Hilton Diamond Services passed this to me as a new property....oh boy was I shocked! I was looking for properties that allowed me to bring my dogs. I checked in after a 15 minute wait about 6 pm on a Friday nite (the wait was because only one person was on duty)and had ALREADY payed half of the 2 nights upfront when I made the reservation and was told it was non-refundable.The manager asked me what did Hilton Diamond tell me what the pet fee was ? I raised my eyes in disbelief and said $30 dollars.I got the impression as if he was going to charge me some ridiculous number. It was strange but I was charged more per night by a few dollars than what my reservation and half paid for was done over the phone a week before over the phone.I let it go and asked where the carts were to bring my luggage up .The person on duty told me it would be a awhile as they preferred to keep the carts locked up and he was the only one on duty and had other people to take care of first!So we went up to the room after 2 elevators and maze hallways which had that 70s feeling. I opened the door tot he room and was totally disappointed.I went back through the maze and 2 elevators and back to the front desk .I told the person on duty the room was unacceptable as it had worn carpet and an awful smell and loud view of the roof tops of lower floors. He said well that Is an upgraded room for Diamond Members with pets, I said "really? Why dont we go up and take a look at it?" He said i am the only person here and can not leave the front desk ...I said is there a hotel manager on duty ....he said "I AM THE MANAGER" ....I said its Labor Day weekend in Breckenridge at a Hilton property and your the only one working ? He said there is not much I can do for you. I said let me call Hilton Diamond ans see what they want to do as spend over 100 nights a year in there properties and I am not spending all weekend in that room...also how would you like the survey to go that I ma sure I am going to get? He said hang up I think .I might have another room for you .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Breckenridge is a true mountain experience offering views of the majestic Rocky Mountains. Our full service hotel is directly across the street from Peak 9 of the world renowned Breckenridge ski resort. The chair lift is within walking distance from the hotel. We are also only a 10-minute walk to historical Main Street where you can find a variety of shops, dining options and exciting Gold Rush history! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Breckenridge Hotel Breckenridge
- Great Divide Hotel
- Great Divide Breckenridge