“A novel approach to comfort food”
Review of Twist

Twist
Ranked #29 of 164 Restaurants in Breckenridge
Price range: US$16 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Those of you who have read some of my other reviews know I'm always on the lookout for places for foodies. This is a notable addition.

The menu is an assortment of familiar choices but with 'a twist'. The Dungeness crab eggroll comes a glaze of sweet chili miso with a sauce we couldn't identify but ran circles around the usual peanut or pepper variations. How about a burger made with ground lamb instead of beef, buffalo or elk? Oh, and if you're really into buffalo, how about buffalo chorizo meatloaf with a house ketchup that reminds you of marinara plus salsa verde. Other temptations include pork shoulder tacos with pineapple radish salsa and cotija cheese. Like Mac & Cheese? Then try theirs made with with Jumpin Good Goat Dairy garlic chevre.

In addition they have a nice selections of wines, both bottles and by the glass. The waitstaff were above average in knowing what were good pairings.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

Beautiful house-like restaurant. Eat inside or out. Really great menu w/a "twist" on traditional foods. Nice waitstaff, treated our kids well, and very very tasty food!

Reviewed 3 June 2012

We came here for our anniversary, so they gave us a complimentary glass of champagne (which was a nice surprise). We used a Breckinridge Dining pass, so that helped keep the cost down. The food was very good, but it wasn't out-of-this-world good. Our server was extremely friendly, and the whole staff was sure to do what they could to help insure our dining experience was pleasant; however, the food took awhile, and our server forgot about my glass of wine. Overall, I would eat there again, but I certainly wouldn't mind trying some other restaurants first.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

Breckenridge is home to numerous fantastic cutting edge gourmet restaurants, and Twist is definitely a forerunner. My family, my wife, her family, and I ate here the night before our wedding and we all were incredibly impressed with the service and food. I had the salmon dish, which was exquisite, and the peppermint creme brulee, which had such a fantastic and dynamic flavour that I have not experienced with this kind of dessert. The food indeed is a twist on classic comfort foods, but don't expect to recognise many of the dishes as they take liberty with said comfort food cuisine. The food has the refined, trendy culinary edge mixed with the classic flavours and ingredients of comfort food. Plating is superb as well. The decor and atmosphere matches the food well, featuring the modern interiour design with a touch of homeyness. Our waitress did an excellent job and later revealed that it was her first evening working at Twist. I would have never known had she not told us.

Overall, Twist is a fantastic place for those who love cutting edge and contemporary cuisine. There are many many excellent restaurants in Breck, but I definitely recommend taking the time to eat here. If you want classic meat-and-potatoes comfort food, this may not exactly be the place that will suit your desired dining experience.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

This place has great appetizers, I'd like to come back for a meal. The restarant is in a Victorian style old home with a really nice summertime patio.. Sit in the sun and enjoy a homemade cocktail and appetizers like sweet potato fries, shredded beef tacos and delicious Thai chili style wings. Cool place to visit while in Breck.