“A great stay at the Double Tree”

DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My wife and I had a great time staying at the Double Tree in Breckenridge. The staff was friendly and when our room was late to be ready, they offered us free drink and appetizer coupons for the bar. The room was neat and clean and the location was beautiful.

1  Thank Casey P
Chris T, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for joining us at the DoubleTree in Breckenridge. Our staff loves hearing the feedback and we were all thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your stay. Please come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

For some reason to get to the 8th floor at this hotel, you need to walk all the way to the back of the hotel, take the elevator up to 6, then zig zag though the halls to find another elevator to take you up to 8. For $200/night, I don't expect to walk a mile to get to my room. Also there is only ONE elevator, which makes it incredibly slow.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for reviewing the DoubleTree in Breckenridge. I apologize for the slow elevators you encountered during your trip, but I have been working with my engineering team to improve this aspect of our hotel. Since our hotel is built into the mountainside it proves to be a unique layout, however, I apologize that our front desk team didn't explain that at check in. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip and join us again on your next trip to Breckenridge!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here so we could bring our 2 full size collies. We asked for a lower level room. While the room was nice and roomy enough, getting to it was a joke. We were on the 9th floor (remember I asked for a lower level room) and we had to take 2 elevators to get to it. So we had to walk very far with 2 dogs, get on the elevator to level 6, get off that elevator, walk a distance again with 2 dogs to get to the elevator to 9. There are only 10 floors. There is an area to walk the dogs across the street from the hotel so that wasn't bad. They were all very friendly. I guess I just don't understand why they put people with dogs so high up and far from the elevators.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for visiting with us at the DoubleTree in Breckenridge. I apologize for the longer journey to get to your room, since our hotel is terraced into the mountainside it requires multiple elevators to access the higher floors. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the spacious room and our team looks forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is a wonderful DoubleTree situation between two ski lifts. Overall I couldn't of asked for a better staff experience. We brought our dog and I felt comfortable bringing her in and out of the hotel. Be sure to ask the front desk for recommendations for hikes, places to eat...

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at the DoubleTree in Breckenridge! Our whole staff was very pleased to read your review and glad you enjoyed the town and some local hikes. We greatly appreciate the comments and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

A great staff, great facilities and they love dogs and kids! I normally don't use the valet services at a hotel but really enjoyed this valet set up. They hustle and with the limited self parking options, it is very nice.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for reviewing your recent trip to the DoubleTree in Breckenridge! Our team was ecstatic to read your review and hear how much your family and your pet enjoyed the stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We tried to order room service but the only food you can get in this hotel is pre-made, pre-packacked and absolutely horrible. When our order was incorrect, we asked to have the charges removed and they refused. And to top it off, we had to take 3 elevators to get from parking to our room...extremely inconvenient. The hotel is way overpriced for the lack of quality you receive.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Chris T, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for joining us at the DoubleTree in Breckenridge and apologize for the inconvenient situations you experienced during your stay. I have shared your menu item concerns with our food and beverage team to make sure this doesn't happen in the future. Since our hotel is terraced into the mountainside multiple elevators are required to get to rooms on the higher floors, but I am sorry that we do not explain this well at check in. Thank you again for your review, I hope this stay does not give you a negative impression of the Hilton brand and if you are in Breckenridge again I would love for you to give us a second chance.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The room was nice and confortable and the hotel had a nice coffee shop and places to eat. The shuttle service was fantastic and of course the hotel is just a short walk from town. I was there for a very large conference and I though the hotel handled check-in and check-out very well. Because we were so busy with the conference we didn’t get to take advantage of the all of the amenities the hotel had to offer. I would stay there again for business or pleasure. The only thing that was somewhat unusual was how you could not take a direct elevator to the 7,8 & 9th floors, you had to walk the maze to the second elevator to get to your room on those floors.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for joining us during your conference at the DoubleTree in Breckenridge. Since our property is terraced into the hillside it does require multiple elevators to access the higher floors, and I apologize if we were unclear about that at check in. Our team greatly appreciates your review and the bell service team was very happy to hear how much you enjoyed the shuttle. Thank you again for your kind words, we look forward to seeing you again in the future!