“Aging hotel desperately needs upgrades”

DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 September 2013

A beautiful setting overlooking Breckenridge, but the facility desperately needs renovation. Elevators breaking down, wings of the building that do not connect, parking garage entry breakdowns, and generally very worn appearance take away from what could be a great hotel in a great location. The attentive staff profusely apologizes for each problem but is unable to solve them.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Write a ReviewReviews (1,657)

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We were traveling in September and this is definitely a very quiet time in Breckenridge. The Doubletree hotel is very nice and we had a huge room. A lot of TripAdvisor reviewers have complained about the small bathrooms. Yes, it was small, but not oppressively and there was a wet bar (read: extra sink) right outside the bathroom.

I don't often mention particular staff members in my reviews, but I can't help but mention Cody at the front desk. He delivered all the needed information, lots of helpful hints and a big smile. He should be promoted.

The only annoyance was the poor valet parking guy, who really, really, really wanted to valet park our car, but we really, really, really wanted to park it ourselves - which we did (but still paid the $15).

Reviewed 12 September 2013

The Doubletree is a great hotel with a grat locaton.
My son and I had a short getaway in Breckenridge over Labor Day weekend. The hotel staff was extremely welcoming and treated us great.
The rooms are large, spacious and extremely clean.
I truely appreciated the bottle of water in lieu of the traditional Doubletree cookie!
I cannot wait until ski season!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed several nights up in Breckenridge Colorado at the Doubletree hotel. We had stayed years ago at the property when it was a Hilton, and since then it has been Remodeled. The staff was welcoming and the stay was very relaxing. The front desk personnel recommended a spa for getting a massage, and it proved to be well worth the money and time. Restaurant choices were great, with the standout being "Relish" on Main street. the wildflowers were beautiful, and the afternoon rains were refreshing.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor.
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I attended a Wedding in Breckenridge. It was just an over night but was saved by the cookie as wedding was at 2pm with champaign and dinner was not until 5pm. After party was at local pub and the staff got me there on a shuttle. Lots of libations, appreciated the black out curtains and incredibly confortable bed. Staff was very kind.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and wish it could have been more. Rooms are extremely roomy, beds were very comfy, and within walking distance of downtown. It was a long way from the lobby to the elevator for our floor however. Continental breakfast was top notch.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed here for a wedding. I used to love the old Doubletrees but I feel that now they just sold their name to any property. The hotel is a great location. Even though I was there for only a day it was really close to a lot of activities. I was a little disappointed in the "mountain view" room as I really only had a view of the air conditioner which was apparently out and they had a box fan against the window. Not a complaint I appreciated the fact that even thought the day I got there the temp. dropped, they had provisions but again, not really up to the old standards of Doubletree.

The room itself was huge. Almost a suite; microwave, separate wet bar and great size fridge. Huge big screen tv but analog cable so you couldn't really enjoy the quality but you're not in Breckenridge to watch tv. I needed to iron my shirt for the wedding and the iron was filthy. I didn't have time to call for another one. All and all just small touches that I notices.

Staff was ok but since check in was at 4 p.m. and they let me know that they got my request for early check in; which they don't do, I give them points for that. The nicest folks of all were the staff in the restaurant and the valet staff.

All in all, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends