“Oxygen”
Review of The O2 Lounge

The O2 Lounge
Ranked #77 of 159 Restaurants in Breckenridge
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Description: The O2 Lounge is an Oxygen Bar, Coffee Shop and Internet Café located in the high altitude mountain town of Breckenridge, CO. Our Oxygen sessions (with aromatherapy) alleviate the symptoms caused by our high altitude environment. They also help with jet lag, recovery from exercise, headaches and even hangovers! Breathe in store or rent one of our Oxygen machines for use at your hotel or condo. We also have portable O2 cans to take with you when you are skiing, biking etc. Our Espresso bar serves Illy espresso drinks as well as hot teas, hot chocolate, smoothies and sodas. The lounge is cozy and comfy with sofas, TV, music, Jenga and Dominoes to keep you entertained while you relax and recover with our Oxygen. Print or email from our PCs in store if you need.
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Well worth a visit if you even fell slightly light headed, two 30 minute shots of O2 over a ten day trip made me feel great, Breckenridge is a high resort so be careful with altitude sickness.

The O2 lounge is a must just don't buy the tins of oxygen they don't work and are expensive, just do the in house 30minute treatment

3  Thank monkey170
GuyHudson, Owner at The O2 Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Hi monkey170. Thanks for your positive review. I'm really glad that you enjoyed The O2 Lounge and felt great after our O2 sessions. I just wanted to clarify that the cans of Oxygen we sell are designed to be used like little rescue inhalers when you are being active. You can carry them with you when skiing etc. and take a few breaths when you get winded. Obviously if you are really feeling the altitude you'll get much more Oxygen and benefit from breathing in store as you did, or renting one of our O2 machines. I train the staff to explain this to customers but if that wasn't made clear to you when you visited I apologise. I hope we'll see you back in Breckenridge, and The O2 Lounge, in the future.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Had really bad altitude sickness for days and tried the oxygen bar. It worked so I came back a couple more times while I was there. Loved the smoothies they served and left happier than I did when I came in. The only downside is that they have odd hours, I don't think it opened until noon!

Hi sindelmq. Thanks for your positive review on The O2 Lounge. I'm really pleased we helped you out and the O2 kept you feeling well. I just wanted to clarify that our opening hours are 10am to 10pm everyday. I keep a close eye on the staff and am confident they have been showing up on time, however, if you came along and found the store closed when it should have been open let me know when and I'll look into it. Thanks again and we hope to see you back in Breckenridge soon.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Wish I would have known about O2 Lounge on first day I came to Breckenridge. After 1-1/2 hours XC skiing in area on first day in area found I could not sleep at all that night. Have had altitude sickness effects before but not to this extent. After learning of this neat downtown lounge had 30 minutes of stronger oxygen and was much better for remaining nights. I did follow up visit next night also. Didn't get to try the drinks they offer which all look good, next time! Open until 10 pm which worked well after a day at slopes and in woods or just shopping.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We drove to Breckenridge after shopping in Frisco all day, I had a terrible headache since arriving in the mountains and never quite seemed to catch my breath. We did a 15 minute treatment and our hotel had a free 10 minute card, so we got 25 minute service for 13 bucks. We'd been to one at the Mall of America before, but it was very different, nicer place, more relaxing. This place was nice, looked like a causal coffee bar or something. We were the only customers and got there 45 mins before it closed. They had tons of places to sit, including the bar, leather couches, standing bar, at the computers, etc. They have tvs going so you can just sit back and watch tv breathing in the extra oxygen. It really did make my headache go away, I felt better after doing it.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This is an interesting place. The espresso was very good and Oxygen is the order of the day. Very useful if you are having trouble with the altitude.