We were here for only one night (Feb 23), so take the review as you will, but we were very happy with the experience. All staff we encountered were friendly and welcoming (including cleaning staff in hallways that normally look right through you), especially the car valets. We requested a low floor (due to reviews about multiple elevators) but none were available for early check-in so we took a room on 9th floor. Honestly, it wasn't a big deal to use two elevators and walk down some hallways. Maybe if we had been there for a week we would have tired of it, but like another reviewer said, I'd rather walk down some halls than have to drag ski gear a block away. Which brings us to location- GREAT for skiing - literally walk out the front door, cross the street and a small parking lot and you're almost at the base of Peak 9. Put on skis and ski down to Quicksilver lift. Used online Epic Pass, had to do nothing but start skiing! Location isn't the greatest for walking into town, however Hilton has an on-demand shuttle that will drop-off and pick-up as needed. You CAN walk, but it's uphill when returning to hotel from town and surprisingly can be a struggle at that altitude. Shuttle and Breck buses worked fine!
Room was very nice, had everything we needed and king bed was very comfortable.
Valet car service - yes, you must pay to have your car valet parked. BUT, valet service was fast, friendly, efficient and you can take your car in and out of valet as many times as you want for the fee each day. Note, you don't have access to your car in the garage, however, if you need something from your car (or, like us, want to check-out, put bags in car and then keep skiing) the guys will bring your car around front and let you do what you need and then return it to the garage --no attitude, no impatience, just great service! (I felt a little bad...we had them do this a couple of times..)
Due to short stay, we didn't use any hotel amenities except for the free breakfast for Gold HH members- it was fine. For what it's worth, we've already reserved a room for a longer stay next February.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Breckenridge is a true mountain experience offering views of the majestic Rocky Mountains. Our full service hotel is directly across the street from Peak 9 of the world renowned Breckenridge ski resort. The chair lift is within walking distance from the hotel. We are also only a 10-minute walk to historical Main Street where you can find a variety of shops, dining options and exciting Gold Rush history! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Breckenridge Hotel Breckenridge
- Great Divide Hotel
- Great Divide Breckenridge