“The Ride of a Lifetime!”

Colorado Hot Air Balloon Rides
Ranked #1 of 19 Tours in Breckenridge
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer our Mountain Hot Air Balloon Flights in the South Park Valley located high in the central mountains in the exact center of Colorado. Located between Hartsel and Wilkerson Pass and perched above 9,000 feet this unique historical area offers the ultimate topography for hot air ballooning with a mixture of vast rolling hills, 360 degree mountain views and native wildlife. We provide complimentary transportation for those passengers staying in Summit County and the Vail Valley. These passengers will meet us at our central meeting place in Breckenridge where we will provide transportation from there to and from the launch site.
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This is more than just a ride in a beautiful 500 pound hot-air balloon; it is a total experience from the special treatment by a caring staff that demonstrates a genuine love of what they do and the service they provide; the entertainment provided by the crew with lots of laughs and stories; the delicious and generous breakfast that was prepared and served in the classiest manner; and the wonderful champagne toast that was delivered with a lovely prayer....plus a hot- air balloon made from the cork of the champagne that was given to me as a special souvenir of the event for my
Special 60 th birthday was the icing on the cake! The souvenir champagne glasses presented to each guest in a colorful gift bag; the classical music while flying; the explanations by the captain of what we were seeing and the professional handling of our safety at all times... I can not say enough about Colorado Hot Air Balloons!! give this as a gift of a lifetime to someone you love as my daughter gave to me or just give it to yourself when in the gorgeous state of Colorado! You will be happy you did!!!! Sincerely and gratefully, Grace McDonald, Milford, MA

1  Thank Grace M
in 3 reviews
"years experience"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 23 August 2013

To anyone that has never done this, you have to splurge and do it. It is such a beautiful and magnificent experience. There is a measure of peace that comes over you when you ride in a balloon over the surface of the earth. The whole experience takes about half a day. You get up early and they pick you up and it is about an hour drive to the launch site. The drive though is nice. The most nervous part is landing but if you buckle your knees you will be fine. The balloon is very colorful and makes for beautiful pictures. The guys cook up a great breakfast and there are snack available before the ride. I had imagined that the basket was a lot larger but in reality it is very intimate and makes it romantic. Both my husband and I really enjoyed it. Oh and dress in layers to keep yourself warm. You do get warmth from the burner used to fill the balloon

Reviewed 13 August 2013

My boyfriend and I received a gift of a Hot Air Balloon Ride for Two as a graduation present. Riding in a hot air balloon was near the top of my list of things I would NEVER do. But, it was a gift, and so we had to go, right?
This really was a "world class experience".
From the moment we arrived, Steve, a host and crew member provided endless entertainment. We were offered coffee and other refreshments before the flight which was nice. Clean outhouses on site. The balloons were ready to go on schedule and we were all kept well-informed.
As we took flight I was very nervous but once we were in the air a minute, I realized it wasn't scary at all!

The views we saw on our flight were breathtaking. Our pilot Tommy was so friendly and answered all of our questions and kept us entertained the whole time, as if the scenery wasn't enough! We flew approximately 8miles (as estimated by a crew member). I was so incredibly happy with the whole experience.
Breakfast did not disappoint either. Well prepared and Steve made sure to keep the drinks coming lol even for the non drinkers. Perfect end to an amazing experience!

I would recommend this experience to ANYONE. As someone who never would have thought about doing this, I am telling anyone that if you go you will be so glad you did.

I really hope to do this again some day. Thanks to everyone at Colorado Hot Air Balloon Rides!! Above and beyond.

1  Thank Elizabeth R
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Just finished a hot air balloon ride with champagne breakfast with my family. 2 adults and 2 kids age 8 and 12. From the pick up in Breckenridge to the Breakfast it was wonderful. Great people. Everyone was fabulous but a special shout out to our pilot Greg (also the owner) and Steve who kept us all laughing. Would def recommend. Our girls loved it.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I have been very fortunate to have been able to go ballooning three times. This has been the most amazing experience of all of them. Greg and his crew go out of their way to make you feel welcome from the time you meet and begin you adventure through the gorgeous mountains to the launch site. Upon arrival, we were greeted with the smell of fresh bacon, eggs, and hash browns cooking on the outside grills. The tables were set with tablecloths, dishes, silverware, and flower arrangements. Our flight was changed to after breakfast rather than before. (Mother Nature and the winds determine your actual flight time) Then it was fly time! Greg, the owner of the company was our pilot and explained the mountain ranges and information about the balloons. We had a perfect landing and back to the launch sight for the champagne toast and Ballooner's Prayer. What I guess I am trying to say is that this was an amazing experience, and although it was my third time up in a balloon, THIS was the most enjoyable, complete experience of all. The others - less than what I expected - this one far, far more than I ever imagined! Thank you Eric, Justin, Steve (your entertainment was awesome), and especially Greg for having the vision to give people an experience of a lifetime. YOU ALL ROCK!

1  Thank Yohootie