“Was a nice queen room but I had reserved a king.” 4 of 5 bubbles

DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
cuero, Texas
“Was a nice queen room but I had reserved a king.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

This place has just been remodeled . The rooms are very nice and comfortable. But I reserved a king and got two queen's...not good for whomever is the manager of reservations...poor management at the least...my husband has restless legs so we had to sleep in separate beds for our 44rth wedding anniversary trip!
We traveled at time when it was rainy so we were not hot at all. None of the hotels in the area have AC.
The shuttle that takes you to town and back is very punctual and will take and pick you up with just a call. That is very convenient since parking is very challenging in the area
All in all ..I would stay there again but I think I would have them take an oath in blood that I get a king bed.

Room Tip: I would get a mountain view room with a balcony..never stay in an interior room
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Westminster, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Restroom is VERY SMALL. The bathroom door struck the toilet each time it was opened. You had to close the door in order to use the toilet. Allowed only one person in the bathroom it was so small. AC was not working and had to use a fan that was located on the exterior window frame. Dog barking in an adjoining room. Took over 30 minutes to get our breakfast after placing our order. I would not stay at the location in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Grayslake, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Hotel is under renovation. Got a renovated room. No air in hotel. So they fix that by providing a window fan and blowing air in from outside. Unfortunately my room was an inner room overlooking the kitchen vents and so that blows in smoke and cooking smells. I had a warm night therefore. Great location and nice hotel or it will be once the work is done but ask for an outside room.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

I stayed here in 2005 and was disappointed, but had to stay here on business this time. Now that it is under new ownership (Double Tree) and has been renovated I enjoyed my two night stay. The layout of the hotel is quirky as it is built on a hill side and parking may be an issue for some people (though I did not have any problems with it). It is in a good location as it is within walking distance to town and the slopes. I don't often sleep well in hotels, but had a great night sleep both nights here. The bed, pillows, and linens were quite comfortable. The room was a basic hotel room, but roomy and clean. No real view from the rooms I've stayed in and as far as I can tell there probably aren't many with a view.
The pool and spas are hardly worth the effort, but little kids may have fun.

Room Tip: This is a quirky room lay out due to being built on a hill side so I can't really give any sugge...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Waukesha, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

I am presently at the hotel. I was given a renovated room and it is fairly spacious. The bathroom, however, is tiny and the door actually hits the toilet when it is opened. I was not given any sort of an update despite my diamond status. I have no balcony, and no view to speak of. I was given breakfast coupons which are apparently only good for the cold buffet. However, the waitress did tell me that first thing this morning so I knew it would be an additional $6.00 for the hot items. I think the restaurant staff are very friendly. The front desk staff leaves a lot to be desired. They had a room put aside for me without an upgrade but it was on the 9th floor which would require changing elevators at the 7th floor. I asked for an upgrade but he said they were COMPLETELY SOLD OUT. Nonetheless, when I complained about a room which required a change of elevators, he "found" a room for me on the 6th floor. So I am very skeptical about this claim of sold out. I also don't believe it because there aren't that many people around today. Another negative is that it seems that housekeeping doesn't make it to my room until about 3:30 PM. It's hard to believe that the room isn't cleaned in the morning. So I would rate this particular Doubletree a mixed bag. Very young and untrained front desk people but the rooms are modern. Oh, by the way, there is no A/C in the rooms. Now if you follow their "rules" given upon check in and run the fan from the 2" cracked window, the room will cool off overnight. Although Beaver Run next door could use a facelift, I think I will continue to stay there for the much, much larger rooms with nice balconies and well trained staff.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

All over town there's a lot they don't tell you. The Doubletree is just one more. We went to the breakfast bar and, after we'd eaten, we were billed $15 ( for cereal???!!!). We had thought, and many others too, it was complementary. The following day we decided, what the heck, and ate there even though it was grossly overpriced. No sign at the breakfast bar either.

Imagine my surprise when we were billed $20.00 because we took something from "the hot side" ( some eggs and bacon). Wow! This, added to the very poor housekeeping service, left us never wanting to go back and warn everyone we know. I believe the breakfast thing is probably in fine print somewhere. We were there for a "wedding rate" and I wonder the $ difference between the "wedding rate" and the "regular rate." Perhaps that's why our room was never really vacuumed. We have always enjoyed Doubletree Inns in other cities but this one seemed a lot different. Perhaps if they old people up front about the issues when the reservation is made it could help. It seemed as though it was designed to trick you.

Room Tip: Inspect it first. I found a pocket knife under the mattress and a magazine.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Salida, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have stayed at DoubeTree's all over the country and I was pretty disappointed in my stay here. The front desk staff was sub-par and the room was average. After checking in I made my way to my room only to find that my key didn't work. Once I was able to get into my room I discovered that even though I have Gold status I had a view of mechanical boxes in front of my deck (which had a very obstructed view) and the front desk staff had not given me my breakfast vouchers. I placed a call to the front desk and was pleased to find they had a staff change and the new front desk attendant was kind enough to run the vouchers up to my room.

Although it sounds like the rooms have been upgraded, they still felt outdated. The bedding was nice, the layout of the room was awkward and the bathroom was barely big enough for the door to open.

The continental breakfast was decent and the staff was attentive. Unfortunately on the second morning I discovered that the restaurant didn't open until 7am so I was unable to grab breakfast before taking off.

I left this hotel feeling a bit disappointed and will likely choose to stay somewhere else next time I pass through Breck.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business