“Wedding in Breckenridge Co”

DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
StlLouis, United States
“Wedding in Breckenridge Co”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

One manager confirmed our discount for the wedding that we came there, but at the time of check out they said no way you pay. Otherwise it was a good place. The wedding party had arranged for a discount for most of the hotels in the area, but double tree did not honer their agreement. !!??

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Chris T, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you for your comments about staying at the DoubleTree in Breckenridge. I apologize for the billing confusion that occurred and would be more than happy to look into this issue with my front desk management team if you contact us at the hotel. There are very strict room rate contracts for every event we host at the hotel, but this could have been an oversight in our regard. Thank you again for joining us, our team hopes to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Thornton, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I decided to take a last minute trip up to Breckenridge to meet some friends from western Colorado. I was able to book my stay quickly, and was met by Ernest at the front desk. He was able to upgrade me to a nicer, bigger room, and the he was very helpful about a suggestion as to where my friends and I could go for dinner. I will be taking more weekend getaways to Breckenridge and will be staying at the Doubletree every time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Chris T, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Our staff was very pleased to read your review and Ernest greatly appreciated your compliment! We work very hard to deliver an experience of a lifetime for every guest and I am thrilled to know that we will be seeing you again in the future. Thank you again for the kind words, see you soon!
Glenwood Springs, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We reserved a single king bed room but the room looked like it was supposed to be a double king bed without the second bed as there was lots of empty space. The space could have been filled with a table and chairs (which would be nice since there was room service available) or a love seat or small couch. We found it kind of comical. And for such a big room the bathroom was the smallest bathroom we had ever seen. You had to walk into the bathroom then close the door to even use the sink. The door almost grazed the toilet it was so small. Also, we had very little toilet tissue in our bathroom so we requested service the next morning but they did not replace the toilet paper. We did enjoy the property and were grateful for the complimentary rides to and from town.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Janet J
Thank you for staying with us at the DoubleTree in Breckenridge! Our executive management team is constantly working to improve the perception and layout of every room and appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion with us. I have been working with the Director of Housekeeping as well to improve our daily service so that the lack of tissue will not arise in the future. I was very pleased to hear you enjoyed the shuttle to and from town along with the rest of the DoubleTree in Breckenridge. Our whole team hopes to see you again in the future!
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

When we first approached the hotel, we could not figure out where self parking was, so we parked out front and checked in. When we went to the front desk (at check-in and other times), there was no one behind it, and the doors to the back office were closed. Someone eventually came out, but gives an empty appearance when no one is in the lobby when you get there. We finished check in, but I then had to ask where parking was, and it was as if I should have known. (It is around the corner, under the building, and you need your key card to enter.)
Breakfast in the 9600 Restaurant was expensive, but your other option is a very limited selection at the market on site - hard with kids. If you are Gold or Diamond Hilton members, there is a continental buffet which is closed off from others. (This also was not mentioned at check-in.)
One other item - no a/c in the room - just a standing fan. I realize it is normally cooler there, but the room would get up to 77 during the day, and the fan did not really get it to a comfortable temp.
I would probably try another hotel next time to see what they have to offer.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
I wanted to thank you for your comments and apologize that your most recent stay at the DoubleTree in Breckenridge was not what you anticipated. Our team members work very hard to be available for all our guests at all times, but I have notified my Front Desk Managers of the empty appearance you mentioned at check in and they are addressing the issue. The self parking garage can only be accessed with an active room key to provide safety and security for all our guests which is why it was necessary to check in first. I hope you enjoyed interacting with the rest of our team members during your trip and think of us for another opportunity the next time you visit Breckenridge.
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Service at front desk was helpful. Room was on 6th floor, with a long walk to elevator that we had to wait 15 mins for. Rooms were comfortable and spacious, just a little dark as it was facing a hillside. Lack of air-conditioning was not a problem as weather was cool, and I kept window open. The carpeted areas look a little worn and tired. Food in bar area was ok. Short walking distance to downtown.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for joining us at the DoubleTree during your recent trip to Breckenridge. I apologize for the long walk and layout of the hotel, however, being built into the side of the mountains provided a bit of a challenge for the original architect of the structure. Although, I have informed my Chief Engineer of your comments on the slow elevator and we are working to resolve that issue. Thank you again for staying with us, our team hopes to see you again soon!
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed at Doubletree Breckenridge in March for 5 days skiing iwth my 13 year old son. I stayed using points from my Hilton account. This appeared to be on of the few Hilton hotels available in the Colorado ski resorts. Overall the stay at the hotel was very good and we will be back. The best part is the location - we could walk across the road (and adjacent car park) to one of the main lifts. Not exactly door to door skiing but good enough for what we needed. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The indoor ski rental factility is useful if you need to rent ski equipment (I suggest reserving in advance). Restaurant and bar are OK. Pool is small but OK. Gym is reasonable size. I would say that the indoor decor didn't quite match other Doubletree's that I've stayed in but that didn't matter much since we didn't spend much time in the hotel. We were on the 2nd floor so access to room was easy. I did hear some people complain that access the higher floors (5th or 6th) was a bit annoying due to delays in elevators but most people I spoke to were very happy with the hotel. The walk to downtown takes about 10 mins in snow conditions and I believe most people took the free shuttle most days rather than walk (again, I was OK with this since my goal was to be close to the slopes rather than the downtown shops/restaurants)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for joining us at the DoubleTree during your spring ski trip to Breckenridge! Our whole staff was very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the hotel's location to the slopes and amenities of the property. Our team appreciates your comments and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Seattle, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Service excellent, The shuttle was quick and efficient with courteous drivers brimming with advice of the town of Breckenridge. The rooms were spotless and spacious. Room staff was pleasant and prompt. We had a nice dinner in the restaurant. The big drawback was no air-conditioning. the window was difficult to open and a ventilation system hummed throughout the day outside our window, providing a continuous white noise.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for joining us at the DoubleTree during your recent stay to Breckenridge! Due to the high alpine environment and cold temperatures in the evening most hotels in the area do not have A/C, however we are initiating a project to install units into every one of our hotel rooms. I'm very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed interacting with our team members and using the complimentary shuttle service as well. We hope to see you again soon!