“Lovely Stay...Great Location!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Lovely Stay...Great Location!”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I had a great stay here! It's close to everything in Breckenridge which made it easy to get around because you could walk just about anywhere. I valeted my car and didn't use it much of the stay. The rooms were very clean and spacious. I had a great night's sleep and the staff is very courteous. They also have a Cadillac Shuttle that will take you around the area for FREE. I never had to use it but it was good to know the option was available.

Overall I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Chris T, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
I would like to thank you for your review of your recent stay. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our location and our staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 14 January 2013

The staff at Double Tree Breckenridge was so welcoming and inviting. Their hospitality made my business trip feel like a vacation!

I was in charge of scheduling a 15 person offsite for my company, and Erin from Conference Services in the Double Tree made the planning a breeze. She recommended lunch options, took care of all the set up and tear down. She really took the work out of planning this event. I was able to enjoy my time in Breckenridge instead of worrying about meeting details and accommodations for my team.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree in Breckenridge. I am delighted that our staff made your trip a great experience. Please visit us again soon!
Elizabeth, Colorado
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We decided at the last minute to do quick overnight trip to Breck to ski. Normally do day trips several times a season (season ticket holder) but friends were staying overnight in a condo & decided to look for a room too. I figured that the Doubletree would be booked but guess not ... Maybe it was a HH diamond bene? Anyway, got a nice King room with a view.

The staff here was great. We got to Breck early (8am) on Sat morn. Obviously our room was not ready so we parked the car at the hotel and headed off to Coppertop/Beaver Run/Peak 9. About midday I called the desk to see if we could get into our room...not ready yet but got on the short list for housekeeping. Called again about 2 and we were good! The valet had someone (Patrick, I think) go to our car and get our bags and bring them to our room (Thank You!)

The room was huge! Not sure why, but we had two King beds and a sitting area with a sofa and 2 chairs. The bathroom was typical hotel size, not too small but not huge. There was a mini fridge and wet bar area. There is an indoor pool and 3 outdoor hot-tubs that we did not have time to use (darn).

I did not notice the wear & tear that others have mentioned. Actually, everything seemed pretty up to date, clean and neat.

The only "Cons" I can mention are this:
The elevator for our wing was all the way at the end of the long hallway, nowhere near the lobby. So it seems to be a constant stream of people walking up and down this long hallway to wait on this sole elevator. We discovered quickly that the stairs were a much better idea. And we had the bell cap (Patrick(?) again, thank you) come get our bags on Sunday.

Second sort-of Con would be the breakfast. The food itself was good - made-to-order omelet and the requisite buffet breakfast foods. But the room is too crowded with tables. I can't complain too much because I had (diamond) coupons for my breakfast and only had to pay $6 for the full buffet upgrade. But those paying full price ($20 each) for the full buffet should expect a little more elbow room. We had to try really hard to not bump into tables and chairs when maneuvering around the restaurant and buffet line.

Overall, a very nice stay. Efficient check-in, nice room, super nice people... We'll stay there again!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review of your recent experience. I am so happy that you enjoyed your two king Mountain View room. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while dining in our restaurant for breakfast. I hope that you visit us again this winter season!
Morristown, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Staff was very friendly and responsive. Large comfortable clean room with double beds. Valet park only option was a little annoying. Shuttle to and from town fun and friendly experience. A pleasant quick stay option for skiers.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our staff. We hope that you visit us again soon!
Erie co
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We found the staff very friendly and accommodating. Room with 2 queens was nice and big enough. The beds were very comfortable. The insulation between rooms and hall was very minimal so you could hear everything especially with noisy late night arriving guests after the bars closed. Very convent for walking over to the slopes since they are one resort away from the slope. They do charge $25 to keep your car each day but it does cost $15 across the street for just day parking and here your car is inside and warm.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Chris T, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this review, 13 January 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am so happy that you enjoyed our friendly staff and our convenient location. We hope to see you again this winter!
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Well enough is said about the elevator layout. We didnt find it really disturbing and no unacceptable waiting times. The service is really at a high level and very friendly and helpfull personell. The hotel is ideal for skiing as its just crossing a parking lot to step on the slope.
Close to main street. Huge rooms with a superb bed!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jan G
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our location and that you had a great stay. I will be sure to pass this review along for all of our staff to see. We hope you visit us again soon!
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed 10 January 2013

It is located close to the slopes, and that is probably the best asset of the hotel. Besides that it, the service is subpar. Had lunch in the Restaurant and they only had one person working, the service was slow and the food very average.
The place keeps nickel and diming you for more money. It is $25 to park per day to park or your screwed, just include it in the price.
Watch out for the Valet George, he will take all of the spare change out of you car.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Chris T, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at the DoubleTree. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.