guests. However we do believe that we have a social responsibility to the environment, so we have focused on doing our part in different ways. We have built a 'Conserving for Tomorrow' program, where we focus on the conservation of water and decreased use of detergent that goes back into the environment.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to another opportunity to offer our services and amenities.
Hancock, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The rooms were clean & comfortable. The staff was friendly & helpful. there were homemade cookies each evening! The continental breakfast was excellent with a staff member replenishing items as they got low. There were quite a few tables for dining.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Emily S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Boulder, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thanks so much for your review. I personally, love those cookies as well! We make them every night and we've been experimenting in trying out different varieties along with the amazing classic chocolate chip ones.

Thanks again for your review and we'll keep the cookies warm and waiting for your next visit.
Islip, NY
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This was my second time staying in this hotel in the past year and will definitely stay here when I go back to Boulder. Hotel is clean and very well kept. The staff is AMAZING! They are all pleasant and helpful, whether you are in need of a bottle of water or a recommendation for dinner they are more than willing to help.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review and we are pleased that we were able to accommodate for your recent visit. We love having repeat guests and build our relationship. Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay.
Groveland, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We never even got to see the hotel. Concerned about the problems Boulder has had with the weather and flooding I called to check on the condition of the hotel. Imagine my surprise when I was informed that our reservation had been cancelled. I was then told that the hotel was completely booked for the next two weeks. I had put the room on hold and the following day my husband called, within the 24 hour period to confirm the reservation. The hotel staff managed to not complete the reservation. They also made it pretty clear that it had to be my fault. I have my original email with confirmation number. Thanks Holiday Inn Express. It is now Saturday and we leave Tuesday. I'm glad I called.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hippychic123
Emily S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Boulder, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
I would like to start by apologizing for the miscommunication. Due to the emergency situation that is occurring, our main focus his been assisting the evacuees and helping our community that is in need. Please be aware that we value all reservations.

Additionally we offer a 24hr hold for our guests convince. This hold does require that you reach out to our 1-800 number, our front desk, or even go online and complete your reservation within that 24hr period. If you do not reach out within that 24hr window, your hold will be released. Our records show that there was not any activity on your ‘reservation’ except when you originally established the hold. Because we are currently experience an influx of reservations, when your reservation was released, it was then made available for an evacuee in need.

Again, I apologize for the miscommunication. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any additional questions or comments.

Travellers are raving about these Boulder hotels

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Hotel was clean & staff was nice. The room was ready so they let us check in early. The outdoor pool was small but there were some kids who enjoyed it. The room was a large size with queen bed, pull out sofa bed, kitchenette with cabinets, microwave, mini fridge & small sink. Bed was comfortable, we didn't need the pull out. Was a good size room for a group of 4 to hang out. The TV comes with a video game system which I thought was cool but it was like 6.99/game so we just watched cable. I didn't have the breakfast so I can't review that but they do have popcorn, cookies, tea and coffee available all day. Location was convenient to some restaurants/bars and the bus to downtown for night life.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Emily S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Boulder, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thanks for your review and we're happy we could be apart of your Colorado experience! Please feel free to contact me directly for future bookings. Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay!